2023.8: Translated services, events, and wildcards!

Go for proxmox.

Yeah, crossed my mind. But using a P4 8gig. Don’t know if that’s powerfull enough.
Will probably have to buy some kind of Nuc …

Haven’t tried a pi4. But it would do it IMHO.

Ok I’ll try that for testing proxmox and ha on a spare pi4. So I can learn more of proxmox.
After that, I can use that experience to set up proxmox on a more powerfull device.
Thanks!

I would love to start using the voice control to control my shopping lists. Unfortunately I use different stores for different products and HA only allows for one list. Does anyone know if there is a way to use multiple shopping lists? For example, installing multiple instances of the shopping list integration with different names? I tried a few months ago but couldn’t find a way to have more than one list so I went back to using IOS reminders. Hopefully with the attention to the shopping list integration this month someone can look into this.

2 Likes

There is not. Vote here if you would like to see it added: Shopping List: multiple shopping lists

5 Likes

I guess it depends on whether your credentials are used again when it is time to renew the logon token, or whether a reauthentication token is used at that time. If your credentials are only used once, then it would theoretically be possible to have the configuration flow handle 2FA if all the tokens don’t expire prior to the next data collection. I don’t know if that is something @tronikos had considered or just not possible with current tooling.

EDIT: There is a discussion on 2FA here, Add implementation for conEdison by Sebmaster · Pull Request #13 · tronikos/opower · GitHub.

Must admit I am a bit perplexed why works with nest was removed a month before it finally dies and before the month that the warning inside of home assistant says.

Obviously my problem to fix it and migrate, but I still find it a bit annoying to have to deal with it earlier than I expected to - feels like someone jumped the gun a little bit… I know I should have done it ages ago - but this till took me off guard.

Am going to try to roll back to 2023.07 till I have the time to deal with setting up the new integration.

Update: Roll back to 2023.7.3 docker container restores the connection to works with Nest. I’ll work on migrating to the new nest setup before I move to 2023.8 sometime later this month.

With the new MQTT rules I got warning for 232 devices. How can I fix this automatically?

I run everything on a rpi4 8gb without any issues.

Yes, can’t seems to toggle anything correctly… Glad it’s not just me

1 Like

same. i downgraded back to .7 version as im not at a point where i want to rename 20+ devices, remake the homekit links, update dashboards etc…

4 posts were split to a new topic: Things I would like implemented

Hence the words QOL aka Quality of Life

Hi, is there really nothing to worry about? I have a naming convention for entities which is

<device_name>_<entity_type>

In the GUI on the device page the entites are now shown as “_temperature” and the device_name part has been removed from the display. That’s ok for me, but the warning says, that this workaround will be removed in HA 2024.2.0. What does that mean? I don’t want to change my naming convention because all of my automations rely on pyscript. And having source code with entites like “temperature_22” or “occupancy_13” is very error prone. Therefore I want to keep my current naming convention (and it would be a pain in the a** to change it). Do I now have to live forever with those warnings? And what happens after 2024.2 release?

1 Like

I had no issues before either.
But, the problem was, de Restore didn’t work and destroyed everything.

Have the same problem with TP-Link Kasa Smart. Checked all the automations an nothing was doing this. They also got renamed.

back-up restore and all working again.

yep same issue here, had to do a back up

Same here. Turning one on/off does the same to the other one but it doesn’t actually do it. So if I turn the top one on, it’ll turn on the bottom one but the bottom one doesn’t actually turn on.