2023.9: New climate entity dialogs, lots of tile features, and template sensors from the UI!

Thank you, this will work great :slight_smile:

:rofl:
English is not my mother tongue, I guess I have learned something today and that Iā€™ll use it abusively tomorrow with the only english coworker I have, just like in The Office video google showed me when I searched for ā€˜ā€˜Whats updogā€™ā€™. :rofl:

3 Likes

Lol yep, doing an update on my phone in the middle of the night (my fingers got bored during an ad break halfway through an NFL game lol) ā€œprobablyā€ wasnā€™t the best idea.

I do like your cautious approach, and tbh, most of the time I follow a similar, although slightly less cautious approach with my updates (I never install phone OS updates immediately either to avoid any initial bugs).

As you said, this forum really does help. Ppl sharing their ā€œslip-upsā€ can be a huge help in avoiding similar issues later down the road. Great community.

1 Like

I think you should open an issue and inform de the developer. Make sense?

I had to roll back to 2023.8.4 because I suddenly lost the ability to make remote service calls like remote.send_command rendering my Broadlink automations useless.

That service seemed to just ā€œvanishā€ from HA when I moved to 2023.9. It wouldnā€™t appear in dev tools even.

Anyone else hit that?

Check your log for errors. Broadlink working fine over here.

1 Like

And here too :wink:

I cant see the new climate dialog window when I click climate entity.

1 Like

Hi folks.
Since last update all climate and thermostat cards(even not customized) are missing more info dialog commands and info from the three dots menuā€¦
I canā€™t make restore, because of 2FA changed(the only last way is to reinstall everything from scratch but it will be a loooong week). Can I do something to fix this error?
Thankā€™s for your support.

1 Like

I did before rolling back. ā€œError: cannot call remote.send_command // remote service does not existā€ and whatnot. Really strange the remote service just broke.

But yeah I hear you.

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

2 Likes

Same problem here :frowning: but works correctly in the ios appā€¦

Yes, thatā€™s a result of your actual issue. So if you do upgrade again, please look for errors on startup. Not errors during run that are a result of the missing service call.

Hi!
Iā€™ve cleared cash on all devices.
Closing the session with log out.
Closing the tab.
Clearing all data from browsers.
Cleating history, cookies, cashe and all other dataā€¦
Starting new tab, entering username, password and 2fa code.
And the result is the same.
And is not only with custom climate cards.
Even uninstalled Android application just to be sure that Iā€™m not doing something wrong.

From what Iā€™ve heard, a custom card on your system is causing the issue. Iā€™ll try and get more details.

Here is the issue Error message: "Failed to call service system_log/write. unknown error" after update 2023.9.2 Ā· Issue #17954 Ā· home-assistant/frontend Ā· GitHub

Are you using Better Thermostat? If yes, uninstall that.

2 Likes

reinstall with v1.1.1 fix it

Was the curios (and for me useless) search syntax re-released this or in a recent release?

So that it is searching for c*l*a instead of cla in this example?

Many releases ago, this was introduced already once, but ofc reverted in .1 directly because it did not make any sense. Same as now again. If I type cla, i donā€™t need a result list of hundreds of entities where cla is even not existing but only a c a l and a a somewhere in the name.

Being able to search for c*l*a would be fine, but only when I type the *. Searching automatically for c*l*a not at all. In the result list Iā€™m not able to find anything anymore.

Hi again!
Definitely Custom better thermostat was the problem. Now more info dialog with commands on normal thermostat cards are working on Android application.
I am still on charge but after half hour will try on Mozilla at home.

P.S. Tested on Mozilla Firefox (mobile and desktop versions)
And the cards are working.
Presets arenā€™t the right onesā€¦:

Bur at least are working
And thatā€™s after removing from HACS
1.Better thermostat integration
and
2.Custom better thermostat lovelace card