2023.9: New climate entity dialogs, lots of tile features, and template sensors from the UI!

Am I missing something with the new GUI Template sensor with device class?

I was looking to set up a sensor that would measure energy cost (kwh*tariff), but it does not seem to offer “monetary” as an available class. Yet it is available in the YAML version.

The GUI version is considerably simplified and will not support all yaml options. If you need something that in not in the GUI version you have to use yaml.

1 Like

When I updated to core version 9.0 I received this indication
in the settings part : The astroweather integration uses the deprecated forecast. I don’t know where to make the correction could you help me?. It would be good that when these messages come out there is a trace of where to make the changes to avoid future problems. Thanks for your answers

You don’t make the changes. The Astroweather developer does. Please open an issue with the third party developer.

Edit: someone already has: The integration astroweather is using the deprecated forecast attribute. · Issue #32 · mawinkler/astroweather · GitHub

All you have to do is wait for the update.

1 Like

Thank You Claudio

There are no connection or DNS issues on my system. Is Github using multiple servers, maybe one of them is having issues?

It’s always DNS.

6 Likes

HA has an internal DNS and your network will use DNS.

What is internal DNS?

Supervised installations have a dns “addon” that’s hidden to the user but viewable via SSH.

So that setting is not made from Settings - > System-> Network → <adaptor> DNS ?

:man_shrugging: I’m not well versed in how it functions or DNS in general. Typically when you have issues accessing websites, its always one of two things. Your internet connection or DNS issues.

1 Like

It’s just very odd that the system has worked perfectly until today. And another user has identical issue.

I’m using pfSense firewall, HA gets IP via DHCP and uses pfSense’s DNS. I just tried with manual HA IP settings and tested with 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1. as DNS but still the same problem. Also updating ESPHome fails, looks like it’s not using github.

Never mind, I misread your post. You were saying the container is hidden. Not the settings. The settings are made from the GUI.

1 Like

Check the pfSense logs to see which rule is blocking HA.

I have the same issue as well. Noticed it after upgrading today. I restored a backup but the issue us still there.
Same error regarding Github as you have.
Just to try, I tested to install a community add-on from the add-on store and it was not possible:

23-09-07 16:11:51 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.addons] Creating Home Assistant add-on data folder /data/addons/data/a0d7b954_grocy
23-09-07 16:11:51 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.docker.interface] Downloading docker image ghcr.io/hassio-addons/grocy/amd64 with tag 0.19.1.
23-09-07 16:12:22 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can't install ghcr.io/hassio-addons/grocy/amd64:0.19.1: 500 Server Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.41/images/create?tag=0.19.1&fromImage=ghcr.io%2Fhassio-addons%2Fgrocy%2Famd64&platform=linux%2Famd64: Internal Server Error ("Head "https://ghcr.io/v2/hassio-addons/grocy/amd64/manifests/0.19.1": dial tcp 140.82.121.34:443: i/o timeout")

I can connect to my instance through Nabu Casa, so it is connecting to internet, and the host machine has no other issued regarding internet connectivity. Not sure what is going on here, but something is definately broken

I can confirm that I have the same issue as @Ipwevers with firmware 3.17.3. All four entities are no longer available in the integration. Will open a GitHub issue.

1 Like

Nothing is blocking it. I haven’t changed firewall setup for a long time. Only one that could have changed is pfBlockerNG’s block lists. I tried disabling it but still the same problem.

Is it me, or does the template not show up under integrations?
It does when I manually type the address:
https:/my.ha.server/config/integrations/integration/template

The new library errors when the user/pass is incorrect, where-as the old library would only display data from the non-authenticated endpoints. You might need to delete the integration and recreate it using the installer account instead.

2023.9.1 will restore the old behavior of having limited functionality when the user/pass is incorrect instead of erroring.

3 Likes