2024.1: Happy automating!

I updated my homematic integration to 1.52 before updating HA from 2023.12.3 to the current version.

Since then my homematic devices are not findable in node-red and every flow stopped. Do you have any ideas?

I solved my issue: “node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket” was missing in node-red. I don’t know why and I don’t understand but adding it again solved my issue.

I’ve had this issue for a while, I’m still on 2023.12. I assumed it was a compatibility issue as I run early release version of Protect. I think there is a GitHub issue.
Mine do clear, but take about 5 mins.

I found an issue on Github from a month ago or so, Object/Person detections not turning off for a longer period after updating to 2023.11.3 and Unifi-Protect 2.9.42 · Issue #104797 · home-assistant/core · GitHub, looks like there is something happening somewhere

Hi!
After updating HomeAssistant from 2023.12.4 to 2024.1 i discovered that Homematic VirtualKeys not longer are working in automations.

I have 2 automations running fo activating/deactivating my alarmsystem. This is done with CCU3 and Homeassistant and worked before updating to 2024 without any problems.

Deeper details:
Home Assistant is checking if some of the family is home by proofing if any Smartphone is connected with the Wlan at home.
If someone is coming home the automation I created decativates the Alarmsystem.
If nobody is home a further automation activates the Alarmsystem.

My configuration.yaml:
#Homematic Konfiguration

homematic:
  interfaces:
    rf:
      host: 192.168.178.20
      resolvenames: "json"
      username: !secret Homematic-rf_username
      password: !secret Homematic-rf_password
    ip:
      port: 2010
      username: !secret Homematic-ip_username
      password: !secret Homematic-ip_password
    groups:
      port: 9292
      username: !secret Homematic-groups_username
      password: !secret Homematic-groups_password
      path: /groups
  hosts:
    ccu3:
      port: 2001
      username: !secret Homematic-ccu_username
      password: !secret Homematic-ccu_password

My both autmations:

alias: Alarmanlage aktivieren
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - group.somebody_home
    to: not_home
condition: []
action:
  - service: homematic.virtualkey
    data:
      address: BidCoS-RF
      channel: 1
      param: PRESS_SHORT
mode: single

alias: Alarmanlage ausschalten
description: ""
trigger:
    entity_id: device_tracker.galaxy_s9_karl
    to: home
    entity_id:
      - group.somebody_home
    to: home
condition: []
action:
  - service: homematic.virtualkey
    data:
      address: BidCoS-RF
      channel: 2
      param: PRESS_SHORT
mode: single

So now my question - Have someone else this troubles? Are there any changes were done to communicate with the Homematic VirtualKeys in HomeAssistant 2024.1?

Reverted back to Home Assistant 2023.12.4 - and with this version my configuration works without any issue.

Thank´s for your advice

Yes that’s the one

I have the problem that when I log out of my cloud account, Home Assistant takes a long time to restart.

The problem has already been described here:
Home Asistant Cloud - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

Hi, I am the only one to notice increase of resource consumption after 2024.1 / 11.3 upgrade ? On proxmox node; x86_64 system
Image attached:
1 : 2024.1 + 11.3 upgrade
2 : 2024.1.2 upgrade, seems little better

My Window drawer via Raapberrymatic are missing since the first 2024 release. There is no issue in Raspberrymatic.

Initially yes, went back after a day

1 Like

Hi. Automation editor still is hard to use. I have automation like on screenshot and scrolling page make this view unreadable. Can editor use different frame colors or somenthing? This view make very hard to debug automation.

My automation looks like:

2 Likes

I upgraded from 2023.12.x to 2024.1.2, and this update appears to mess up how the Evohome temperatures are displayed in HA graphs.

I updated today before noon, and as you can see from the first graph, immediately it looks really different from normal.

I reverted back to 2023.12.x and the graph continues as normal (except for the flatline where the new version was installed)

1 Like

This is the first time in years that I am afraid to upgrade. There is an awful lot of “2024.1.x broke my …” that could apply to me. Is there a summary of what .1, .2, etc fixes without having to scroll through all of the .0 release notes?

3 Likes

Well there are all the normal .1, .2 release notes linked in the 2024.1 blog entry. This has not changed.

2 Likes

Hi folks can anyone tell me how much free storage space is required to install this update? I’ve got about 1.5GB but the update process never completes it just sits there spinning the UI like it’s doing something for 30-40 minutes and then it stops seemingly without having done anything at all. No messages generated and no logs that I can find. Other updates for add-ons and even the OS install just fine.

If it is running out of space some kind of notification would be nice.

Thanks.

Lol you must be an engineer. “Just don’t use a laptop” smh

2 Likes

The holiday integration is based on python-holidays. There is an open issue for adding the Jordan calendar. Feel free to contribute to the library to add your calendar :slight_smile:

The library also has information about other categories than just public holidays. There is an open pull request for selecting categories within an options flow.

1 Like

Not entirely, im also old-school, the time-period where efficiency, overview and functionality was in focus, compared to today’s ( Fancy-Look, Huge-Baby-Sized-Buttons and other huge Dialogs ( Instead of i.e Manuals )
However i build all my views with responsive design, so i can easily have i.e 5 buttons ( 4 if i use slider-buttons) in a row on a mobile device (vertical-mode) … in the end, my system is focused / build for Automation !, not for controlling through the Phone, and definitely not building. ( Edit a few minor things, could be convenient, if im not really capable , or in the position of using i.e a Laptop )
Yes bouncing in and out of dialogs is a pain ( even on a Laptop ), And as most people ( Got The Point ) after a few sessions, others just don’t ever do , New Users tend to read Nothing, if it ain’t thrown in their faces, and then they complain, spite the fact they’ve grown up with Google and Search Functions everywhere

4 Likes

Hey,

after the update to 2024.X Nuki Lock 3.0 Pro which is connected through MQTT integration stopped working. Pressing the lock/unlock button doesn’t do anything and it doesn’t pick up the states from the lock.

The lock is not “unavailable”, it’s shown in the UI but you can not interact with the lock.

Does anyone have that problem with 2024.X?

I updated to 2024.1.2 and can at least get logged in now but no entities show up. Any luck on your end?

Also new is the update actions card feature. This addition by @piitaya allows you to add buttons to a card to trigger update actions when pressed.

How exactly does that work? I use the Tile card for a few lights entities. The feature I use the most is the brightness, but to have buttons in the Tile card that run “things” 'd nice.

I can think about custom scripts/scenes to apply to a groups of lights some presets of color and brightness.