2024.1: Happy automating!

So I’ve avoided .0 releases like the plague for a year now because something always goes south on me. I decided “hey, this one doesn’t have too much going on and literally two new features that are useful to me, so why not”. I am already seeing a key integration “SecuritySpy” lost three sensors, not sure why, but fortunately the cameras still feed into HA so I’m sort of on the fence of keeping or restoring. I guess I’ll know in a couple hours after things happen.

I’ll be chuffed if it fixes some ongoing errors I’ve been dealing with, which is a big reason I updated.

New release breaks Google Cast Integration. My Google Nest Hub doesn’t work anymore as media player.

Just a warning for SonoffLAN users.

HA 2024.1 does not go well together with SonoffLAN.

2 Likes

Seems strange, these entities have 2 attributes each (nothing long at all) and update rarely. You might have another issue somewhere that triggers this.

Though indeed, in most cases, they do not need to be recorded (maybe the version, if you want to keep track of updates…).

Yeah already posted, please don’t repeat post. Now let’s leave it on the GitHub for that custom integration.

Thanks for the valve type, it definitely was a gaping hole. I’ve had a water-main valve for almost as long as I’ve had Home Assistant, I documented a howto here.

Two questions:

1. Does ESPhome export this valve type properly yet?
  2. Will HomeKit recognize this valve as, well, a HomeKit “valve”?
1 Like

Not yet, but likely soon.

1 Like

Did not see it. I’m very sorry. Feel almost criminal now. Will you please forgive me this crime, committed by the very best intention?

2 Likes

Hello, after the update, the integration with Sonoff stopped working, the devices are not responding to commands correctly, please check this urgently, thank you

1 Like

Lol of course, and maybe we need to repeat it for @Lucianosouza99

Welcome @Lucianosouza99 , the sonoff integration does seem to be broken in this release. However this is an issue for the integration author, as it is a custom integration. There are at least two links to the GitHub issue for this, so please search the thread. Cheers.

1 Like

I’m really not loving the trend towards dialogs for everything guys :confused:

Dialogs have their place but constantly bouncing in and out of dialogs when you’re trying to build an automation feels really inefficient. They can also be problematic in terms of data loss, as it’s really easy to slip up on my touchpad and dismiss an active dialog on accident.

1 Like

FYI: HA 2024.1 does not play well with RCT Power (hacs), Gives:

Errors:
Setup failed for custom integration 'rct_power': Unable to import component: Exception importing custom_components.rct_power
02:10:54 – (FEL) setup.py
Unexpected exception importing component custom_components.rct_power
02:10:54 – (FEL) loader.py

Warning:
POWER_VOLT_AMPERE was used from rct_power, this is a deprecated constant which will be removed in HA Core 2025.1. Use UnitOfApparentPower.VOLT_AMPERE instead, please create a bug report at https://github.com/weltenwort/rct-power/issues

I have issued report to weltenwort at github.

Making configurations, programming, troubleshooting, a phone or touch pad, Is inefficient, and risky, that’s your choice, whether it’s because of laziness or lack of proper equipment…

2 Likes

Where did you find “breaking changes”?

They have changed the heading to “Backward-incompatible Changes” - which is in fact a more accurate name.

Thanks, I’ll follow the solution there

1 Like

It also allows us to say that new releases of Home Assistant no longer have Breaking Changes. :wink:

6 Likes

It braeks intergrations like “Climate Grroup” (GitHub - daenny/climate_group: Home Assistant Climate Group).
See also Update breaks Climate Groups HACs integration · Issue #107024 · home-assistant/core · GitHub
or Core 2024.1.0 broke several integrations #107009

I reverted to the previous version because I need “climate group”.

/GG

Yes, never use a .0 version on one side, but how do you detect errors if it’s not used on the other side? Hopefully the backup works to be able to rollback.