2024.1: Happy automating!

This update made the mobile app devices not being able to “setup” ( altought they were already setup previously ) for some reason. This broke everything for everyone in my home because all of pur automations are based on mobile device conditions and location.

Literally rolled back after 3 minutes. Sorry for not providing any logs. I just wanted to provide a +1 for the broken mobile apps as well.

PS: I am literally not using any integrations except for the default ones and Nabu Casa.

The issue is definitely not with custom integrators.

All we have is HA + Nabu Casa + HA Mobile App

Happy New Year to everyone !

If it’s any consolation, I feel even the English version could use refinement.

It’s now very similar to how openHAB refers to each step but opts for a different way to describe the condition.

Home Assistant

When
And if
Then do 

openHAB

When
But only if
Then

In my opinion, “but only if” does a slightly better job of expressing the meaning of a condition (it’s a constraint). However, I have no idea how easily “but only if” can be accurately translated into several other languages.

Anyway, I don’t use the Automation Editor so I don’t have a strong opinion on the matter.

14 Likes

Good to swap temperature in the thermostat card but what we really want is using an option to use remote temperature sensor

3 Likes

Have a look at the months old breaking changes here

Hello, I updated yesterday evening and after that the Govve integration no longer works. If I import my backup from the previous version, everything works without errors. In the new update, Govee appears with the error “not loaded” and the devices/entities are not available.

yeah changed the entity names etc… still does not make them available so…

As a native German speaker I agree.

If I find the time I will do a PR to propose a wording like „Wenn / Aber nur wenn / Dann mache“

EDIT: already adjusted the string on Lokalise

7 Likes

You had to change the config, not the entity names:

- platform: systemmonitor
    resources:
      - type: ipv4_address
        arg: end0
      - type: ipv6_address
      - type: network_in
      - type: network_out
1 Like

My lazyspa is not OEM wifi connected, not sure if the same project will work for you or not but I’m just running a D1 Mini between the pump and the screen running this project GitHub - visualapproach/WiFi-remote-for-Bestway-Lay-Z-SPA: Hack - ESP8266 as WiFi remote control for Bestway Lay-Z spa Helsinki
I followed this guide Home Assistant Hot Tub Integration - Antanaitis and after figuring out pin order for the board I have it was really really easy to get it to publish through MQTT and has been rock solid (after setting some static IPs)

Then i think you want this Generic thermostat - Home Assistant

1 Like

Would just be nice to have the options to select a sensor directly in the card :wink:

Depending on how far you want to take it, you could. While not directly on the thermostat, you put the thermostat in a grid with a grid below it, the buttons below change, for example, a helper entity that switches which input you want and the generic thermostat uses that to display the temperature instead of a single static device. I do something similar in my RV with a propane tank and single clicking the icon switches between three states.

I do get that it’s not native and it’s something you want (obviously submit a feature request) but what you want to do is doable.

1 Like

So happy the Tailwind IQ3 integration is now included. I switched from homekit integration to the new Tailwind integration today and it works well. Thank you!

Did you update the integration? I am not having any issues with the govee integration, but did update in HACS at some point this week.

Also, you would be best helped by going to the govee integration thread for specific integration issues, or by filing a case in the integration github. Also is a good idea to just always post the relevant logs so folks don’t inevitably ask for them as their first question.

I updated. I removed the current thermostat card and re-added. I dont see the option show current temperature as primary information

Mobil_alerts error in the new version.
I got the following errors after the update:

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 360, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.shield(task)
File “/config/custom_components/mobile_alerts/binary_sensor.py”, line 234, in async_setup_entry
async_add_entities(create_gateway_binary_sensor_entities(coordinator.gateway))
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/config/custom_components/mobile_alerts/binary_sensor.py”, line 190, in create_gateway_binary_sensor_entities
return [
^
File “/config/custom_components/mobile_alerts/binary_sensor.py”, line 191, in
MobileAlertesGatewayBinarySensor(
File “/config/custom_components/mobile_alerts/binary_sensor.py”, line 79, in init
description.translation_key = description.key
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “”, line 4, in setattr
dataclasses.FrozenInstanceError: cannot assign to field ‘translation_key’
2024-01-04 17:53:02.974 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up mobile_alerts platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 360, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.shield(task)
File “/config/custom_components/mobile_alerts/sensor.py”, line 508, in async_setup_entry
async_add_entities(create_gateway_sensor_entities(coordinator.gateway))
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/config/custom_components/mobile_alerts/sensor.py”, line 455, in create_gateway_sensor_entities
return [
^
File “/config/custom_components/mobile_alerts/sensor.py”, line 456, in
MobileAlertesGatewaySensor(
File “/config/custom_components/mobile_alerts/sensor.py”, line 161, in init
description.translation_key = description.key
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “”, line 4, in setattr
dataclasses.FrozenInstanceError: cannot assign to field ‘translation_key’

Did you clear your browser cache, that’s prob all it is.

1. Click ‘Show Code Editor’
  2. Set the show_current_as_primary option to true
show_current_as_primary: true

From the documentation:

Samen here… sonoff products won’t work anymore… Or strange behaviour

There is a new update that fixes the Sonoff-LAN HACS. Just released, check you HA for the update!

Then you can update HA to 2024.1

2 Likes