2024.10: Heading in the right direction

Oh yes, this was ABSOLUTELY needed! I started using Home Assistant in the era of:

condition:
  condition: or
  conditions:
    - condition:

And between this new syntax and the previously implemented condition shorthands, I think I’m FINALLY getting to the point where I don’t need to look it up everytime I code it!

So thank you thank you thank you thank you to all the developers for the ongoing quality-of-life improvements.

10 Likes

One more core installation that is spewing FileNotFound errors into the log looking for uv. Successfully rolled back to 2024.9.3.

Welcome, I am not saying that I hate/dislike this change - I only do not consider it as important.
Ofc using plurals makes the code more logical - like we say “views” & “cards” in lovelace.

We all have different definitions of “Many many many” :wink:

2 Likes

This is not about a particular number or percent, this is about “some significant number of users are affected”. I think the issue can be closed.

It’s a path issue, adding the environment line to my systemd file worked for me.

[Unit]
Description=Home Assistant
After=network-online.target

[Service]
Type=simple
User=%i
WorkingDirectory=/home/%i/.homeassistant
ExecStart=/srv/homeassistant/bin/hass -c  "/home/%i/.homeassistant"
Environment="PATH=/srv/homeassistant/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/home/homeassistant/.local/bin"
RestartForceExitStatus=100
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target```
11 Likes

Same for me

1 Like

Tibber integration still broken? Haven’t worked for me since 2024.8.3.

Is there anyway to make the Heading Title (not subtitle) go back to the same size was it was in prior releases?

yes, you can set the variable
ha-heading-card-title-font-size: in your theme to any size you like

see frontend/src/panels/lovelace/cards/hui-heading-card.ts at 67217b9dd0f5ad43aafb3bba2fe2821407b25243 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub for the used theme variables in the heading card

2 Likes

Another Core user with that issue and your solution works! :+1:

Is there any chance that this release is going to fix the issue with matter devices involved in scripts or automations that have timed out - killing the script or automation, despite continue_on_error: true being part of the YAML

I have a Goodnight House script that I run every night, and every few nights I have to run it several times before it will complete successfully - because at some point there will be a CHIP Timeout error and the whole script will just stop with an error.

Despite the apparent similarities between triggers and conditions, this is not possible. Triggers are events. They happen in an instant, they are not true or false. Things do not happen exactly together. Think of for instance a button press, the change from below 5 to above 5, the change from on to off.

2 Likes

By simply adding a condition for each and every trigger the automation will behave similar to “AND” triggers, even if one of the triggers occurs before the other.

4 Likes

for my own sanity, that’s same as what I said earlier in the thread isn’t it?

2 Likes

You did. I just thought a bit of clarification on the why was in place. The difference between triggers and conditions is not always clear to everyone.

1 Like

all good…more just wondering if I was on the right track…cheers

1 Like

It would be nice to have the little icons like the entities listed in the heading also in the mosaics…
Or to paint a border and a background around the heading like a card with a single entity…
And/Or to paint a border and a background around a grid so we can put more heading in there and make it look like a card with multiple entities…

1 Like

TTS Quickplay in Chromecast Devices seems broken. I am receiving this error:

Failed to perform the action media_player/play_media. CastMediaPlayerEntity._quick_play Failed: Failed to execute quick play

3 Likes

The problem that timeout is not respecting continue_on_error occur in other places also