2024.10: Heading in the right direction

Oh thanks Ildar. Nice discovery. One of the things I noticed about headings is how simply you can use any custom attributes you have added to an entity. They’re all listed in the drop-down.

This needs more visibility. Thank you!!

1 Like

well, we can set the border straight:

with:

md-dialog-container-shape-start-start: var(--ha-card-border-radius)
    md-dialog-container-shape-start-end: var(--ha-card-border-radius)
    md-dialog-container-shape-end-start: var(--ha-card-border-radius)
    md-dialog-container-shape-end-end: var(--ha-card-border-radius)

ha-card-border-radius: 0

did not yet find the animation settings, but at least I’ve got my theme back, also in the confirmations of operating my Home:

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-10-04 om 14.38.45

it’s weird this is required, because frontend/src/components/ha-dialog.ts at 0110bdd24a96072736a2a24bb279324bf2f4fa69 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub uses ha-dialog-border-radius, and that is set to
ha-dialog-border-radius: var(--ha-card-border-radius) since forever in my themes.

2 Likes

Not sure it is possible to remove this animation by card-mod-theme or external js, this seems to be not a property of a dialog.
Personally, I do not dislike the new dialogs, for me they look same as before; and I got a rather powerful host PC and do not notice any lags in animation. Agree that this could be crucial for less powerful clients & could be not comfortable for some people. That is why iOS contains lots of switches for disabling animations…

It’s a globally stickied post. Basically has the “most possible visibility” on the forums at the moment.

1 Like

This discussion clearly indicates that there is a need for a card that displays nice looking tables, ideally with interactions (tap actions) and (template based) colors and icons.

We see a lot of creativity to achieve this by using standard and custom cards in various and not intentional ways.

I rarely visit the forums anymore, I would have liked to have seen this in the blog but I know it’s a custom integration and not officially supported so I understand.

1 Like

It does seem a lot of these Alexa posts are a case of people updating before reading.

Still, when something which affects a lot of people crops up unexpectedly, it would be nice to have a place to put that which is immediately visible to anyone doing the update. Yeah, that sounds like coddling, but it would save the rest of us a bit of aggravation.

And, it would be really nice if HA earned a reputation as something which could be updated without worrying.

2 Likes

Would someone kickstart the build process for 2024.10.1 please.

but it’s a balancing act isn’t it…HA can’t be responsible for an action outside of it’s control, but at the same time by letting custom components in this is the risk the project and we individually run.
In this instance it seems further magnified because AMP is releasing new versions that apparently are incorporating untested PRs (and then specifically in the case of AMP 4.13.3 possibly ChatGPT generated). From what I’ve read (and I could be wrong) it seems AMP was made to load everything all at once to speed things up but this just caused a complete meltdown on impacted systems…

and then situation was even more magnified by the fact that HA 2024.10 and AMP 4.13.3 seems to release pretty much at the same time :see_no_evil:

and you’ve hit the nail on the head with this one…a lot of RTFM needed

(edits for typos all over the place…)

2 Likes

Looks awesome! Tooooo bad column width can’t be fixed, library hurts my eyes :sweat_smile:

It sure is! We want it all. We want HA to work with every possible external device, but we want it stable and reliable. We want it to be highly customizable, but also to be easy for a new user to use without any tinkering. We want it to be open-source, but want the volunteers doing the work to follow the kinds of standards and procedures you’d see in a corporate environment. The list goes on.

Still, it would be nice to have a place to flag major problems like the Alexa one so people would see them before updating.

Disclaimer: I don’t use Alexa, and I do read all I can before updating. I just think there’s an opportunity for improvement here. I’d leave it to the experts as to how best to implement it.

6 Likes

Yeah, that was an oversight :eyes:

I fixed it all up by setting the display decimal places on all the temp and humidity sensors down to integers ( should work until the temp drops to 9 )

With some fixes, including fix for tts.

1 Like

Heading somehow doesn’t work anymore. Im on the latest version ha core and hoas.

Cleared your cache?

1 Like

Fixed thanks!

1 Like

… Or if Battery goes <10, or one value goes unavailable, unknown… :crazy_face:

Don’t get me wrong! I love the look of your card and the easyness to set it up. We need to get creative by e.g. setting fixed decimals.
Yet, Setting an e.g. REM or % per Column would make those compromises unnecessary :smiling_face:

1 Like

Could you please share your YAML-code for this? Looks awesome!

This now works again in 10.1, great job everyone contributing! ( Fix int value in unique_id for Tellduslive by robinostlund · Pull Request #127526 · home-assistant/core · GitHub )