2024.10: Heading in the right direction

Thanks for posting this. After upgrading, I started having massive memory leaks. I added 4GB, then another 8GB to the VM hoping it would buy time to investigate, but it didn’t. I didn’t connect the dots, but you did. I disabled the AMP and that seems to have fixed it. It’s not been too long, but I’m sitting at under a gig of consumed memory now. This looks like the issue, thanks again!

After updating my HA is constantly rebooting. Seems to be a memory leak, since I see this on the CLI.

Out of memory: Killed process XXXX (python3)

I’m running on a Raspberyy pi4 w/ 4gb of RAM. Never had this problem

the disconnection errors seems to be related to Alexa Media Player as already stated by petro 2024.10: Heading in the right direction - #134 by petro

Dont have Alexa, never have… Wish it was that simple. 2024.10 killed my day. I should have practiced restores more often in prep for outages like this. My plants didnt get and sleep as HA automation was down all night :wink: Anyway managed to get in fast enough to do safe-mode reboot before an auto restart and reverted to 2024.9. Think I will just wait for the brains trust to find the issues for the next release. I really shouldnt be so eager to update in future. Has never given me problems in the past, silly me. Happy to provide my log if helps the brains trust.

2 Likes

Or you could be proactive and post your logs on a github issue.

But of course you are free to just be ‘that guy’.

3 Likes

@sgurgul @Tekwyzard @henrikbla
please join in and share logs or whatever might be needed for someone to fix this

and how do i make the icons the same size?

Same here. Issue is already opened in repo.

Restoring to 2024.9.3 fixes the problem but unveils that the new “Improved YAML syntax for automations” are backward incompatible if you restore previous version of HA Core… Good I’ve edited just one automation since Wednesday…

did you check the link I posted? there is also a variable for the icon size there
though you have to be careful, as its not a dedicated hiding variable, so it will also change your other icons…

for now (until they add a dedicated icon variable) you’d have to use card-mod to change it

Thanks for the tip. Helped me with reboot loop.

1 Like

The objects in jinja haven’t changed.

I think I can finally rid myself of that custom card, much as I loved it

This tabular data for climate sensors, (temp and humidity) with battery is made using auto-entities and the (I LOVE IT) new title card :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is good.
So far in my config I have not renamed “platform” to “trigger” since “platform” is more familiar & logical (since the attribute is “platform” as well). But probably will rename to make the code consistent with Docs.

An interesting way of using headings)). Guess the initial idea was to use it as a “heading”, but you use it as a “row”.
As for replacing multiple-entity-row: these are rather different cards with different features:

but great that we have more alternatives.

BTW, is seems to be possible to add headings into Entities card:
and headings look ALMOST like a row (margins are a bit different).

code
type: entities
entities:
  - sun.sun
  - sun.sun
  - type: custom:hui-element
    card_type: heading
    icon: mdi:fridge
    heading: Kitchen
    heading_style: title
    badges:
      - type: entity
        entity: sun.sun
  - type: custom:hui-element
    card_type: heading
    icon: mdi:fridge
    heading: Kitchen
    heading_style: title
    badges:
  - sun.sun

I had the same problem and had also do chown -R hass:hass /home/hass and then restart. I’m using Home Assistant - Fedora Project Wiki instructions.

is there any chance we can reconsider the Migrate dialog-box to ha-md-dialog by wendevlin · Pull Request #22007 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub ha-md-dialog animations?

Initially I found them quite nice on the restart menu, but inside the regular UX, I feel it’s way too much

surprising no-one noticed yet. All dialogs, especially confirmations etc are now rolled out over the user…

Agree, I noticed they were a lot slower to show and the scroll bar renders slowly, I use browser-mod and normal ones and they both are slow. I run on an odroid, displayed on 4k monitor if that matters.

yeah, but it’s not only the slower animation, personally I find it way too rounded and non-business like.
I like my interface to have images, an even use animation to indicate things a lot.

cared tumbling over each other is another thing altogether though. I’d even dare to say it’s a bit unprofessional (no other way of describing it really, I just dont like it…). Personal ofc.

And no way of disabling/customizing that I am afraid

1 Like

Strange. I put this function into my Node-RED and see the same problem. Thing is, my Node-RED isn’t running as a Home Assistant add-on, nor does it have any Home Assistant modules. It’s a stand-alone NR.

If It helps, using this replacement code on my test box worked for me:

`// Format the date and time
var DT = now.toLocaleDateString('en-US', { year: 'numeric', month: 'long', day: 'numeric' });
var TM = now.toLocaleTimeString('en-US', { hour: '2-digit', minute: '2-digit', hour12: false });`