2024.2: More voice, more icons, more integrations, more... everything!

After I updated to 2024.2, my Tuya integration wanted to reautenticate. I did that, and noticed that my Tuya door sensors show now “off” instead of “closed” (or, closed in my lanugage as they did before). Also, some elements in weather integration is also in english now, while others are in my language. Odd.

EDIT: The problem above was apparently fixed in 2024.2.1.

Also, there was a mention about Govee Local integration. I don’t find that from available integrations, only that cloud-based Govee that requires API key when installing.

That is TUYA for you, you chose their ecosystem, you have to live with it I’m afraid.

For the record I do use some TUYA zigbee devices, but usually someone has to develop a z2m/zha special case for that too. But at least I am not dependent on the cloud.

5 Likes

Installed the update yesterday. Everything finally working except wake on lan service which I use to power my Samsung tv. It was working fine until I upgraded. Anyone else having this problem?

Nope. WoL still working here.

ZHA integration uses the zigpy library so there needs to be Zigbee OTA provider download code to get unencrypted images from public sources that the official manufacturers in turn need to provide, see:

https://github.com/zigpy/zigpy/wiki/OTA-Information-for-Manufacturers

https://github.com/zigpy/zigpy/blob/6aeb8a6816585a4bda67e9ea1b125568c18fa702/zigpy/ota/provider.py

https://github.com/zigpy/zigpy/wiki/OTA-Device-Firmware-Updates

Previously it could only be enabled per provider (e.i. brand) and it would update all devices without interaction, what is new is that Home Assistant now has ZHA integration UI options to apply OTA firmware update (OTAU) per Zigbee device using the update integration as per this feature request:

Sonoff have only released firmware updates for their ZBMINI-L, ZBMINI-L2, and SNZB-06P:

https://zigbee-ota.sonoff.tech/releases/upgrade.json

This is one of the official OTA provider download sources that the ZHA users via the zigpy library, see:

https://github.com/zigpy/zigpy/blob/6aeb8a6816585a4bda67e9ea1b125568c18fa702/zigpy/ota/provider.py

1 Like

Doesn’t work, sensor.next_swatch_time updates its value only when HA starts.

Hi

Having this ewrror. HA is working fine but a message in supervisor appear.

Any information on it?

24-02-09 09:02:07 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.websocket] Connection is closed
24-02-09 09:02:07 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] Home Assistant WebSocket API error: Cannot proxy websocket message of unsupported type: 257

I would suggest to remove that 4th sentence, as that is already covered by the third option.
As your 4th option also doesn’t have the oil_heater parameter, it can’t map it to a climate entity.

Basically only one sentence is needed to cover all your 4 sentences:
"[set|change] {oil_heater} [temperature] to {temp_degrees} [degrees]"

Solved this problem of connection is closed ?. In my case rollback was no t executed, and I working fine in 2024.2 but I don´t know whichj warning is this

Same question

Do you have a second instance of evohome setup as custom component?

If yes did you update this also to latest 2024.2 version?

Thx @finity, found it.
It is a bit weird and difficult to find for a regular user tho. It is fine to have it there just in case of an updete but in my opinion this option should be available to set also at the proximity sensor creation time. Imagine creating multiple proximity sensors, we have to now go to every single one, find correct entity just to change unit of measurement, instead of setting it while creating a sensor :frowning:
Anyway, it is possible to change it so that’s a good start. Will see if it works later :wink:
Thx again

Also just noticed that even I am home, the direction of travel shows Arrived. Shouldn’t be Stationary or that’s ok when tracking the specific zone and stationary will be showing only when in one place but out of this zone, which kind of make sense?

Restarting HA worked like a charm and then the QR came. Luckily. Thanx for pointing me to that direction. The documentation doesn’t state it.

I think i have the same issue en kovlaca also. all my motion sensors lost there icons and the blinds and awning . It did not happen directly after the update ,but a day later or so.i go back to the 2024.1.6 version and all the icons are back

@Breekijzer @bkr1969

Maybe raise a issue then at custom card github thread? :wink:

Or check here

It’s not an issue. Clear the cache and refresh the page. You may need to manually clear the full cache to get it to work, a simple CTRL+F5 may not do the job.

1 Like

thanks , that worked for me.

@petro i know is not a issue for 99% of the time, my point was if they try to raise a issue they would see the issue already is raised. Being the one I shared the link of, what would had told them the same you also did.

Sometimes looking a little further not hurts :wink:

1 Like

No some hardly won’t, because some never use the search, they open multiple issues/topics here in the forum in the weeks after a new release, don’t even do a search in the Release blog, same way it looks in github, in various custom-repos, 3-4 bugs raized for same issue.

BTW , maybe it would be a good idea to “Pin” the release blog, in the top of Forum, for a week or 2 ( with a Commend … " Read commends or search for reported issues " )

1 Like