2024.2: More voice, more icons, more integrations, more... everything!

In my case it was a custom (HACS) integration that caused the issue. The Hikvision integration created odd unique IDs for the entities and this threw HA.

Removing that integration resolved the issue. I gather the Hikvision code has been updated to stop that and HA might have been updated to work around it.

I guess other custom components might have been doing the same thing.

You’re right, I removed this HACs package and the update succeeded. I’m guessing it’s not a numpy issue.

That one package shapely probably has some issues in the current version. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Thank you all!

1 Like

You can try it, it works for me without problems.

This update has totally killed my ability to view HA in iframes. Anyone else got this issue? I’ve had to revert to the previous version after two solid days of trying to rectify it. Can’t see anything in breaking changes about it. Any help?

Is it same?

1 Like

Yep, same issue. None of the suggestions there fix it.

EDIT: Yes, it did fix it, thanks.

You just need to name the iframe name=“ha-main-window” then it starts working again.

<iframe src="xxxx" name="ha-main-window" ></iframe>

Weird, but it fixed it for me.

2024.2.2 break ZHA… cannot connect to my Athom brigde… → rolledback to 2024.2.1

1 Like

Rather than debugging and helping others?

No i havent… still running 2024.1.3

I noticed there is an update for HLS:

But still no updated frontend in 2024.2.2 with this change… and i dont know if it will fix the issue but its really annoying :frowning:

lost on the purpose for this PR ‘fix’ in Fix cpu percentage in System Monitor by gjohansson-ST · Pull Request #110268 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Fix cpu temperature percentage in System Monitor.
A return of 0 is a false value so we should return None on such to declare unknown

As I had already installed latest dev install (to test the magical state_translated() template functionality), I had noticed that the former 0% now are replaced by unknowns…

The move from the former perfectly fine implementation for processor percentage before the move in 2023.11(which brought about the useless/faulty 0% and 100% extrema) brought us trouble, and now we have hidden trouble…

why dont we return to the original functionality of a reliable processor percentage instead of continuing on this flakey road

remains like this for an hour or so, and then keeps returning.

6 Likes

For those who use the Motion Blinds integration to control TDBU blinds (Top Down Bottom Up): the 2024.2.2 release breaks the integration, so you may want to wait untill that is fixed.

2024.2.2 Erratic reporting of System Monitor CPU use, instead of zeros the entity becomes unavailable

2024.2.1 System Monitor CPU would drop to zero

Export data from history dashboard, great new feature which highlights the problem further

1 Like

Drag and drop in Automations ist great, but does not seem to work on the android mobile app, only on desktop? Or am I missing something?
It would definitely be more helpful on the small screen for me…

Hello,

The same for me. After update CPu state became unknown

2 Likes

Someone can help me please?

From the 2024.2.1 i can’t update to 2024.2.2 without this problem;
[Error returned from Supervisor: System is not ready with state: setup]

Raspberry Pi3-64

Everyday I keep getting the following about the Tuya Integration and have to re-authenticate. Anyone else having this issue ?

Log details (WARNING)
Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:468
First occurred: February 16, 2024 at 10:00:06 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: February 16, 2024 at 10:00:06 PM

Config entry ‘[email protected]’ for tuya integration could not authenticate: Authentication failed. Please re-authenticate

Yep, you’re totally right, Tom! I’m even editing my previous post to clarify what you said, sorry for having being ambiguous.

I got surprised someone from Tuya’s end thought about getting a simpler way for HA to authenticate to their APIs, even though they do :poop: work with their APIs as I mentioned, and never ever got back to the Tuya integration tracker to check what the heck 20% of the HA users could be talking about.

Edit: looks like it wasn’t even direct work from the Tuya team - as someone else in the thread commented, instead they wrote a HACS integration for SmartLife which probably started with the new auth method; no clue why they didn’t integrate that directly on the main integration, and instead created a “rival” integration?? lololol

And to those that usually point at Tuya users as “it’s your fault for having chosen that”, it’s important to notice that many people don’t live in countries with diverse automation options as the USA or Europe. The choices here usually are to either “live” with whatever Chinese companies do with the Tuya chips and sell on AliExpress, or don’t automate a lot of stuff. Brazilian tech companies are, guess what, rebranded Tuya devices, and even then, they only sell very basic stuff like plugs, lights and cameras.

So, yeah, while I had an option to not buy Tuya, it’s not like there are other options to actually do what their devices are supposed to do. Not for me, not for many of the users stuck with Tuya.

2 Likes

Not that it bothers me a ton, but you might want to stop using the term “Master Bedroom” in your screenshots. Sort of a legacy term that can be offensive to some. Same with black/white list. Primary or Main Bedroom, block/allow list are the updated terms.

2 Likes