2024.2: More voice, more icons, more integrations, more... everything!

Hello,

There an issue with the 2024.2.3 and the roomba integration : Roomba integration HS after core update 2024.2.3 · Issue #111215 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Just wait and the team’ll push a new version.

After the latest update 2024.2.3
With the enigma2 integration have a problem. Can’t turn the device off. In the log I see this : Last logged: 07:56:32

[139817336193728] ‘OpenWebIfDevice’ object has no attribute ‘set_powerstate’
[139818198373184] ‘OpenWebIfDevice’ object has no attribute ‘set_powerstate’

2 Likes

I notice on every rescent HA update, multiple devices, zwaveJS2MQTT, Zigbee2MQTT, but also simple devices are not available after an upgrade. Only a full reboot of the system (VM running on ESXi) fixes this.
Previously after a HA reboot after an update/upgrade (not the full sytem) everything came online normallly, but now I think Supervisor times out (global timeout).
Every HA update fails, it’s always a full time job to keep a HA running.

After installing update 2024.2.4: I get the errors that 34 of my lovelace items are not loaded (mostly custom HACS frontend lovelace items), If I check the HA log I see the following error (global timeout on the supervisor) ;

That’s something with your setup. Are you using device by serial id for your hardware links?

Interesting that nobody mentioned that the Velux integration is currently failing to reboot the gateway on restart since 2024.2.0. This has been reported here.
Manually rebooting the gateway works in my case, so I just wanted to point this out here.

Then it has been mentioned, and in the right place.

took me 3 hours to upgrade venv - but that’s cos the system daemon watchdog kept restarting the process whilst it was trying to compile everything. I’ll run manually next time I do it.

Pirate Weather in HACS is looking pretty good now - a replacement for Dark Sky.

When does home assistant update also releases new frontend updates from frontend repo? Still isn’t merged into release?

Are you asking when the frontend gets updates?

Yeah u just noticed new update 2024.2.4 but just core… sometimes theres in release notes also “frontend updated”. But now last update was from first release 2024.2

Thanks! :pray: :+1:

Depends on the release. If the frontend has bugs, it may get updated in one of the patches.

1 Like

Ohh ok so there’s no like strategy for this.

I was wondering because having some issues with updated HLS.js package that was updated in frontend. But I’ll keep 2024.1 for now then
All cool :smile::+1:
Cheers

Same here.

My Fronius integration fails to setup since updating to 2024.2.3. Updating to 2024.2.4 didn’t fix the issue.

Logs? Crystal ball crashed.

3 Likes

Where can I found the logs for it? I have enabled debugging log for it, but don’t know where it is located.

It’s called home-assistant.log it is in the same directory as configuration.yaml. Configuration.yaml - Home Assistant

Thank you! This is what appears in the log:
2024-02-27 10:46:34.717 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.fronius] Finished fetching fronius_logger_192.168.50.218 data in 3.273 seconds (success: False)

Fronius is still working for me. Was fine the whole way through the 2024.2.x versions.

Can you ping 192.168.50.218?