2024.3: Drag 'n Drop it like it's hot! 🎉

Thanks @karwosts
Really looking forward to adding the new devices energy graph.

The outliers button is such a small but awesome improvement. I would say I have spent hours in total looking for the erroneous values. So good!

1 Like

I just updated to 2024.3.0 to play around with the new Sections view. I created a new dashboard, but Sections (experimental) is not listed in the View drop down. Is there something else I need to do to enable it?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Make sure you have cleared the browser cache.

2 Likes

Thank you! I could have sworn I did that, but apparently now. It’s showing up now.

1 Like

Noob question, am I supposed to overwrite the beta with the release?

Uneventful update for me.

I like the new script fields.

Alarmo fix has just been released.

Unfortunately no improvement in start up time for me, but it is not HA’s fault.

Untitled

So I ditched the Dahua integration as the dev no longer has time to work on it. A quick look at the core ONVIF integration seemed like it could do what I want. So I added that instead. Now the slowest integration is HA’s fault :slight_smile:

Untitled2

Still, it improved to under a minute now.

Kudos to the UI folks. This is an awesome and lovely QOL feature!

Just to ask quickly; I’m not sure if this is a bug, browser support, 3rd-party extension or documentation wording issue but on Firefox the circled pencil “handle” appears to be unclickable, the rest of the card is though! Anyone else finding that?

Regards,
K

1 Like

I just made the mistake of hitting update whilst at work… it’s now stuck in a boot loop with not enough time in between for me to gain access to the log. :man_facepalming:

EDIT: got a glimpse:
Supervisor log has this-
24-03-07 09:23:41 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.1:64475 ssl:default [Connect call failed ('172.30.32.1', 64475)]

Can you start in safe mode?

Do you have the 3rd party Start Time integration installed?

It is the only one that caused boot loops during the beta that I can remember.

Not at the moment, I’ve lost remote connection completely now.

No

Hi,
How are you connecting remotely? Nabu Casa? Cloudflare? Companion app?

Edit: fixed autocorrect. “Many Cases” ≠ “Nabu Casa”

Nabu Casa Cloud

Anyone else seeing an issue with the local todo list? Since the upgrade all my todo list items got removed and I’m getting the below error in the logs. If i try and recreate the items on the list they don’t get created when i click the add button. But if i open the file config.storage\local_todo.ha_actions.ics i see the items in there

Logger: homeassistant.components.todo
Source: helpers/entity_platform.py:350
integration: To-do list (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 09:25:06 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:25:06

Logger: homeassistant.components.todo
Source: helpers/entity_platform.py:350
integration: To-do list (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 09:25:06 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:25:06

Error while setting up local_todo platform for todo
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/ical/component.py", line 139, in __init__
    super().__init__(**data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/main.py", line 341, in __init__
    raise validation_error
pydantic.error_wrappers.ValidationError: 1 validation error for Todo
__root__
  Failed to validate: 20240307T083444, errors: (["Expected DATE-TIME TZID value '+08' to be valid timezone", "Expected value to match DATE pattern: '20240307T083444'"]) (type=value_error)

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 350, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(awaitable)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/local_todo/todo.py", line 71, in async_setup_entry
    calendar = IcsCalendarStream.calendar_from_ics(ics)
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/ical/calendar_stream.py", line 82, in calendar_from_ics
    stream = cls.from_ics(content)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/ical/calendar_stream.py", line 69, in from_ics
    return cls(**result)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/ical/component.py", line 139, in __init__
    super().__init__(**data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/main.py", line 339, in __init__
    values, fields_set, validation_error = validate_model(__pydantic_self__.__class__, data)
                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/main.py", line 1076, in validate_model
    v_, errors_ = field.validate(value, values, loc=field.alias, cls=cls_)
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/fields.py", line 895, in validate
    v, errors = self._validate_sequence_like(v, values, loc, cls)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/fields.py", line 928, in _validate_sequence_like
    r, ee = self._validate_singleton(v_, values, v_loc, cls)
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/fields.py", line 1094, in _validate_singleton
    value, error = field.validate(v, values, loc=loc, cls=cls)
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/fields.py", line 884, in validate
    v, errors = self._validate_singleton(v, values, loc, cls)
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/fields.py", line 1101, in _validate_singleton
    return self._apply_validators(v, values, loc, cls, self.validators)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/fields.py", line 1157, in _apply_validators
    v = validator(cls, v, values, self, self.model_config)
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/class_validators.py", line 337, in <lambda>
    return lambda cls, v, values, field, config: validator(v)
                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/main.py", line 711, in validate
    return cls(**value)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    super().__init__(**data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/main.py", line 339, in __init__
    values, fields_set, validation_error = validate_model(__pydantic_self__.__class__, data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/main.py", line 1076, in validate_model
    v_, errors_ = field.validate(value, values, loc=field.alias, cls=cls_)
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/fields.py", line 895, in validate
    v, errors = self._validate_sequence_like(v, values, loc, cls)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/fields.py", line 928, in _validate_sequence_like
    r, ee = self._validate_singleton(v_, values, v_loc, cls)
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/fields.py", line 1094, in _validate_singleton
    value, error = field.validate(v, values, loc=loc, cls=cls)
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/fields.py", line 884, in validate
    v, errors = self._validate_singleton(v, values, loc, cls)
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/fields.py", line 1101, in _validate_singleton
    return self._apply_validators(v, values, loc, cls, self.validators)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/fields.py", line 1157, in _apply_validators
    v = validator(cls, v, values, self, self.model_config)
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/class_validators.py", line 337, in <lambda>
    return lambda cls, v, values, field, config: validator(v)
                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic/main.py", line 711, in validate
    return cls(**value)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/ical/todo.py", line 203, in __init__
    super().__init__(**data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/ical/component.py", line 141, in __init__
    raise CalendarParseError(f"Failed to parse component: {err}") from err
ical.exceptions.CalendarParseError: Failed to parse component: 1 validation error for Todo
__root__
  Failed to validate: 20240307T083444, errors: (["Expected DATE-TIME TZID value '+08' to be valid timezone", "Expected value to match DATE pattern: '20240307T083444'"]) (type=value_error)

Anyone else seeing the Unifi Protect integration fail after upgrading to 2024.3.0? Was working flawlessly prior to the upgrade.

@sparkydave. Ouch. I don’t use that yet :-(. If you get any connectivity at all though, reboot the host from the Hardware section of the Settings. I had a minor issue upon installation where add-ons didn’t stop running and the core tried to start duplicates when it restarted. That often causes ingress tokens to be out of sync. A full reboot should clear that.

I’ve currently killed power to it completely using a smart plug I have linked to Google for use in these situations. I’ll give a while then start up again. (my housemate is probably wondering why all the Google Homes would have been announcing “Assistant Relay Initiated” over and over every time the add-on started at boot)

@sparkydave - Fingers crossed for you :slight_smile:

It’s not looking good… it’s been powered back up for a while now, no remote connection.

Nabu:

Looks like I’ll have work to do when I get home tonight…

Same here.