2024.3: Drag 'n Drop it like it's hot! 🎉

Same behavior in Firefox for me. It works in Chrome, but we all know Firefox is better :slight_smile:

3 Likes

One of my 4 todo lists has done this as well.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean. Can you provide more info?

I updated to 2024.3 and created a new tab on my dashboard using the beta. Now nothing syncs to my mobile app in iOS regardless of how much time has passed. Is it recommended to delete the beta tab for now?

Quick update. I deleted the new Experimental view and HA now syncs again with the app. The issue I was having is NOTHING in HA was syncing while this view was active.

Custom number box elemens doesn’t work anymore and min-max is finally removed now

Works in my setup. Suggest to create an issue in a corr. repo if this cannot be fixed by reinstalling the card/purging cache/HA reboot/buying a new pc/etc.

Not sure what you mean by this either:

I meant that the Min/Max integration has been moved to groups. and in this release finally removed without mentioning in the release notes.

My other issue seems because my HACS is version 1.34 and would’nt update.

Unclear, see a screenshot above; how a helper could be “moved to groups”?

1 Like

I assume you are mixing things up. You are using sensor groups (Group - Home Assistant) which is not the same as a min/max sensor

Dear lovely community, i’m running home-assistant on the truecharts app and i’m currently on: Core: 2024.3.0 Frontend: 20240306.0 is there a reason why the buttons in the header don’t show status on with colors? apparently they’re still working but they don’t change yellow when i press them. can somebody tell me what’s going on? Couldn’t find anything on google (or maybe bad prompt?) related to that issue. i tested it on another card and the only thing that happens is that the automation icon gets “crossed out” but no color change.

You need state_color: true aligned with entities:

1 Like

To see yellow colors, you need to specify “state_color: true”, but for buttons it was broken in 2024.3. See a registered issue.

1 Like

just as always: buggy as hell.
for me, there is no new drag-and-drop :slight_smile:
is there a special g-point i have to trigger HomeAssistant with to activate drag-and-drop? or should i just wait, as always, for you guys to fix the bugs? :slight_smile:

You can just read the release docs and see where drag&drop is and how to activate it.

2 Likes

there is nothing writting on section “Drag-and-drop rearrangement of cards and sections!” on how to activate it.

for Sections (experimental) there is a small hint how to activate. does it also includes drag and drop? who knows

seems to be pretty hard to write such small blog post correctly.

This is just brilliant. Keep on, but better in some other place.

9 Likes

yep. it’s just like that.

there is nothing writting on “drag and drop”, but the actual hint on how to activate it, is in the section before that " A new experimental sections view" , which makes nothing to zero sense.

to HA team: many people don’t have the time to read every single line in your blogs, nor do we want to fiddle around to see where stuff is hiding.

it’s experimental, okay
 but why not have this in beta then? usually this is how experimental features are supposed to be rolled out.
in stable, i would expect 
 well 
 stable features? not “experimental” things hiding in the closet and people wondering where it is.
but maybe i’m old fashioned

Have you read through A Home-Approved Dashboard chapter 1: Drag-and-drop, Sections view, and a new grid system design! that seems to explain everything.

edited to correct link