2024.3: Drag 'n Drop it like it's hot! 🎉

Heaps is errors in the Python libraries. Seems a few integrations are broken. Had to roll back

Not sure why your are replying to me?

I have no python errors.

Hi @fuzzysb, is your energy dashboard a custom made implementation or there is a way to add current status to the one provided by HA?

It is already dimplemented, but selectable only if you specificly choose to use this card in custom dashboard:

type: energy-devices-detail-graph
max_devices: 15
1 Like

Another person who rolls back without posting logs or trying to fix anything.

Yep.
That is why I said ‘are looking’.
To bring it to the Energy dashboard.

I’ve noticed how this dashboard shows both daily and hourly forecast. Is it achievable with openweather integration, by any chance?

EDIT: figured it out - need to add an entity under the intergration and change one digit in coordinates. It doesn’t let create an entity for the same location.

Unlikely, as the openweather integration been “unmaintained” for years

Yep, I added things to my to-do list and according to the entity history it went unavailable about 30 minutes later.

When I am getting charged 0.15 per kW of solar exported when exporting at 10KW getting the logs is not at the top of the list, but here it is

Looks like modbus entites must be configured now but there is an issue with pymodbus where configuring some sensors causes start up issues with HA.

took 10 minutes to start up with the following sensor (now commented out to fix the startup issue)

modbus:
  - type: tcp
    host: 192.168.1.143
    port: 502
    name: "MBFronius_Primo"
    timeout: 14

- type: tcp
    host: 192.168.1.231
    port: 502
    name: "MBFronius_Gen24"
    timeout: 14
#    sensors:
#      - name: "Primo_WMaxLimPct_Primo"
#        address: 40232
#        scan_interval: 15
#        unit_of_measurement: "%"

logs from modbus

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.aaa_primo_modbus_test_10
Source: components/automation/__init__.py:666
integration: Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:44:35 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:44:35 PM
While executing automation automation.aaa_primo_modbus_test_10Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/__init__.py", line 666, in async_trigger
    return await self.action_script.async_run(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 1600, in async_run
    return await asyncio.shield(run.async_run())
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 435, in async_run
    await self._async_step(log_exceptions=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 487, in _async_step
    self._handle_exception(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 512, in _handle_exception
    raise exception
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 485, in _async_step
    await getattr(self, handler)()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 723, in _async_call_service_step
    response_data = await self._async_run_long_action(
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 685, in _async_run_long_action
    return long_task.result()
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2319, in async_call
    response_data = await coro
                    ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2356, in _execute_service
    return await target(service_call)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/modbus/modbus.py", line 184, in async_write_register
    await hub.async_pb_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/modbus/modbus.py", line 485, in async_pb_call
    result = await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/modbus/modbus.py", line 448, in pb_call
    result: ModbusResponse = entry.func(address, value, **kwargs)
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pymodbus/client/mixin.py", line 150, in write_register
    return self.execute(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pymodbus/client/base.py", line 407, in execute
    if not self.connect():
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pymodbus/client/tcp.py", line 166, in connect
    self.socket = socket.create_connection(
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/socket.py", line 834, in create_connection
    sock.settimeout(timeout)
ValueError: Timeout value out of range

I think you need to define at least one sensor on each modbus connection you create.

No issues with modbus for me, I’m running 2024.2.5.

@lcavalli: I also searched how to setup :wink: look in Hacs for: Power Flow Card Plus

I have this card and use it, but the screenshot seems a perfect replica of the HA energy dashboard, plus Power Flow Plus card. Is it possible to add custom cards to the Energy dashboard of HA?

I reverted to 2024.2.2 when 2024.2.3 broke my roomba’s, updated to 2024.3 now and both seem to work fine.

This may be one of the longest gaps for a xxx.x.1 update

No it is currently not possible

Has anybody else experienced loosing settings for updated Units? I have utility meter which has an input in Wh, and I set recently the utility meter to use kWh. After this release it is back again to Wh and I cannot change it through the settings to kWh anymore.
Any similar experience with Unit conversions?

Update:
Or maybe it is down to updates on the value of the entity? Anyhow, when starting HA the unit is back to Wh and not kWh as it was set before.

Anybody? No? Dust…

Is anyone else experiencing sync issues between HA and the mobile app? Ever since the update, any changes I make on the desktop have not transferred over to the app. This has been the case for dashboard changes, automations, devices, etc.

Note: I’m not sure if this was happening pre or post me making an experimental dashboard, which only shows on my desktop.

Should be tested with stock cards, w/o lovelace_gen, browser_mod etc.

if you’re talking iOS app, are you using the beta?
because it does suffer from some sync issues, and people have reported having t wait 10-15 secs for it to become responsive on returning/opening the app
there is an issue in the repo, and a separate thread in the IOS discord channel