2024.3: Drag 'n Drop it like it's hot! 🎉

Great work as usual, thanks! Esp looking forward to script fields in the UI.

1 Like

Feeding context.user_id into a script to resolve the user name works. Thanks!

1 Like

This update caused the Eufy integration to fail. That happens almost every other update. No idea what’s causing it. I get “KeyError: ‘access_token’”

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 333, in _async_setup_component
result = await task
^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 58, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/eufy/init.py”, line 61, in setup
data = lakeside.get_devices(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/lakeside/init.py”, line 39, in get_devices
token = r.json()[‘access_token’]
~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
KeyError: ‘access_token’

Have you been able to get this resolved? I don’t want to update to HA2024.3.0 until I know (or at least have a reasonable expectation that) it won’t break things.

Wow, do I love this! Dived in and updated immediately, as usual. No problems at all, also as usual. First noticed the now remarkably faster startup time. Normally my instance has spent a few minutes booting, but now it is up and running in just about one minute. Next, the new energy graph for devices. Really a missing feature on my side, and now we’ve got it. Wonderful! Now I just can’t wait to start fiddling with the new dashboard setup and experiment with sections and drag’n’drop. Thanks a lot this time too!

How did you get to this windows. I’m curious how much time my integrations take for startup! :slight_smile:

really love the extended energy dashboard!
What would be even better if you could see a bar with the full consumption. To see easily how much of consumption is untracked.
For example:
Socket1 has an energy meter (SO1).
The house has a smart meter (SM1). So SM1 - S01 = “not tracked consumption”

Settings > System > Repairs…overflow menu and Integration Startup Time

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue with SNMP, it seems like it’ll sometimes connect once after a reboot but not after that.

1 Like

I have a power sensor that sums all my power monitored devices, monitored consumption, and another sensor, unmonitored consumption (total house power - monitored consumption).

I used an integration helper and utility meter on that sensor and added unmonitored consumption to individual devices in the energy dashboard.

Works ok, the total power sensor is a bit up and down as the various devices update at different times

I would add to the modification of the sections title, that it should somehow also use translation options… not sure, how this could be done, but since you have now templates with state_translated(), it would be really cool to have a translation method for the title, too… :thinking:

what do you mean? Isnt that tile always just a string you enter yourself? Nothing to translate there is there?

I don’t believe that is a bug, what you’re seeing is a caching issue. After you change the entity_id, some pages require you to refresh the page. You can see this when you make changes to entity_id’s in the device tab as well.

If you’re on the more info page, there’s a very good chance that you have to back out of that page, refresh, find the new entity and go into it’s more info page.

that’s right… it is just a string… and that’s the “problem”…
Language is a user-setting - and now, we can translate state’s into the users language in templates.

But the section title is static, and would not respond to any language setting for the user.

I know, that this isn’t easy to solve, because the string won’t be available in any language file of HomeAssistant…

but I am pretty sure, that there are ways how something like this could be done…

You should probably ask Thomasloven. I’m pretty sure you can card-mod views. So this would be added at the view level using a selector from there.

Has anyone found a way or knows how to change cards width? Layout card modification is not working with new dashboard “sections”

On my primary dashboard i use Mansory with Layout modification:

You missed the point.

It just a string - so you write whatever language you want there.

1 Like

yes, we can use

card-mod-view: &cam_background
     |
        horizontal-layout {
          {% if is_state('input_boolean.weer_view_background','on') %}
            background: repeat url({{state_attr('camera.buienradar','entity_picture')}});
          {% endif %}
        }

card-mod-subview: *cam_background

and ofc I have been (unsuccessfully thusfar) trying to find some syntax using that on the new view type.
Thomas, if you read this, got a hint for us? or at least an answer to whether this should be doable?

hope to reach either a theme-mod like

card-mod-view: |
    hui-sections-view .title { #findthe$correct$Domwalk .here
      color: red;
    }

or a mod on the individual sections directly smthg like:

- type: grid
      title: Eetkamer
      card_mod:
        style: |
          .title {  #findthe$correct$Domwalk .here > too
            color: red;
          }

did I ?

use-case:
Admin creates a Dashboard for a multi-lingual user-base.
Every User has his native language set in his profile.

The Dashboards includes several entities and templates, everything will be translated based on the user-setting.
Except the static text → section titles…

a possible solution could be - for example - a customized translation file.
Then, you would still need to maintain this file, but you could then use the translation file to create a dashboard, which is completely translated to the specific user-profile.

And yes, I would have a multi-language use case - where I could use such a translated section title… :thinking: :man_shrugging:

or is there any other solution / workaround for such a case?

1 Like

this would be just like any other card everywhere in HA.
dont use a title (should be a new option for that), and use a custom card (button-card stands out) and give that a template to display atop of the section.

use those allover, and, given they use javascript can be very useful in showing browser related details.
browser_mod might come in handy as that provides several useful templating options in Jinja, so maybe use a small markdown card in that case

here’s a grid as example using button-card templates:

btw, in next release we can have unnamed sections:

and (in yaml) include those buttons easy-peasy

- title: Sections
  type: sections
  icon: mdi:vector-intersection
  sections:

cards:
        - !include /config/dashboard/buttons/buttons_verlichting_binnen.yaml

title: Samenvatting