2024.4: Organize all the things!

Yep, sorry, had that backwards.

2 Likes

Thanks for checking this. Hmm, this is not good for my pinky perfect world…

Anybody know how to use this new lock feature?
Cant get it to work with tile or button card. It always unlatches immediately without asking again…

" Lock behavior improvements

Some smart locks have an open (or unlatching) mechanism that can be triggered remotely. The door either pops out of the lock or can be opened by pushing against the door.

We want to ensure you don’t accidentally open the door when you miss-clicked the button (for example, while not at home :grimacing:). Therefore, we have improved the behavior of locks in our user interface by requiring you to confirm the action."

Would love to see filter by state in Automations.

And a way of keeping your filters active after navigating away from that page.

I love all of the improvements in this release! I have two questions I was hoping someone might be able to help with:

1. Is there an easy way to get all entities on a floor using a template? There doesn’t seem to be a function for floor_entities (unlike areas), so I’m assuming the only option is to loop through each area on the floor?
  2. Is there an easy way to get all entities from any device with a specific label using a template? Again, from what I can tell there isn’t an easy way to do this and the only option is to retrieve the list of devices for each label and then find the entities for each device.

Ultimately, what I’m hoping to do is retrieve a list of entities of type media_player that are located in an area with a specific label (e.g. “Bedrooms”). The areas are labeled with “Bedrooms” and the devices each media_player is associated with are placed in the correct areas. If it’s possible to further filter the final list of entities by a specific label (like “Sonos”) that would be ideal as well.

1 Like

UI changes are amazing, thank you.

Would love to be able to filter by enabled/disabled automations as I have soo many disabled automations cluttering things up.

Does the webpage dashboard support self-signed/invalid certificates?

A lot of integrations have been removed from default_config and added to the core bootstrap. So they are always loaded, even if you don’t include default_config
Examples are the input_* integrations, they are no longer in default_config but they are always loaded for everyone.

1 Like

Soon :tm:

Current way:

{% set ns = namespace(floors=[]) %}
{% for floor in floors() %}
  {% set ns2 = namespace(areas=[]) %}
  {% for area in floor_areas(floor) %}
    {% set ns2.areas = ns2.areas + [area_entities(area)] %}
  {% endfor %}
  {% set ns.floors = ns.floors + [(floor, ns2.areas | sum(start=[]))] %}
{% endfor %}
{{ dict.from_keys(ns.floors) }}

I don’t believe there is a PR for this yet.

Also Soon :tm:

There are ways to do it, but the templates aren’t easy at the moment. These both are things that were found in beta but did not make the release cut.

EDIT: This made the cut.

{{ labels("light.christmas_tree") }}  # ['christmas_decorations']
4 Likes

Same here. I don’t see the functionality taking effect.

Right now it’s only for the more-info dialog. There is a PR open for a Tile card feature.

1 Like

Same here, all homematic (wand-)thermostats are missing

Logger: homeassistant.components.climate
Quelle: helpers/entity_platform.py:787
Integration: Klima ([Dokumentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/climate), [Probleme](https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+climate%22))
Erstmals aufgetreten: 18:29:37 (13 Vorkommnisse)
Zuletzt protokolliert: 18:29:37

Error adding entity None for domain climate with platform homematic

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 787, in _async_add_entity capabilities=entity.capability_attributes, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 328, in __getattribute__ return super().__getattribute__(__name) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 501, in capability_attributes data[ATTR_PRESET_MODES] = self.preset_modes ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 328, in __getattribute__ return super().__getattribute__(__name) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homematic/climate.py", line 116, in preset_modes return [HM_PRESET_MAP[mode] for mode in self._hmdevice.ACTIONNODE] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^ KeyError: 'AUTO_MODE'

Switched back core to 2024.3.3 and homematic works fine.

Actually you don’t see it, which is a shame.
Let me say it would be a nice and much appreciated improvement to be able to check/read the set value. I’ll post that improvement request soon.

In order to set it you have to go to the integrations screen, and click ADD ENTRY:

Write down the path there, relative to your config dir.
That’s it.

If you try to add another dir, it will complain:

The problem is, as mentioned at the top, after setting it there is nothing in this screen showing what you have set, and that’s a big bummer!

1 Like

Has this scrollbar always been there?

Either it’s new or the width of the menu has been narrower because I can’t remember it being cut off like that.

I had hopes on this release would finally fix the sorting issue in Automations, but sadly no…

Looks correct to me, what’s the problem? N → O → P

Except that it’s not an O, it’s Ö. The last letter in the alphabet.

Make an issue then. Not really the place to bring that up.

correct.
However, if you check the documentation of many integrations that have been moved, there is still this:

To be able to add Helpers via the user interface you should have default_config: in your configuration.yaml , it should already be there by default unless you removed it. If you removed default_config: from your configuration, you must add input_button: to your configuration.yaml first, then you can use the UI.

or

If you removed default_config: from your configuration, you must add input_boolean: to your configuration.yaml first, then you can use the UI.

at least suggesting those integrations have to do with default_config

or see

This integration is by default enabled, unless you’ve disabled or removed the default_config: line from your configuration. If that is the case, the following example shows you how to enable this integration manually:

# Example configuration.yaml entry
system_health:

there are several more that still have that link to default_config in the documentation, while in fact that is no longer the case and they are in bootstrap default_integrations

I am having exactly the same issue and trying a roll-back now