2024.4: Organize all the things!

I am definitely not seeing database storage for the labels - just JSON in the .storage folder in these files

Would love to see them in dev tools though - still the only place I can see a full attribute dump (easily)

You canā€™t have comments but its possible to set an alias for each step in the UI. This is also the message that is shown in the Trace Timeline making it easy debug the automation.

I most totally agree with this - if the real estate exists I would like to see it used.

Iā€™d be more than happy to see each row in this interface to consist of 2 lines
One for the basic data
One full-width for the labels :slight_smile:

The layout is kind of dictated by the fact that itā€™s tabular (which is not strictly necessary since the much of the column based functionality bas moved to the sorting dropdown component)

I have to say, the layout improves as I narrow the screen width

In neither case do I really want the +1 (or in many cases for meā€¦ +4)

That tree is not there yet as far as I can see

I took the long road and assigned Area manually, one-by-one to about 300 (of 2500) entities that had not yet been assigned one

I donā€™t want to ā€œmigrateā€ anything. I have thousands of scripts, automations, helpers, user defined sensors, etc. Itā€™s way to much to migrate. And I want to see everything associated with each package together on the screen together in the UI. I want to be able to access my packages in the UI and have it sorted by package. i.e. a Tab next to the Automations Tab that says Packages. and when you click on it, it list all your packages, and when you click on the Packageā€¦(Boom) thereā€™s all the things assocaited with that package. Whatā€™s more, when I create a new package in the UI, Iā€™d like HA to generate a new yaml file for that package in my packages folder, so I can edit either my the UI or in yaml as I deem easiest.

2 Likes

Did you find out what caused this? I have exactly the same issue.

Yeah I get it. Thatā€™s the kind of thing I had hoped would happen too but it definitely wonā€™t unfortunately. The UI created items are not saved as YAML so that horse has long bolted.

1 Like

So I upgraded it and now my iframe panels are like this:

Did I upgrade before such strategy has been formed?

iFrames have been replaced. Iā€™m guessing the automatic migration didnā€™t work properly, or you need to refresh the browser cache.

The automatic migration probably didnā€™t work. Just get rid of map: in your config and create a new map dashboard.

Certainly no cache:

see above. iframes have been replaced.

Yes, I see the new UI in the entity details dialogue. But I want to directly place this new dialogue (including the double tap for open) directly in the dashboard. Is this possible?

Well, but these were ā€œimportedā€ somehow. I also looked at creating from scratch via UI and then, URL is ā€œwrongā€. Neither works and not listed as backward incompatible change.

It isnā€™t a backward incompatible change as itā€™s essentially a re-name of the old function and now setup via the UI. Sure you have everything correct when trying to add via the new setup?

Well this is now a different issue, and likely the cause of it not being migrated. Looks like a bug.

What I showed is what I see when I edit what has been imported. It says iframe. When I add, the URL canā€™t contain anything.

Using that exact URL I was able to add the website dashboard although I get a blank white page, basically nothing loads.

EDIT: you need to update your URL. If I put that same URL in a browser it redirects to: Charge HQ.

Putting that in a webpage dashboard works perfectly.

1. This is as good as I can get for #1
{%- macro floor_entities(floor_id_or_name) -%}
  {%- set ns = namespace(entities=[]) -%}
  {%- set ns.areas = floor_areas(floor_id_or_name) -%}
  {%- for a in ns.areas -%}
  {%- set ns.entities = ns.entities+[area_entities(a)] -%}
  {%- endfor -%}
  {{ ns.entities }}
{%- endmacro -%}

{{ floor_entities('main') }}
  1. This is as good as I can get for #2
{%- macro entities_from_device_label(label_id_or_name) -%}
  {%- set ns = namespace(entities=[]) -%}
  {%- set ns.devices = label_devices(label_id_or_name) -%}
  {%- for d in ns.devices -%}
    {%- set ns.entities = ns.entities + device_entities(d) -%}
  {%- endfor -%}
  {{ states|selectattr('entity_id', 'in', ns.entities)|map(attribute='entity_id')|list }}
{%- endmacro -%}

{{ entities_from_device_label('main') }}

2 Likes