2024.4: Organize all the things!

Haven’t actually tried it yet, but big kudos to the dev team for adding labels not just in addition to, but even at the same time as floors. And so much more stuff too! I will need some time to explore all the possibilities.

1 Like

It’s per user, per device.

Try enabling debug logs for homeassistant.bootstrap as it may catch the culprit that is delaying startup

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    homeassistant.bootstrap: debug
    homeassistant.setup: debug
    homeassistant.loader: debug
    homeassistant.config_entries: debug

I was not enough fast, after a restart it looks thing went better, even if I had Bluetooth related errors.

2024-04-04 01:47:36.346 WARNING (MainThread) [bluetooth_auto_recovery.recover] Could not reset the power state of the Bluetooth adapter hci0 [00:1A:7D:DA:71:15] due to timeout after 5 seconds
2024-04-04 01:47:36.350 WARNING (MainThread) [bluetooth_auto_recovery.recover] Could not cycle the Bluetooth adapter hci0 [00:1A:7D:DA:71:15]: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted
2024-04-04 01:47:36.352 WARNING (MainThread) [bluetooth_auto_recovery.recover] Bluetooth management socket connection lost: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
2024-04-04 01:47:41.351 WARNING (MainThread) [bluetooth_auto_recovery.recover] Bluetooth adapter hci0 [00:1A:7D:DA:71:15] could not be reset: 
2024-04-04 01:47:41.357 WARNING (MainThread) [bluetooth_auto_recovery.recover] Closing Bluetooth adapter hci0 [00:1A:7D:DA:71:15] failed: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor
2024-04-04 01:49:27.251 WARNING (MainThread) [switchbot.devices.device] None (C0:5A:8A:D2:ED:CF): Error disconnecting: [org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply] Remote peer disconnected; RSSI: -47
2024-04-04 01:51:31.301 ERROR (MainThread) [habluetooth.scanner] hci0 (00:1A:7D:DA:71:15): Error stopping scanner: [org.bluez.Error.DoesNotExist] Does Not Exist

I restarted bluetooth.service then reloaded the Bluetooth integration and no other error until now.
I did not have these errors before when starting Home Assistant.

For the information, I use passive scan.
Until now some thermometers have no battery information available.

EDIT: IIRC battery often takes some time to be displayed correctly, except that it looks to be OK until now.
First start after update has been a little bit chaotic but second start looks OK.

Labels are just that? Go to your entities tab and filter by label.

So putting this into the template dev tool now spits this same error… it worked before 2024.4. Is this a bug or a problem with my template?

Although tables were reworked - sorting is still questionable: after the 2nd tapping on a header a sorting order becomes weird. This is an old issue.

What’s the state of that switch at the time of the check. If it’s unavailable I think it’s going to blow up. Because you’re trying to divide unavailable by 2…

Hmm. Now I’m confused… Yes, that switch was for some reason ‘off’, but even when I turn it ‘on’, it doesn’t have a brightness_pct attribute. The brightness I’m supposed to be dividing by 2 is that of the light entity.

So it should be a simple fix but I’m confused as to how it could have ever worked.

In theory it should actually be this:

service: light.turn_on
data:
  entity_id: light.kitchen_light_level
  brightness_pct: >-
    {{ state_attr('light.kitchen_light_level', 'brightness') / 2 |
    int(100) }}

So I’ll change it and see how it goes…but how did it EVER work?

1 Like

Another good addition for me is the new settings for Home Assistant Cloud voice which now provide more voice also for tts.cloud_say, we have more possible voice same as Assist, not only male and female.
Thanks!

1 Like

Isn’t the disable toggle on the Automations page too accessible now, making it risky to disable automations accidentally?

3 Likes

Tell me you’re in the northern hemisphere without telling me you’re in the northern hemisphere

Who are you replying to? I’m in the southern hemisphere…

1 Like

no one specifically – the blog post is about spring cleaning, but its autumn
i thought it was just posting, but its been a long morning.

3 Likes

I’m on the Ecuator.

Yeah fair point. We seem to get a lot of that on here.

“Equinoctial clean” doesn’t have the same ring to it. I only know that word because last week I was looking for a word to describe my Spring and Autumn blinds schedule.

8 Likes

No! I’m so glad they brought this back. It was very annoying when they removed the toggles.

I would say - “labels” are misplaced here since they may not be related to “locations”:

Discussion

At least this note about locations should be edited.

1 Like

I would love to see Bayesian make the cut as a UI candidate - live preview would really help tweak :slight_smile:

1 Like