2024.5: Just a little bit smaller

My Shelly devices starting to disconnect after last update, anyone having the same problem?

2 Likes

My 2 shelly EMs are working fine over here. No disconnects that I see.

Updated from 2024.4.3 to 2024.5.1 - zero problems this time. Previously had to restore from backup as Zigbee went rampage.

Well done!

@jbouwh Thanks for fixing the mqtt discovery cooldown issue. I noticed the problem for some time, mostly groups not showing up and button events not working. Thought it had something so do with my setup (proxmox). Never thought it was a bug.

I have 4 shelly devices, 3 of them working ok but my shelly EM is unavailable.

Updated from 2024.4.3 to 2024.5.1. Devices shared through HomeKit Bridge are unresponsive in Home app. Restartet Home Assistant, Restarted System. (Home Assistant Green)
I can create a new bridge instance and add to Home. Recognizes shared devices and immediately become unresponsive

Multiple times since Wednesday last week. No success yet :cry:
I’m now updating to 2024.5.1, maybe better luck 

EDIT: It is working now. :smiley:

Successfully gone from 2024.4.3 to 2024.5.1 - ZHA fine for me.
Thanks to the team.

Upgraded as the .1 was out and I see no problems - great job. Local Tuya warnings though so I’ll need to resolve that but looks like there’s a more active fork here GitHub - xZetsubou/hass-localtuya: đŸ”č A Home Assistant integration to handle Tuya devices locally "fork from localtuya"

I have all of one device on this so a bit of a pain to migrate lol

All nice.
Maybe next time add start values for bulbs. I z2m is it already possible.
Philips hue bridge already has it. But home assistant doesn’t.
I mean, set brightness, color for a bulb. And when the bulb is turned on, without any parameters, it uses those values. Can’t be hard to program.
Now, I have a script, when a bulb changed to ‘on’, a the bulb is turned on again, with brightness and color I have in a configuration file.

after upgrade to 2024.5 and 2024.5.1 the restart time is very very slow, 3-4 minutes and If I rollback to 2024.4.4 the restart speed is very good, 20 seconds.

what is changed? it’a know problem?

Does your log report any slow integrations? Check it.

You can do that already, it’s covered in the docs

1 Like

So, what service can set the startup values for brightness and color?
During the day I want set them during the day to other values. Is not possible.

this documentation covers it

That’s a CSV, where you can put values in. It’s hard coded.
No way to change it by script. Isn’t it?
It would be better that bulb entities have to startup values as attributes , so they can be changed dynamically

what you’re describing is a normal service call. You original asked for light settings without needing to provide them, and light profiles do that. Now you’ve moved the bar and asked for dynamic versions of that.

2 Likes

Hey there, my HA does not start anymore. I noticed there is huge memory usage on my Synology VM. Problem is I can’t backup via UI if it is not starting. Can I install the hotfix (I guess 2024.5.1 fixes it) after it runs into OOM ?

Dreame Vacuum integration?

I got dreame vacuum and Huawei solar (that I read on the fly when checking this thread)

ha os update

Does not work, says its blocked.