2024.6: Dipping our toes in the world of AI using LLMs šŸ¤–

That looks like a scan interval timedelta object was imported into config flow data, and since timedelta objects cannot be serialized to JSON its failing to save the config entry.

Please open an issue (if there isnā€™t one already) for whichever integration is importing that, and point to my comment above, as it should help track down the source of the issue.

Ai , so much talk about ai. But what do you DO with it?

Thanks, Nick!

The link to the issue have been posted a few posts up. Iā€™ll tag you directly on the GitHub issue now.

1 Like

Check the demos shown in the Home Assistent 2024.6 Release Party video on YouTube:

Can you turn on a light pleaseā€¦
How far is ā€¦

Still not convinced. Looking for a ā€˜killer use caseā€™

Was there a breaking change to Google Cast or mDNS in this release? All of my Google Cast devices went unavailableā€¦ I was able to get them all back with adding the IP list string in the UI but they had all been working fine till this update for many releases.

Amazing update!

Has anyone tried it with GPT3.5-Turbo?

I have tested OpenAI Conversation with gpt-4o and it works perfectly! The only thing is that each interaction usually costs approximately 0.10 euros.
When trying with gpt-3.5-turbo (approximately 0.1 euros/interaction) it does not work so well for me. If I ask him ā€œHow is the kitchen light?ā€, he turns it on and tells me that it is on (I just wanted to know the status!)
I speak to him in Spanish.
I have not been able to test it with the Google API because it is not available here in Spain.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Dani,

same Probleme here. GTP-3.5 Turbo donā€™t work very well. GPT 4o is much better.

Brilliant, just what I was looking for!

could this be related: Group state of device_tracker is 'on/off' and not 'home/away' after restart HA Ā· Issue #119411 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub

not sure if this is confirmed already, but given your description for groups with states on/off instead of home/not_home, please have a look?

My ESP32Box was previously using the HA Voice / Whisper etc and I tried swapping it to Google Generative AI. It no longer wants to add items to my shopping list which working fine before.

Anyone else have this issue?

Came here to mention this since I am waiting for local LLM support in HA. I have a local LLM running on another system in my lab but it isnā€™t tuned for using tools, either.

Very excited with the possibility of a local LLM in HA that can act against automations, devices, etc. Iā€™m curious if itā€™ll require a GPU, a Coral TPU, or some other specialized hardware.

2 Likes

I wish somebody would fix this issue from 2024.4 with the Tuya Integration. Iā€™d love to see the new features of 2024.5 & 2024.6.

The paid version is available in Spain האזו×Øים שבהם אפש×Ø ×œ×”×©×Ŗמש ב-Google AI Studio וב-Gemini API  |  Google AI for Developers  |  Google for Developers

This update Home Assistant Core 2024.5.3 breakes my HomeAssistant. I wait until new updates come. Today I installed 2024.6.2. Luckily, I made a backup before doing itā€¦ and then I used it.
I donā€™t know why it happens. I install it and then it doesnā€™t respond anymore. I had to shut off power electricity and start it again. It seems it load OK, but I know (same behavior than last time I installed it) it seems OK, but things donā€™t update correctly, lost of connections, the system frozes up, te Lovelace interface is very slowā€¦

ĀæAm I the only one experiencing it?

Have you checked your logs?

What third party integrations and frontend cards are you using? Have you checked those for issues?

Thereā€™s a multitude of possibilities without knowing more about your setup.

I reverted back to 2024.5.x.

So my dashboard wasnā€™t loading on a particular PC (opera browser running in a VM Ware instance) - the one I mostly use for HA and I thought initially it was a problem there. The dashboard would basically freeze and not update and reloading the page would just make it go blank and it would load forever with no changes. Weird. Not seen this before.

Reverting (was 2024.6.1) instantly cured the problem. So, weird. I do have reolink cams and this seems to have had a fix in .3 and also my local tuya integration has loads of deprecated warnings. I therefore switched to a new (maintained fork as the original has started to rot (GitHub - xZetsubou/hass-localtuya: šŸ”¹ A Home Assistant integration to handle Tuya devices locally "fork from localtuya") and made sure everything was stable for 24 hours on 2024.5.x. It was.

Today Iā€™ve snapshotted the system (proxmox) and just installed 2024.6.3 to see what happensā€¦

As people say - look at the logs for clues - Iā€™ve a ton of HACs stuff etc but always watch the logs to see whatā€™s generating complaints. With the best will in the world HA is a complex system and we all customise things which can cause problems (or there are just plain bugs in new releases) so keep a good backup system in place. For me thatā€™s HAā€™s backups, google cloud and proxmox backups/snapshots so I never have any big downtime.

Iā€™ll give .3 a day to establish if itā€™s now working.

So far so good.

1 Like

About entities filtering, is this a bug: when I select some integration and view its entities they are filtered and shown. But after that when I select Entities from the top menubar in order to view all available entities, integrationā€™s entities filter is still active. Shouldnā€™t it be removed?

Stop being reasonable!

I had to stop sharpening my pitchfork.

:smiley: