2024.7: Time to resize your cards!

I’m stupid. Somehow I thought the update was the automations that were added and could be executed, but it was the script. I’ve tested it and it works perfect :slight_smile:

The Core 2024.7.0 update seems to have broken at least one aspect of my card_mod implementation. 2024.7: Time to resize your cards! - #23 by Rob180
Specifically:

card_mod:
           style: |
              ha-card {
               .more-info {width:0;}
              } 

Aynone else seeing this? I had to roll back temporarily.

1 Like

May want to add a note if you can’t see the Layout tab on the cards to clear cache. Was raking my brain on Firefox why I didn’t have the feature. Looked at Chrome and it was there. Cleared cached on Firefox and it appeared.

I tried resize new feature, 4 slot tile card with brightness now taller than before. Before it occupied less than 2 rows and looked more compact (nicer). Now the limit is 2 rows.

Some ideas:

1. I would like to select grid with the cursor like in Excel
  2. Maybe empty space filler card to create a small horizontal gap? Or configurable horizontal gap where you can set size of the gap.
1 Like

Am I reading this correctly that if I update my Aladin Garage door will stop working with HA?

dj

Looks like it, assuming it uses Aladdin Connect. Disable Aladdin Connect by joostlek · Pull Request #120558 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

1 Like

hm… I’ve heard about this issue from others as well.
I am not sure about the root cause of it, but there was a PR for adding the HmIP-ESI devices…

It also appears, that the upstream-library (homematicip-rest-api) was probably rewritten - this might have caused this issue.

Unfortunately, it was not mentioned as breaking change in the PR by the code owner… and it also seems, that no one with Homematic IP integration participated in the beta-test.
Then, this would have been noticed earlier :frowning:

I’ve created an issue for this:

Maybe, you can add more information to it?

2 Likes

you can use the cursor to select the grid :slight_smile:
I did this the whole time during the beta to resize my cards.

And as far as I got, more improvements on the tile cards should come over the next time…

1 Like

oh, nice! I was trying to click and drag :man_facepalming:

It looks like a nice release but unfortunately, I can’t use it because it forces my HA-setup into recovery mode!
And in recovery mode, it fails to load the logs so I haven’t managed to debug it. The only option was to revert to my backup of 24.6.4. I suspect one of my HACS integrations of course but hard to know which one.

It’s a licensing issue.

Silly licence includes this abomination

ODC grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license (without the right to sublicense) to use the Software solely for your personal use on your Home Assistant device in the continental United States and Canada

2 Likes

yep, only for ESP32 right now. you could probably create custom voice recognition sentences that would create a timer. maybe use LLM to perform the actions.

Aladdin Connect has been removed, as Home Assistant cannot use the upstream library at this time.

I replaced our garage door openers with Genie branded ones, and was planning on getting the Aladdin Connect hardware soon to add them to Home Assistant. If Aladdin Connect isn’t supported anymore, does anyone have a good way to add Genie garage door openers to Home Assistant?

1 Like

Note to myself!
Always double-check the braking changes twice! AND remember to remove deprecated stuff when you get a notification.
I forgot to remove the old legacy API password configuration.

I just finished upgrading HA as well as upgrading my ESP32-S3 box to the latest ESPHome, and I’m still getting “sorry, timers are not supported on this device”.

Is there something I’m missing?

EDIT: It looks like my device is still on 2024.5.0, even though I’ve tried to update it and ESPHome no longer shows an update.

Apparently we are not allowed to comment on the licence. My post quoting it has been flagged.

Edit : my post was correctly moderated, and I have fixed it.

3 Likes

Ditto. Local man ruins everything.

We were using this before the official integration came back last month. I’ll probably switch back to it when I update to 2024.7.x

Re: Card resizing: maybe in the next release we will see 2x more rows that would allow to resize cards height more, i.e. I am proposing to make a single “cell” 2 times smaller.

Seems to have also affected my wall mounted tablet themes. I have icons that would previously change color based on an entity state but now they’re just always green. Unfortunately I don’t see anything in the changes (or I’m just missing it) that mentions ha-card or ha-state-icon changes.

{% if not is_state('alarm_control_panel.security_system', 'disarmed') %}
              ha-card, ha-state-icon {
                color: rgb(245,0,0) !important;
                opacity: 1 !important;
                animation: update 1.5s ease-out infinite;
              }
              ha-card:hover {
                filter: brightness(130%);
                animation-play-state: paused;
              }
            {% endif %}
1 Like