2024.8: Beautiful badges!

For me it still works without problems. I’m running HA OS.

This is the same thing, at least from what I understood. And your error is the same as mine.

Yep, there’s a fix for that.

Anyone any idea how to fix this regarding the new Elevenlabs integration?
Google tts still works fine, but the new Elevenlabs doesn’t.
I get this:

2024-08-11 18:12:00.139 ERROR (Thread-6) [homeassistant.components.cast.media_player] Failed to cast media http://192.xx.xx.xx:8123/api/tts_proxy/640xxxxxxxfa_en_-_tts.elevenlabs.mp3 from internal_url (http://192.xx.xx.xx:8123). Please make sure the URL is: Reachable from the cast device and either a publicly resolvable hostname or an IP address

I’m using a DS720+ mine has failed a few times. It has been running overnight now. I have a 13 gb database though.

After days of trying to get it to work, I just deleted the database and let it re-seed.

For me, this is resolved in the 2024.8.1 release. Thank you :pray:

That’s weird because 2024.8.1 breaks the integration for just about everyone else.

There’s another update coming in 2024.8.2 that will hopefully fix it.

I get this too. If I try to slowly scroll, it does the looping you describe. If I scroll quickly, I can get out of the loop.

Thanks for the reply and for all the other ones. Actually there are about 5 issues with the same content on Github regarding this for the past 2 months since the new design was released.

Some issues also highlight accessibility issues with the new design by a user who has visual impairment and cannot adjust text size as he would like.

Of course, none of these issues has any input on them or acknowledgement that they are being worked on it.

Open source or not, but the website is the first thing what a new comer would look at before installing HA.

Same issue with old Daikin AC (with firmware 1.14.84)

The fix will be released with 2024.8.2 on the 16th.

2 Likes

I’m also seeing Display Precision ignored since upgrading to 2024.8.1:

New badges don’t work correctly for color control in some cases. I have garage door open/close sensor. I created two badges one for open and one for closed. I set the open icon to garage open, and garage closed to closed icon. Similarly, it set the color to yellow for open and green for closed. Then I set the visiblity for each badge based on open or closed . When the garage is open the open badge appears and color is yellow and the icon is open. When the garage is closed then icon is closed but the color is gray, not green. I have other sensors (3 states) for air quality sensor that work correctly for color control.

Doesn’t work

type: entity
entity: binary_sensor.garage_door_sensor_opening
icon: mdi:garage
display_type: complete
name: Garage        
color: green                  ## <--- icon color is grey (Dark Theme)
visibility:
  - condition: state
    state: 'off'

Works

icon: mdi:garage-open
name: Garage
color: yellow
visibility:
    state: 'on'

Also works

entity: sensor.air_quality_result
visibility:
    entity: sensor.air_quality_result
    state: Good
color: green

It would be better (not kludgey) not to have to use multiple badges and visibility control for different states of the same sensor for icon and color control

you should write that up as a Github issue in the Frontend repo. so the devs can have a look
(as you were asked to do by a Mod before your wrote this post…)

1 Like

OK did that. This post may get others to try to reproduce

After updating to v2024.8.0 I lost all my Xiaomi ZigBee devices (battery)

I run HA in a docker on my NAS and map my Zigbee USB stick (HUSBZB-1) into the container.
After the update alle devices of the following types are not available:

• XIAOMI mi Aqara doorsensors (13)
  • XIAOMI mi Aqara climate sensor(1)

Other (power connected) zigbee devices are still operational:

• IKEA Tradfri zigbee repeaters
  • IKEA Tradfri zigbee outlet switches
  • PHILIPS Zigbee light strip

So in principle my zigbee stick is still working.
I tried to reconnect one of the door sensors again to my setup but get a different type of device:

seems to be a switch and not a door sensor any more. The sensor entity is not working either. Update to 2024.8.1 did not change anything.

Any suggestions what went wrong?

@mattyway

After the update, my Daikin integration stopped working.
My Daikin WiFi module is BRP069B41.
I did a rollback to 2024.7 and it worked again.

I see that there has been a change in the integration.

So I suppose something went wrong with this upgrade, can you check please, with this warm weather, this integration is certainly interesting to have.

It’s been mentioned and reported multiple times in this thread. A few posts up from yours, there’s even an expected date for the fix.

Thanks,
good thing that the backup/restore mechanism is working so good, just the energy dashboard stats going bad.

PSA: Users of custom front-end components BEWARE of this update. Especially if you’re using templating to express states / adapt your UI in some conditions.

I spent my entire weekend trying to fix what this broke, and ultimately rolled back to 2024.7.1 because of how bad of a state this put me in.

There are reports of this same issue popping up across this and other forums, but they all follow a similar pattern: If you’re using a Raspberry PI 3 or 4 with an external SSD, and have some HACS components for your dashboard (especially using templating) your host will become unresponsive randomly. You’ll have to manually pull the power and reboot it to bring it back online. It could be minutes, or hours, but once it starts it will not stop.

If you’re getting the dreaded “Connection lost” toast for seemingly no reason, and after reboot you’re seeing “The last session didn’t shut down cleanly” (or similar) save yourself some time and roll back to 2024.7.x.