2024.8: Beautiful badges!

they probably wont support templating out of the box, but ofc you can use the state-colors in themes.

Im sure that anytime soon, people will start to try and card-mod them like you wish, so give it some time.

1 Like

I do not think that a change of a state should be considered as a CHANGE.
And I never desired this.
For me, the CHANGES are like “user changed smth in more-info”, “user chaged yaml → caused a change of icon, template etc”.
Having a table of 5000 entities sorted by “changed” & redrawn on every change of “states” object is nonsense.

3 Likes

If it didn’t update based on state changes the UI would never show new values…

we are not sure, but please read what Karwosts wrote about the inner workings of the Frontend on those pages. Its in the link I posted on Entities

1 Like

exactly, and since the template entities are now added, this might very well be weighing in extra

seems to be a known issue…check the custom component’s GitHub page for details
(it’s not a Core issue)

see here config_flow.py line 815: `hass_url` undefined ¡ Issue #2408 ¡ alandtse/alexa_media_player ¡ GitHub

1 Like

Thanks. I restored my last backup and got everything back.

I see no benefit of showing a “last-changed/last-updated” column on the Entities table. It will only cause lags if a user decides to sort by this column (and seems that it causes lags even w/o sorting…).
Adding a “changed” column is a good idea - but not all types of changes should be considered ))

There is a current effort to keep Alexa Media Player going but so far it is still ongoing and may be nearing an end: Alexa Media Player - Custom Integration - On Life Support - Help wanted

2 Likes

Anyone else getting bluetooth warnings on startup after updating? I keep getting “hci0 (D8:3A:DD:22:D9:DE): Successful fall-back to passive scanning mode after active scanning failed (4/4)”

So badges are (1) a new card type which also has (2) the unique ability and restriction to always be in the top row!?
Why the forced combination? Why not offer that top row for any user chosen card, and provide a badge card as a freely placeable element? Am I missing something?

My push would be to focus on more generalized control over where elements are placed on the page: Top, bottom, left, full-width, stacked, collapsed, …
Similarly, I would love to see higher customizability for cards we already have, like the entities or glance card. Both could have been unified to offer the look and feel of this new badge card. Today I am seeing one more independent card with its own options, kinks, and limitations :frowning:

2 Likes

can I ask you to add that to the issue I posted earlier.
The more people share their experience there, the better the team can tackle this

1 Like

Why is there such a big empty space under the badges? On phone it takes up a lot of space

2 Likes

Yes, thanks a lot for raising these issues.
Not installed .8 yet, will test & report later in those issues.

Yes, this is already known to the Alexa media Player people.
The issue is within an upstream library of Alexa media Player…

My Reolink camera and doorbells give an error, no longer accept passwords.

Other people having problems with there Skyconnect? ZHA keeps crashing because the port of fhe Skyconnect cannot be accessed.

I noticed you mentioned as part of this release “Integrations and helpers set up via YAML, now visible in the UI!”. Following the update, it looks like my Google Assistant integration is not showing up in the UI. I configured it manually via YAML.

Interestingly, it was showing up in the UI for all previous versions.

So is this change going to switch other people “service.call” automations to “actions” automatically, or is it going to follow previous updates and show flagrant disregard and break everyones stuff, because the post doesn’t mention that at all.

Yes. It broke my Alexa too. I tried twice. Requires Re-uthentication but no way to do it.

1 Like