2x Fibaro Wall Plug: one detected correctly, the other one not

Hi,

I ordered 2 weeks ago one Fibaro Wall Plug FGWPE/F-102 ZW5.
Yesterday I got my second one, same modell.

The Serialnumber of the fist one is a little bit higher then the second one.

I was able to include both Wall Plugs. Basically they are working without issues.

The strange thing is that the first one was detected as “unknown” device and I cannot change “advanced parameters” via the Z-Wave Menu. I have to change the parameter settings via manual commands.

The second one (lower SN) was detected as WAll Plug and this one I can change the parameters also via the Z-Wave Menu.

Could it be that the fist one has a newer firmware and therefore not correctly detected?

Basically it is not an issue, as both are working as expected, just wondering about the difference…

Br,
Johannes

I had the same problem with the FGWPF-102 ZW5. This is because the python-openzwave package homeassistant uses doesn’t have the config for the newer model and therefore shows up as unknown. I’ve fixed this by manually adding it to my zwcf*.cfg file.

I’ve found the correct file in the openzwave C++ github:

Then i’ve changed the name of the unknown device in the .cfg file

<Manufacturer id="10f" name="FIBARO System"> <Product type="602" id="1003" name="Unknown: type=0602, id=1003" />

And the i’ve added the values i found on the github between these tags
<CommandClass id="112" name="COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION" version="1" request_flags="4" issecured="true"> <Instance index="1" /> </CommandClass>

NOTE: You’ll need to stop homeassistant before changing these values.

Hi,

Ok, so you think that one of the two devices is a little bit newer then the other one, although they look the same and have the same product name?

Br,
Johannes

<Node id="4" name="Waschmaschine" location="" basic="4" generic="16" specific="1" roletype="5" devicetype="1792" nodetype="0" type="Binary Power Switch" listening="true" frequentListening="false" beaming="true" routing="true" max_baud_rate="40000" version="4" secured="true" query_stage="Complete">
		<Manufacturer id="10f" name="FIBARO System">
			<Product type="602" id="1003" name="Unknown: type=0602, id=1003" />
		</Manufacturer>
		<CommandClasses>
	<Node id="8" name="BLNET" location="" basic="4" generic="16" specific="1" roletype="5" devicetype="1792" nodetype="0" type="Binary Power Switch" listening="true" frequentListening="false" beaming="true" routing="true" max_baud_rate="40000" version="4" secured="true" query_stage="Complete">
			<Product type="602" id="1001" name="FGWPE/F Wall Plug Gen5" />
		</Manufacturer>
		<CommandClasses>

Yeah i think so. Maybe open-zwave matches on serial number and can the higher one not be found in the python open-zwave library homeassistant uses. Although this is just speculation from my end. Maybe someone else who knows more about homeassistant/zwave can tell us for sure.

You are right. I added my post: You can see that the ID for the working device is 1001 and for the one without the options 1003

I am trying now your suggestion.

Cool. I’ve checked my config to and indeed my unknown device also has id 1003

Could you tell me where can find this zwcf*.cfg file?

Hi,

It should be in the Home Assistant Config diectory, where your configuration.yaml is also located.

Br,
Johannes

do you mean the zwcfg_xxx.xml file?

yes, it is the XML-File.

Br,
Johannes

After add these to cfg file, there is still noting in Node config options at ZWAVE CONTROL PANEL. Do you know solution?

What exactly did you add? you’ll need to get the config off your device from the openzwave github page. And add it between the correct tags in the xml file. After that you should reboot your home assistant.

I’ve added

which place should add as the correct tag?How to get the config off ?

Should I add open-zwave/config/fibaro/fgms.xml file to zwcfg_xxx.xml?

I am trying to follow the instructions above but my problem is that I cannot find the unknown values in the log files. However still the plug is added and workning except for the specific Z-wave parameters that I would like to change.

I have tried to copy an old Wall plug FGWPE/F-102 (non Gen 5). Then the parameters are shown but not changeable. I have also taken the

<Node id="19" name="" location="" basic="4" generic="16" specific="0" type="Binary Switch" listening="true" frequentListening="false" beaming="true" routing="true" max_baud_rate="40000" version="4" query_stage="Complete">
		<Product type="702" id="1003" name="FGWPE/F Wall Plug Gen5" />
	</Manufacturer>

then I added all from https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave/blob/master/config/fibaro/fgwpfzw5.xml

but still with no luck. Anyone knows what to do? Is it possible to ask for official support of the FGWPE/F-102 Gen5 in Home assistant?