3A Nue Home Wifi Wall Switch

Hi I purchased a couple of these switches from ebay and I now have them working properly.

Program them with esptool, headers are labeled on PCB.

See config below.

1 Button Switch

Module Parameters
Module Type - Generic
GPIO1 - Led4
GPIO3 - Button1
GPIO4 - Relay1
GPIO14 - Relay2

Rules
On power1#state=1 do power2 1 endon On power1#state=0 do power2 0 endon

rule1 1

SetOption13 1

LedState 0

2 Button Switch

Module Parameters
Module Type - Generic
GPIO1 - Led4
GPIO2 - Relay3
GPIO5 - Button1
GPIO12 - Button2
GPIO13 - Relay1
GPIO15 - Relay2
GPIO16 - Relay4

Rules
Rule1 On power1#state=1 do backlog power3 1 endon On power1#state=0 do power3 0 endon; On power2#state=1 do backlog power4 1 endon On power2#state=0 do power4 0 endon

rule1 1

SetOption13 1

LedState 0

3 Button Switch

Module Parameters
Module Type - Generic
GPIO1 - Led4
GPIO2 - Relay5
GPIO3 - Button2
GPIO4 - Relay3
GPIO5 - Button1
GPIO12 - Button3
GPIO13 - Relay1
GPIO14 - Relay4
GPIO15 - Relay2
GPIO16 - Relay6

Rules

Rule1 On power1#state=1 do backlog power5 1 endon On power1#state=0 do power5 0 endon;

Rule2 On power2#state=1 do backlog power4 1 endon On power2#state=0 do power4 0 endon;

Rule3 On power3#state=1 do backlog power6 1 endon On power3#state=0 do power6 0 endon

rule1 1

rule2 1

rule3 1

SetOption13 1

LedState 0

Are you talking about flashing tasmoto in to these switches?. I was looking at those few days ago and was worried if I can integrate them to HA.

Sorry for my delay, yes I have flashed tasmota.

@benmprojects I just got the switch (1 button) and trying to flash it but can’t get it to work. I flashed other esp8266 in the past so this shouldn’t be the issue. Mine got 5 pins:
g,o,r,t,v

which I map to
g -> ground
o -> gpio00
r -> Rx
t -> Tx
v -> Vcc

I confirmed those using a multimeter and probing the tuya chip (TYWE3S) and the connectors. When I try to flash it I ground gpio00 when I connect the usb port. Am I missing something?

Hi @johnstoos that looks right to me. what device are you using to flash the switch with?

I used a raspberry pie and esptool.

actually you need to switch the rx and tx.

so rx goes to tx and tx goes to rx on the flasher you are using.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for coming back to me. Those mapping were not the connections I made but how I interpreted the single letter label. I did connect the Tx to Rx and vice-versa. I’m using Windows 10 with NodeMCU-PyFlasher-4.0-x64.exe which I successfully used to flashed other esp8266. No sure why it never worked with this switch. I was able to flash it using the Tuya OTA flash method.

What hardware are you using?

I’m using a 5V/3.3V FT232RL FTDI USB to TTL Module set at 3.3V:

unnamed

That should be fine… are you sure you have selected the correct com port?

Yes and I could see the led on the usb->ttl flashing when trying to flash

As I said above I used my raspberry pi with raspbian loaded and used esptool. If you have a spare microsd just load raspbian up and install esptool then use your raspberry pi that hassio runs on to program your switch.

are you near Brisbane?

No unfortunately and thanks for your help. I will try again in the future when I get another switch. For now the ota method worked. I just can’t mess-up with any future update as I will need to try to connect to it again :slight_smile:

@johnstoos Did you managed to get it flashed?

@benmprojects I did using the OTA tuya method

Hi,

To anyone thinking buying those Nue 3A wall switch, beware! I’ve been trying to do the Tuya OTA update on a recently bought Nue 3A but it was not working, I then opened the switch to realized that they replaced the ESP8266 chip with a Realtek Rtl8710bn Tuya Wr3 WiFi! This chip is not compatible with Tasmota or other ESP8266 based chips!

The 3 traces on the left control the front LEDS and relays. The EN pin is connected to VCC. The following 3 pins are connected to the touch sensors. The pin just before VCC is connected to ground. As someone else suggested, the pinout looks very similar to a ESP-12E so my plan is to replace the chip with a ESP-12E and hope for the best. I already removed the chip and waiting for my ESP to arrive :slight_smile: :

I use this trick to remove the chip: https://youtu.be/CVsmwFAkf7I?t=264
I will post back once I have the chip install and tested. Stay tune

It works!! I flashed Tasmota before soldering the ESP-12E and programmed GPIO5 to Relay1 and GPIO14 to Button1 and it work beautifully!! So it is mostly possible to replace any device with the new Tuya WR3 chip (Realtek Rtl8710bn) with our old ESP-12E :smiley:

1 Like

Good to know. I have 2 ceiling lights with the Wr3, which don’t work with any Tuya integration. Now I know what to try.

Hi @johnstoos, I have just tried this on a 3 gang switch and it doen’t work. Can you confirm how you made yours work?