3D App for Home Assistant - Unity, RestAPI, MQTT

Hey everybody. Hope you are doing great! Follow some “hot trend” out there in our community, I created a demo version of 3D mobile app, to integrate and control HomeAssistant’s entities from a 3D interface.

For now it can integrate and control (as well as sync-up state) with Light entities, other entity type will be supported very soon, I recorded a demonstration below.

Tools:

• I modeled it in Google SketchUp, but basically you guy can do it in any 3D modeling software.
  • Imported to Unity for rendering and programming.
  • Communication with HomeAssistant: MQTT using Hass’s MQTT integration and RestAPI (using HA.Unity C# library ported to Unity by @harriedegroot. A big thanks for his great work!)

Credit:

Some screenshoots:

Tag: #home-assistant Third party integrations Mobile Apps Share your Projects! Frontend Floorplan HADashboard

13 Likes

P.S: For this demonstration, I used Hass’s demo platform for most of entities. This is great stuff for testing and demonstration purpose!

Any plans to do a step by step tutorial for us noobs? Great work btw

@Crazyshakespeare Hey thanks. To be honest, this requires a lot of manual works such as integrate with HomeAssistant API and doing designing task on a professional 3D modeling tool. So I think I cannot arrange time to do step-by-step tutorial for now :slight_smile:

Hi @vuqnguyen , Great work. I really admire that. Since you are not able to do step-by-step guide. Are you willing to share your demo project and I will explore further and at least I have better understanding if you don’t mind? thanks in advance.

1 Like

how to import ha.unity to unity