433toMQTTto433 Gateway Device List

Yes. Please see 433toMQTTto433 Gateway Device List

From 1 seconds to 24h… it depend on what you configure in home-assistant.
See here for more info:
Turn on Lights for 10 Minutes

Here you have a list of device confirmed to work with the bridge:

1 Like

Putting one on your mailbox is a great idea!

Hi everyone, i’m having a little bit of trouble when uploading the sketch to the NodeMCU: the compiler gives the “SetupRF: not declared” error. Can somebody help me on this? I have all the libraries and they are updated to the latest version available, but i’m sure i’m missing something.

Question, is it possible to somehow do a sprinkler system using 433MHz 4-channel relay board and controlling it via MQTT from HASS while the Gateway does the translation from MQTT to RF? Has anyone done something like that?

Hello, you should not take the last version of the libraries but the ones pointed into the libraries folder of the project.

May I advise to post your questions to the dedicated thread to not overcharge this one

Hello,
Yes it is possible, but depending if you have to control the pump or a valve I will choose different solutions, for instance for a pump you can put directly a remote socket. If you have to control electric valves the relay can be the solution.
Nevertheless for a sprinkler solutions I will be worried about the fact that I don’t have feedback about the actuator final state. I would either add this feedback with a 433mhz emitter either use an RFM69 module either go to a Sonoff module with Tasmota.

I just got my gateway setup and running. I’m able to get switches working no problem but bought the following door sensors and am wondering how to set them up. Would one of you be willing to share your configuration.yaml for this or a similar sensor and provide some guidance? Do you use the binary sensor?

Thanks in advance for your help.

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?orderId=83860293094844&productId=32497549984

I’d control valves and they would be “normally-closed” so that would be safe right? Since like it safer if they close themselves vs. if “irrigation” is not working.

The risk that you have is that the valve doesn’t receive the off signal and continue spreading water but if the gateway is close to the valve it’s not a big risk.
You have to weigh the pros and the cons

i would chose a 4 channel relay board connected to a nodemcu or arduino
you can program those yourselve, and have feedback if the relay is open or closed.

you could still go the MQTT way if you prefer that.

It was already the original idea, that the arduino+rf would do the handling of relays. And the gateway would just translate the mqtt messages to RF?

i think you should check out mysensors.org

i have a mysensors gateway and the advantage is that i Always know if my relay is on or off.
with a nodemcu you can also use it directly as a gateway with sensors and relays.

so instead off:

arduino => 433 mhz => gateway => MQTT => HA

you get

nodemcu => HA

Why not just connecting directly your nodemcu to the relay board and handle the state/action with mqtt = don t use basic 433mhz protocol.
In you have wifi coverage in your use case i would use a sonoff with tasmota in it

Anyone found a 433 PIR sensor that sends 3 states motion detected, no motion and tamper?

Can someone help me out.
how to set up pir motion sensor with openmqtt gateway?
i got the rf code but don’t know how to set up it with homeassistant.
thanks

@gillrishi This is what you need:

1. Create a binary sensor:

binary_sensor:
     	- platform: mqtt
     	  name: "Study room Motion Sensor"
     	  qos: 0
     	  state_topic: "home/433toMQTT"
     	  payload_on: "111111"
     	  payload_off: "111111off"
     	  device_class: motion

2. If it sends one code create an automation to create a timer to change the state:

- alias: 'Study room Motion Sensor Off Timer'
       initial_state: 'on'
       trigger:
         platform: state
         entity_id: binary_sensor.study_room_motion_sensor
         to: 'on'
         for:
           seconds: 10
       action:
         service: mqtt.publish
         data:
           topic: 'home/433toMQTT'
           payload: '111111off'
           retain: 'true'
4 Likes

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 Like

Hi, I have problems with this switch
RF switch from ebay

Its not reliable and not working instantly. I have to hold the capacitive button for couple of seconds to get it to send code, and even then it is not 100% sure that it send a code.
Im using it with wemos d1 mini gateway. Anyone can help?

first you have to find out if it is the remote or the reciever that has the problem.