433toMQTTto433 Gateway Device List

No sensor will send a no motion trigger, they will only send a signal when a motion is detected (and when the sensor is tampered).

If the point is to let something active as long as their is movement, you should handle that in HASS.
For example, for every movement, activate the object for 30 seconds, it will then be turned off 30 seconds after the last movement is detected.

The Kerui PIR sensor can be set to send the motion signal every 5 seconds.

I also had this problem, I actually had 2 problems: bad wifi and bad RF.

For the wifi I used a Mi Amplifier and for the RF signal I build a second RF bridge (make sure to use a good RF receiver).

You can try to put you switch and RF bridge close to another and close to your Wifi access point to see if that’s also the case for you.

Another thing you can do, plug you RF bridge to your computer and open a serial console. You’ll be able to see if your bridge receive the code from the switch as expected.

Thanks, It looks like the broadlink motion sensor have this functionality, it sends status messages once in a while, but i don’t think it’s RF although it says so in the product description, I actually have one but i could not get it to work with the OpenMQTTGateway

I believe you should be able to pick-up a signal from those but I don’t own any so cannot be sure.

And I highly doubt they would send a RF signal on no movement, it would drain the battery much faster.

Also it wouldn’t really be useful, if you don’t receive a movement signal, it means there is no movement, no?

What do you want to control?

It does, i captured the code using broadlink-python, i’ll try to figure it out :slight_smile:

unless you connect a pir to an arduino or nodemcu or …
then you can let the arduino send a signal that no motion is detected anymore.

Yes of course, I meant a commercial RF PIR sensor.
Other kind of sensor (radar) or DIY sensor can report other data/status.

My wifi is ok, there is not a problem. Even when Im close to gateway with remote it dont work as expected. Tried battery, same. Another reciever, same. Iam desperate. Have someone this exact remote? RF Remote control touch wall

Did you check the serial output of your bridge?

I have those two, no problem (the model with 3 input, I own 2 of them).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/EU-Smart-Home-Remote-Switch-Controller-Transmitter-433mhz-WIFI-Switch-Light-For-Broadlink-orvibo-Home-Automation/32728861511.html

Be aware that even tho other device work fine with Wifi near you bridge, it doesn’t mean the bridge doesn’t have trouble transmitting is data.

I can try another ESP. I have spare Lolin.

Hello,

Yes try with the gateway on another esp,
you can try also to send code with another ESP using RCSwitch send example (supposing that you don’t have other emitter) and see if your first esp receive it.

Tried another ESP. Now it is working like is supposed to, but. I think it have bad reception of RF signal. Can I somewhere buy antenna or buy better reciever? And how can I enable sending duplicate codes. HA is toggling switch.
EDIT: Found the setting in firmware. #define time_avoid_duplicate set to 0.

What receiver are you using? You should use a superheterodyne receiver.

An RXB6 for example give good result. You can find them on Aliexpress for about 1,5$:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RXB6-433Mhz-Superheterodyne-Wireless-Receiver-Module-for-Arduino-ARM-AVR/32672908211.html

Don’t use this kind:

If this is the receiver you used, you are lucky to have receive any signal at all :smirk:

1 Like

I use the Geeetech 3400RF 433Mhz Superheterodyne Transmitter and Receiver, And it works really well even without an antena the range is pretty good

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Geeetech-3400RF-433Mhz-Superheterodyne-Transmitter-and-Receiver-Module-Arduino/222121538633?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I use that receiver, and with a suitable antenna attached it works perfectly well.

Use the other, without antenna you’ll get 10-15 meters coverage… I know they can work if you’re lucky and use a good antenna, but result are really too random/poor with this kind of receiver.
Especially that the other are just a $ more…

Bought this reciever/transmitter combo http://m.ebay.com/itm/433MHz-STX882-SRX882-ASK-Wireless-Transceiver-Superheterodyne-with-antenna-/332154097808?txnId=1426664920014

Confirmed working:

1 Like

Thanks, I added it to the list:

I added a 100 white LED rope to the Device List. Amazon states it’s currently unavailable but the 200 LED rope is available. More info at (_https://www.tronixtar.com/)

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01MED7JY8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T1_i-RGzbA1Z3Z39

I also added a column for the config of these devices as well on our device sheet.

Here’s my config of this: (I named them firefly lights and also put them in a group)

# firefly on/off
  - platform: mqtt
    name: "firefly on/off" 
    #state_topic: "home/433toMQTT"
    command_topic: "home/commands/PLSL_406/433_1/BITS_24"
    payload_on: "11752###"
    payload_off: "11752###"
    optimistic: true
    retain: true
  # firefly 100%
  - platform: mqtt
    name: "firefly 100%"