💡 Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

From 5.8 to 6.0 your all good.

You have a few way to do the update.

1. Just use the import blueprint blue button at the top of this post.
  2. In blueprints tab go to settings / automations & scenes / blueprints tab then look for the sensor light blueprint… next to the blueprint on the same line see the 3 dots… and click reimport blueprint.

All will be okay… if any doubt then run a manual backup first then update the blueprint. If anything goes wrong you can use your backup.

Blacky :smiley:

Got it, it was me. I set the times wrong.

@G2740

Nice one Dave, I can be full on when you first get it but I am glad you fingered it out and you up and running.

Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

The button uses the mqtt integration (via zigbee2mqtt) it basically triggers an event. I use that to turn on/off bypass ON/OFF input_boolean helpers. (Basically like your blueprint “Trigger - Run ON Timer”)

My light also uses mqtt via Z2M and is a default light entity.
And (to be complete) my motion sensor, also mqtt via Z2M and is a default binary_sensor entity.

Currently I turn on “bypass ON” and off “bypass OFF” on the button on event. And let the Sensor Light Blueprint turn “bypass ON” off with a delay.
If the button off event is fired, then I turn off “bypass ON” and on “bypass OFF” for one minute (managing that delay myself).
This works fine since Version 6.0. The only quirk: The blueprint turns off the light after set delay (bypass ON Auto OFF) even if there happened motion in between.

And thats why I got the Idea of handling the “ON” delay myself in a template sensor. I tried to build this as clean as possible but it seems there will be a lot of helpers involved. :smiley:

best regards

@andyblac @clowgg

This has now been resolved and a update will be out soon.

Thanks for the heads up :+1:

1 Like

New update 6.1

Your lighting experience, your way – take control and customize it to perfection! :bulb::sparkles:

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fixed bugs in errors logs when evaluating some conditions.

Maintenance :toolbox:

• Cleaned up header to the automation process in the top description and made it expandable / collapsible for a cleaner easer to read look.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

sorry to be confusing. The existing simple automation uses the scene. With this blueprint I added the dimmer as an entity. The scene is not used.

It looks like I did the right thing per your next post; it just doesn’t seem to work. It’s a HomeSeer HS-WX300
The motion detector is blinking its LED on motion. Thanks for looking at this!

alias: Foyer lights all day
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/sensor-light.yaml
  input:
    motion_trigger:
      - binary_sensor.trisensor_foyer_home_security_motion_detection
    light_switch:
      entity_id:
        - light.foyer_dimmer
    include_light_control:
      - use_brightness
    light_transition_off: 3
    ambient_light_sensor: sensor.trisensor_foyer_illuminance
    ambient_light_options: ambient_light_option_enabled
    include_ambient: ambient_enabled
    include_time: time_enabled
    after_time: "07:00:00"
    before_time: "22:00:00"
    include_night_lights: night_lights_enabled
    night_lights:
      entity_id: light.foyer_dimmer
    include_night_light_control:
      - use_brightness
    night_light_transition_off: 2
    night_lights_conditions:
      - time_enabled
    night_lights_after_time: "22:00:00"
    night_lights_before_time: "07:00:00"

I just noticed the 7 a.m. and changed it to 19:00. wups!

Yep your times are not set correctly. See this link and look at the thumbs up and thumbs down part. Click Here

So you normal time also has to include your night time as it is a global condition.

Hey @Blacky, I love this blueprint! Would it be possible to just integrate the Bee In The Hive Sensor" into this blueprint? So it can be used in every room without creating an additional sensor? The Same for Humidity Sensors? What is if you have two doors?

Is it possible to change the Ambient Light - Low/High Value maximum scale setting to a personal preference?
The scale goes from 0 to 500 lux. I experience the max of 500 is quite high and also limits the slider steps to 10 lux steps.

Another question: how to configure if the lights should only be turned off if no motion is detected? Not on if motion is detected. I want to turn it on manually.

It get’s little bit tricky with all the options but I do love that :honeybee: Bee In The Hive Sensor :honeybee:. It is pretty cool hay.

Not sue what you are referring to here.

Make 2 sensors or are you referring to having double doors… if so you can group your door sensors or you will have to change the template so it will work… easy way is to group them and use the group as the door sensor.

Normally you just set this up once. You can have any value you like just type it in and click save. So if you would like 658 or 13 just type it in.

This is where you would use a scrip and put it into “Lights - Switches - Scenes - Scripts” or “Night Light”. You would create a script an use an If-Then-Else. So it would be IF = Light is OFF (selecting your lights) Then = Turn Light OFF (Selecting your lights) Else = Turn Lights ON (selecting your lights). A detailed guide on this process (similar) can be found Here.

Well, I’m past the bedroom lamp be bright from 6 until 10 PM on motion sensor and dim with night lights in the middle of the night.

2nd project working for lights On at least, my first schedule helper. Off is the minutes delay so that should work in the morning.

Now to play with sunrise and set for the above, so that I don’t have to change times in the helper schedule.

Rest assured, I’ll be visiting the donate button and checking into your other blueprints.:wink::+1:

@G2740

Nice to know your getting the hang of the blueprint and HA :+1:

Thanks for the replay!
Is it so complcated to just ad a toggle button to say only on or only off action per entity? that saves scripting :slight_smile:
With the humidity sensor I meant it could be used as a presence indicator if humidity goes up fast → some under the shower.

Im struggling with the script for just turn the light out if nobody is in the room.
When is the scipt called? Sensor detects motion and no-motion? Because then I need to determine in the script if this is an on or off action.
So if light is off or on and motion is detected, do nothing.
If no-motion is detected and light is on, switch light off. How do I recognize in the script if this is a motion or no-motion action.
If I need to do this handling and logic all in the script, in don’t need your blueprint anymore. So having a button to configure this would be super cool :slight_smile:

And of cause the possibility to easily add a door sensor for the Wasp in a box scenario.

@seblor

Hi Sebastian

You realy need to look at my :shower: Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan blueprint. This blueprint works with it and it works perfectly + it will control your fan for you.

Just a quick question, why are you using a script. You dont need to use a script just enter in your lights or switches. It is realy easy and you may be trying something that is not required.

Have a look at groups in the FAQ. Group your door sensors. Then follow the guide on the be in the hive but use your group as the door sensor.

New update 6.2

Your lighting experience, your way – take control and customize it to perfection! :bulb::sparkles:

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fixed bugs when using scenes & scripts and sun.
  • Fixed bugs when using scenes & scripts and ambient.
  • Fixed bugs when using scenes & scripts and time.
  • Some error logs.

Maintenance :toolbox:

• Cleaned up some conditions.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

1 Like

I have a question to the lux-based options. My motion sensor (IKEA Vallhorn) is in a guest bathroom. There the lux value only rises up to 10 lux, even on a sunny day (see screenshot). Why is a value of like 2lx not possible for the e.g. ambient light sensing high/low value?

@DeckardCain2014

Just simply type the number in and click save. You can set 1.9 if you like totally up to you.

1 Like