šŸ’” Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

I have a question regarding the Trigger Sensor - Binary Sensors - Schedule * section in this blueprint.
I couldnā€™t find the answer for it but is this field a AND or an OR field?

I have added in 1 automation multiple sensors that could trigger a action but it seems that they need to be triggerd all at once, is that correct?

It is not a AND and it is not a OR.

No, without getting to technical if you have multiple sensors for the trigger it is best to group them. Then they will act like one sensor and the automation will work perfectly. In saying that I do have multiple sensors (3 off them) down my hallway and I have added them individually, but they are ON for about 2 seconds and by the time I get to the 3rd one the first one is OFF. So in this type of situation it works but most of the time if you have a room with multiple sensors then it is best to group them.

For more information on how to set up group sensors please Click Here.

Blacky :smiley:

1 Like

Hi,

I could use scripts to build an automation that sets a group of lights to 100% brightness when movement is detected and then after the time delay sets it back down to a given value from an input helper on the dashboard.
Iā€™m currently doing this with your blueprint using scenes, but without the option to adjust the lower brightness value from an input helper

Regards

@ob1w4nken0b1

Thanks for letting us know I will put it on the list.

yes I use a ā€˜motion groupā€™ for a stairwell that has motion sensors at the top and bottom. I then use that motion group as the trigger for your blueprint. Works perfectly.

1 Like

New update 4.1

:warning: Please read this before upgrading. If you use night lights in you automations, once you upgrade if you would like to keep using time for night lights you will need to select ā€œEnable time optionā€ as shown below and click save. Otherwise you can now choose sun elevation :+1:

New Features :new:

• Added the ability to use sun elevation for night lights :partying_face:. You can now select to use time and or sun elevation conditions for your night lights. It can now be used for having lower softer lights come ON when going to the bathroom at night by still using time or having different lights come on when it is dark or below the sun elevation setting.

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Crossover for start and end of night lights.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks you so much, Blacky. :+1:
This blueprint is exactly what Iā€™ve been looking for. The results from other searches Iā€™ve done were either blueprints that were overly complicated that need additional installation of helpers and entities or yaml scripts that I donā€™t understand yet. Iā€™m a newbie to HA. :crazy_face:

New update 4.2

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fixed a bug in HA restart.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

@MichGuy3000

Thanks for your kind words and your support. Glad you like it :+1:

It seems that the automation time option is also creating a trigger at the start time.
I setvtgevtime from 6 am to 9 pm and the lights turned on at 6 am. I checked the entity and it indicated it was triggered by time by the blueprint

@rananna

Hi, thanks for asking the question.

Yes that is correct but it will only turn your lights ON if the trigger is ON as that is what your asking the automation to do. Example: Run between 6 am to 9 pm when trigger is ON. I just tested it again here and this is how it is working for me :+1:. If it is not working like that for you please let us know or confirm that it is working correctly.

Hi, this is my first post in this community.

I use and like this blueprint and have a question about the trigger blocker. Could it be possible to switch (invert) the block state. I mean that the off state block the trigger.

With multiple motion sensors, are the lights turned off after just one is cleared, or after all are cleared?

@detlefh

Hi Detlef, firstly welcome to the community :+1:.

You can but it would be better to keep this format. All will be reviled in a day or two. On how to set up a by-pass see our FAQ: Click Here

If you would still like to do this you can use a template sensor like this,

In the code below to suit you;

• Change the name of your ā€œtrigger_blocker_sensorā€
  • Change the friendly name ā€œTrigger Blocker Sensorrā€
  • Enter your Trigger Blocker Sensor into here ā€œbinary_sensor.your_trigger_blocker_sensor_hereā€
  • Change the icon if you like.
  • Change the device class if you like.
binary_sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      trigger_blocker_sensor:
        friendly_name: "Trigger Blocker Sensor"
        device_class: occupancy
        icon_template: mdi:lightbulb-alert-outline
        value_template: >-
          {{ is_state('binary_sensor.your_trigger_blocker_sensor_here', 'off') }}

Then enter this into your by-pass and it will be inverted.

EDIT: This code goes in your ā€œconfiguration.yamlā€ file. And you must restart HA.

@chrismelba

Hi Chris

Yes, maybe & no. It is a bit technical but when you have multiple motion sensors it is best to group them. This way they will act like one sensor and the automation will work perfectly.

For more information on how to set up group sensors please Click Here.

1 Like

Hi Blacky,
thank you for the answer and possible solution. I will try to create a template Sensor to invert my Bypass.

detlefh :relaxed:

1 Like

I have release a new blueprint that is an add on to this sensor light blueprint. Make sure you check it out and let us know what you think. Below is the link to it.

Hope you like it.

Sensor Light Add On - Media & Movie - House Alarm - Fire Alarm + More

Initial release 1.0

New blueprint :partying_face: Hope you like it :neutral_face:

This is an add on for my other blueprints. It can also be used as a stand alone blueprint if you prefer. If I have missed any ā€œStatesā€ for the trigger or anything else then make sure you let us know and I will add them in.

Below are some use cases.

• Media - Cinema Room - Turn ON different lights when watching a movie.
  • House Alarm - Turn ON lights when your house alarm has been activated.
  • Smoke Detector - Turn on lights and exhaust fans when smoke detector has been activated.

The Automation Link Option is done through the by-passes that you will find in my other blueprints so you can take control of your lights if you are watching a movie etc. It then will return to normal once you stopped watching the movie.

Enjoy

1 Like

Is it possible to ad a dim option when the time is running out (no motion detected)?

A lot of times I am in a room and all of the sudden the lights turn of. I would love to seen a option to dim the lights by 50% for 10 seconds (or so) before the lights really turn off. In that case I know I have to move in front of the sensor to get the light up again.

@Hassio

Would the ā€œTransition - OFFā€ work. It will slowly dim your lights so you know they are going OFF.

Thanks, I will give that a try!