šŸ’” Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

@MichGuy3000

Thanks for your kind words and your support. Glad you like it :+1:

It seems that the automation time option is also creating a trigger at the start time.
I setvtgevtime from 6 am to 9 pm and the lights turned on at 6 am. I checked the entity and it indicated it was triggered by time by the blueprint

@rananna

Hi, thanks for asking the question.

Yes that is correct but it will only turn your lights ON if the trigger is ON as that is what your asking the automation to do. Example: Run between 6 am to 9 pm when trigger is ON. I just tested it again here and this is how it is working for me :+1:. If it is not working like that for you please let us know or confirm that it is working correctly.

Blacky :smiley:

Hi, this is my first post in this community.

I use and like this blueprint and have a question about the trigger blocker. Could it be possible to switch (invert) the block state. I mean that the off state block the trigger.

With multiple motion sensors, are the lights turned off after just one is cleared, or after all are cleared?

@detlefh

Hi Detlef, firstly welcome to the community :+1:.

You can but it would be better to keep this format. All will be reviled in a day or two. On how to set up a by-pass see our FAQ: Click Here

If you would still like to do this you can use a template sensor like this,

In the code below to suit you;

• Change the name of your ā€œtrigger_blocker_sensorā€
  • Change the friendly name ā€œTrigger Blocker Sensorrā€
  • Enter your Trigger Blocker Sensor into here ā€œbinary_sensor.your_trigger_blocker_sensor_hereā€
  • Change the icon if you like.
  • Change the device class if you like.
binary_sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      trigger_blocker_sensor:
        friendly_name: "Trigger Blocker Sensor"
        device_class: occupancy
        icon_template: mdi:lightbulb-alert-outline
        value_template: >-
          {{ is_state('binary_sensor.your_trigger_blocker_sensor_here', 'off') }}

Then enter this into your by-pass and it will be inverted.

EDIT: This code goes in your ā€œconfiguration.yamlā€ file. And you must restart HA.

Blacky :grinning:

@chrismelba

Hi Chris

Yes, maybe & no. It is a bit technical but when you have multiple motion sensors it is best to group them. This way they will act like one sensor and the automation will work perfectly.

For more information on how to set up group sensors please Click Here.

1 Like

Hi Blacky,
thank you for the answer and possible solution. I will try to create a template Sensor to invert my Bypass.

detlefh :relaxed:

1 Like

I have release a new blueprint that is an add on to this sensor light blueprint. Make sure you check it out and let us know what you think. Below is the link to it.

Hope you like it.

Sensor Light Add On - Media & Movie - House Alarm - Fire Alarm + More

Initial release 1.0

New blueprint :partying_face: Hope you like it :neutral_face:

This is an add on for my other blueprints. It can also be used as a stand alone blueprint if you prefer. If I have missed any ā€œStatesā€ for the trigger or anything else then make sure you let us know and I will add them in.

Below are some use cases.

• Media - Cinema Room - Turn ON different lights when watching a movie.
  • House Alarm - Turn ON lights when your house alarm has been activated.
  • Smoke Detector - Turn on lights and exhaust fans when smoke detector has been activated.

The Automation Link Option is done through the by-passes that you will find in my other blueprints so you can take control of your lights if you are watching a movie etc. It then will return to normal once you stopped watching the movie.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

1 Like

Is it possible to ad a dim option when the time is running out (no motion detected)?

A lot of times I am in a room and all of the sudden the lights turn of. I would love to seen a option to dim the lights by 50% for 10 seconds (or so) before the lights really turn off. In that case I know I have to move in front of the sensor to get the light up again.

@Hassio

Would the ā€œTransition - OFFā€ work. It will slowly dim your lights so you know they are going OFF.

Thanks, I will give that a try!

Hi is there or would it be possible to turn off the lights if the lux level rises above a threshold when the lights have been triggered on but thereā€™s still motion?
thanks

I think this is already the case for my light sensors that are not affected by lights.

1 Like

@maxedmini1

Hi, thanks for asking the question :+1:

Yes, currently it will do this. It will turn your lights ON and OFF with a lux value if the trigger is ON. If you would like the lux level to turn your lights OFF you canā€™t select ā€œYES - My Ambient Light Sensor is affected by the Lightsā€ in ā€œAmbient Light Sensor - Site Conditionsā€ because this option disregards your lux value once your lights are ON.

For what you are trying to do your selections should be something like this.

Let us know if this works for you.

Love the BP! Iā€™d like a little tweak to the night ā€˜sunā€™ option. I want night mode to always start at a specific time, but use the sun option for the end time. Is that possible?

@DuckDuck25

Thanks for your kind words :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Are you asking for it to turn ON and OFF regardless of a trigger? Currently the automation must be active (triggered ON) for this to work.

Example: If normal lights are ON and you have enable sun and time for night lights then the following will work.

Step 1: Normal light must be ON, then if the sun goes is below night setting (Sun Elevation say that happens at 7pm) normal lights still ON, and the time is set to 9pmā€¦ when it crosses over at 9pm then the night lights will turn ON.

Step 2: Night lights are ON, then if the sun goes above the night setting (Sun Elevation, say that happens at 6am) and your time setting is set to 10amā€¦ then when the sun crosses over at 6am the night lights go OFF and your normal lights go ON.

Yea there is a lot happing in this automationā€¦ this is just two scenario and there are so many optionsā€¦ :nerd_face:

Your thoughts?

Amazingly useful blueprint. Wondering how i would most easily adapt this to return lights to their previous state. Iā€™ve seen the comment regarding bypassing if the light is on as a way of achieving this, however i want to return the light to the original dim state (use case is a front porch light that brightens on movement using this blueprint, and returns to either a dimmed state or fully off, depending on what state the light was in in the first place. The dimmed state is managed with a schedule.

@fitz247

Hi Adam

Thanks for your kind words.

Currently there is no option for this.

I am not sure of what you are trying to do exactly so it this is a bit of a hit and missā€¦ ā€œDimmed state managed with a scheduleā€ so there is a automation that turns the lights ON to a set brightness and then OFF again (automation 1). Amusing this is at 7pm (ON @ 30% brightness) to 11pm (OFF).

Now we would like to turn the lights on to a higher brightness when motion is detected between 7pm to 11pm and back to 30% brightness.

We will need to create another automation for this (automation 2). Automation 2 uses time from 7:01 pm to 10:49 pm. Note if your delay time is 5 min then set the 10:49 to 10:44. Set the light to 100% brightness or what every you like then create a scene with your lights at 30% brightness and put that scene in ā€œScenes to turn OFFā€ Now you lights will go to 100% when triggered and then back to 30% when OFF.

Automation 1 will turn your light OFF at 11pm.

Now if you need something else then you will need to create another automation (automation 3). Automation 3 is set to time and sun. Time is 11pm (or 10:44, you will have to test this) to say 10am and using sun. Set the sun elevation to anything you like. Now this automation will only run from 11 pm to when the sun rises say at 7 am. The 10am is just to make sure it is after the sun rises. You then can have this turn ON and OFF your light.

I know it is a lot but this will do many things.

Not sure if this is what your after but let us know if this works for you.

Iā€™m proud to be the 600th comment but embarrassed that I still canā€™t quite understand some of the timing settings.

I have a motion sensor in the shower that both turns on the shower light to 100% and turns on the exhaust fan through a Shelly relay completing the circuit of a low voltage ERV putting it into exhaust mode. I have one automation for that function. When I get out of the shower, it turns the light off after 30 seconds and the shower exhaust Shelly relay off after 5 minutes. Works great

I have another sensor in the main part of the bathroom which normally turns on the main bathroom light when I walk in. However I only run that from 6:01 a.m. to midnight using the time option. Seems to work great.

From 12:01am until 6:00 a.m., I use that main bathroom sensor to turn on just the shower light dimmer switch to 20%, not the exhaust fan, so that if I walk in to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night the shower light comes on nice and dim and is not in my eyes.

So my confusion on the separate shower night light automation is whether I simply use the night light settings, or do I use the global timing settings since no other part of that automation controls any lights.

Last night I set an alarm for myself so that I could see if the automation was working at 3:00 in the morning. Walking to the bathroom, I was surprised to see that the night light was on without me walking into the bathroom.

Any idea?