🚿 Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan

although I suspect it will result in the same behaviour - we will see

I am leaning to the trigger on toilet exhaust fan (light). Create a toggle helper and replace that one.

With the helpers setup, it’s still doing the same - I can capture a video of the behaviour if that helps but maybe send direct rather than here?

I will PM you

1 Like

This has now been resolved and there is a bug in the Toilet Exhaust Fan Blueprint. Thanks to @pgale for all your help in helping to identify a bug.

I am hoping an new release to the Toilet Exhaust Fan Blueprint fixing the bug will be out tomorrow.

This blueprint Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan was okay.

Blacky :smiley:

1 Like

New update 2.3

Maintenance :toolbox:

• General code clean up - Just doing some housekeeping.
  • Increased the range of maximum humidity slider… now it is 80 to 100.

Bugs Fixed :bug:

• By-pass auto OFF – When using option 2 and selecting auto off the by-pass would not turn OFF automaticity.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

1 Like

FAQ - How to link the Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan blueprint with the Toilet Exhaust Fan blueprint

1. First you must create a toggle helper. Go to Settings / Devices & Services / click on the Helpers tab / click Create Helper / and select Toggle

Then input the name you would like to call the toggle helper and select an icon if you like and click create.

2. Now you have a toggle helper that we can use in both automations. Once you created both automations using the blueprints we then can add the link between the two.

3. Go into the Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan automation. In the “Fan Switch” we will add the toggle helper we just created. Then click save.

4. Go into the Toilet Exhaust Fan automation. In the by-pass section we will enable option 3 and add the toggle helper into “By-pass Switch - Keep The Fan Current State”. When using this option we can’t enable the auto OFF feature as the Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan automation will be controlling it.

Then down the bottom make sure the HA Restart Option is disabled as the Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan automation already has a built in HA restart option and is why this one is optional so we can disable it when linking the two. Once done click save.

Your automations will now be linked giving priority to the Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan automation.

Enjoy

Back to FAQ: Click Here

1 Like

Both automations have been working well together - thanks again for your quick and comprehensive support.

If anyone else is trying to automate an extract fan in a bathroom etc, I’d highly recommend these two blueprints!

1 Like

@pgale

Thanks for your feedback… it is nice to know they are working correctly.

I have tried using this blueprint in my HA installation, however I could not because, when creating the derivative sensor, my system spiked top 100% CPU usage and than crashed.
When it came back, the CPU usage was just not stable enough to keep testing it. Has anyone experienced the same behavior?

@Krieger2690 I dont see as my CPU is at 1%. Maybe my system is an overkill.

I was successfully using an older version of this blueprint and decided to update it to v2.3 for some of the newer features. I just realized that after selecting the option to “Use The Maximum Humidity” I neglected to select the Bathroom Humidity Sensor entity. The result was that after a Home Assistant restart the bath fans came on even though the derivative remained at zero. After setting the humidity sensor and restarting the fans did not turn on as expected. Perhaps in the GUI you could disable (grey out) the option to “Enable the maximum humidity option” if a humidity sensor hasn’t been selected. Maybe the same thing for the Maximum Humidity slider.

@mightybosstone

Yea agree it would be nice to have but I dont think the selectors have this option and is the reason I put the Note there.

Glad you got it working and thanks for your suggestion.

Not a Blueprint, but I have the Smart Irrigation Integration installed and it allows items to be hidden if a radio button is not selected. So it may be posible?

I’m running HA on a RPi 4 with no CPU issues

1 Like

I use this to do zwave siwtch control with zigbee humidity sensors. If the humidity derivative falls below the enable set point (but does not disable) and then goes back above the enable criteria it will rapidly switch the switch on and off. It would be nice if there was a check to verify the automation is already on and not re command a switch that was already commanded on by the auomtation.

Below shows the rapid cycling.

This looks to be your humidity sensor and it was stopped on a condition.

What should I be looking for in the humidity sensor? I have max humidity set but it never goes above or below max. Is it possible if it blips unavailable for a split second it would do that?

If you like I can look at your YAML.

To do this can you please provide us your YAML of the automation? This YAML code are the settings you have selected in the automation so I can help. To do this go into your automation, top right 3 dots, Edit in YAML, copy all the code, come back to the forum and in your reply at the top tool bar click on “</>” and paste code in there.

alias: Humidity Contorl - Master Bathroom Fan
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/bathroom-humidity-exhaust-fan.yaml
  input:
    trigger: sensor.master_bathroom_humidity
    fan_switch:
      entity_id: switch.master_bathroom_fan
    rising_humidity: 2
    falling_humidity: -2
    time_out: 30
    include_max_humidity: maximum_humidity_enabled
    max_humidity: 75
    include_winter_mode: winter_mode_disabled
    month_winter_mode: []
    winter_rising_humidity: 4
    winter_falling_humidity: -4
    winter_include_max_humidity: maximum_humidity_disabled
    winter_max_humidity: 60
    include_manual_fan_switch: enable_manual_fan_switch_auto_off
    manual_fan_switch:
      - switch.master_bathroom_fan
    manual_fan_switch_time_delay: 60
    bathroom_humidity_sensor: sensor.master_bathroom_environment_humidity
    time_delay: 20

Thanks for your help!!! I have it in three bathrooms with the same switches and zigbee aqara sensors and it does it on all three.