📳 Appliance Notifications & Actions - Washing Machine - Clothes Dryer - Dish Washer - ETC

@Robert_Shed

This is only for the ‘Power Tracking - Cost per kWh’ helper.

In the USA normally your rate per kWh is less than $1. So setting 1 represents the maximum the value can go. So if you set your min to 0 and your max to 1 use the slider and see how it works. Then set your electricity rate per kWh that is shown on your bill.

Blacky :smiley:

@eMerzh

All good glad your up and running.

Hello @Blacky, I use notification groups to send out notifications. Can you add them to the drop down menu? Same for Alexa devices?
This avoids creating custom actions for this.
And my dishwasher is going to 0 watts somwhere in between for quite some time. Is it possible to add a second trigger for the end notification. Like if counter went to 0 watts the second time, send notfication. I could work around it with setting a delay of 15 mins, but then also the finish notification will come very late.
The dead zone does not help as the washer has a sensor that measures the turbidity of the rinsing water and the cleaning cycle can varie a lot based on this. The dip to 0 usually happens in the last 20-30 mins during drying process.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Hey @Blacky :star_struck:

I have a HACS integration (Energi Data Services) which fetches spot prices from the area im living in, in Denmark. It gives me a sensor called (sensor.energi_data_service) which represent the precise kWh price.

Is it possible for me to use this instead of a Helper in - “Power Tracking - Cost per kWh”?

Thanks in advance :sunglasses:

@klunkefar

Absolutely, I’ll update the blueprint to allow you to select the sensor directly. Just keep in mind that the blueprint calculates the cost based on the sensor’s price at the time of completion. Since the sensor’s price can fluctuate, the accuracy of the calculated cost may vary.

Stay tuned for the update.

New Update 1.9

New Feature :new:

• Power Tracking - Cost per kWh - You can now select your energy sensor to specify the electricity rate per kWh.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

4 Likes

Thank you very much! :heart_eyes:

Your welcome… thanks for reaching out and your feedback.

2 Likes

It works :tada: … thanks :slight_smile:
i just noticed that i had to launch a dryer, then a quick “re-dry” and it notified me once correctly then with a negative consumption… i’ll have to confirm this and try to gather more info

@eMerzh

:partying_face:

Make sure you have a start and a end helper (2 helpers) and make sure nothing else is using it (another automation). You kWh should go up not down and your cost should be positive. Let me know if that is not the case.

Hi,
First of all, a word of praise: Very cool blueprint!

Now to my problem :wink:

With my dishwasher, the maximum 5 minute End - Power Time Delay is not enough. My dishwasher is virtually finished and drops to under 1W. But then it still needs about 20 to 30 minutes until it is finally finished. I think it still uses the residual heat for drying.
I now get the finished notification from the automation, but my dishwasher still shows that it is running for quite a while.

Unfortunately, I can’t enter 20 minutes in the field, for example, it is immediately framed in red and the message says that a maximum of 5 minutes is allowed.

Current I have two automations for my washer. One is to notify when it hits rinse so I can add fabric softener because my machine has no dispenser. Both have the same starting power but the second one checks if a helper for a fabric softener switch is on. If so when it gets below 13w for 4 minutes it’ll notify to add fabric softener and turn off the helper so that it doesn’t notify for fabric softener again when the wash is finished. Then the washer finished script runs when it’s under 5 watts for 5 minutes.

Is there any simpler way to do this with this blueprint instead of needing 2 automations?

@firebowl

Simply type the number in you would like (20 minutes) and click save.

@squishyoctopus

Firstly welcome to the community :wave:

Currently you would need to use two automation. Most current washing machines have a automatic fabric softener but I will add this to my list for further consideration and talk to family and friends about this.

I could have figured it out myself. Thought it wouldn’t work because the description says 5 minutes. I will test it, thank you!

@firebowl

No problem at all, your welcome.

1 Like

Thanks for considering it. I rent and when they replaced my old washer they went with a cheap GE top loader. I honestly would have paid the difference if they let me choose a better model lol

Having 2 scripts should be less of an issue now that they’re adding organization features to the next home assistant.

Yeah no problem, hopefully they can update you.

Sorry, what am i meant to put in here?
Power Tracking - Power Sensor

If you are using the energy cost notification then this would be a power monitoring plug or device. You would select the Total Energy entity so that the script can obtain the consumption and operate off that.