868 MHz controllers?

Thanks for the reply

For what is worth, I have soldered a few reed relays to the push button contacts of a 433 MHz remote control. And connected the relays to Arduino UNO output pins.

Arduino runs Firmata image and is connected through USB to the Intel NUC that runs Home Assistant.

Has been working flawlessly since about a year.

And the total cost is pretty low. Approx.:

• 10€ for Arduino UNO
  • 10€ for a 4 channel remote control
  • 5€ for a PCB and 4 reed relays

You can lower costs even more if you really try.

OpenMQTTGateway supports CC1101 (you can retrieve or command throught MQTT from HA), after the difficulty is to catch the adequate protocol, knowing that there is less support for 868mhz ones against 433mhz.
But if I had to do it, I would just try with RF or Pilight (gateways available with OpenMQTTGateway)

Hi @helgemor looks like RFP1000 is the only solution so far ? Or have you come across any other solution ?

i am trying to control the window shutters at home that are RF & working on 868mhz. please let me know if you have found any alternative or can you direct me to show to use RFP1000 to automatize the shutters ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @progbite,
your repo looks great and therefore, I tried it out. Unfortunately, the GPIO pin #7 of my RPi3 is occupied by a RaZberry daughter card (main purpose of this RPI being used as Z-wave gateway). Therefore, I have two questions:

1. Would it be possible to reconfigure another GPIO pin (between pin 11 and 40) to be used for the RF 868MHz antenna?
  2. If option one is not possible: would it be possible to use the radio receiver USB dongle (RTL-SDR with RTL2832U chipset) instead for also sending/replaying the 868MHz signals previously recoreded from a remote?

Would be great to get one of these options to work…

Hi @Thomsen

I’d buy a sperate raspberry pi because the radio signal transmitting range is short.

I don’t know if the pins can be reconfigured. I didn’t write the Pi radio code. Maybe check with them:

The USB dongle can only receive. It can’t transmit.