A different take on an alarm system

I’m sure it’s possible, but I don’t know how to do it.

Many thanks for this and I love the concept!I am really keen to implement this, are there any plan to continue with it and fix the errors?

Ideally this should replace the built in manual alarm panel!

2 Likes

After upgrading HASS to 0.41, I’m getting following error, anyone else getting this?

17-04-09 17:40:48 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel] Error while setting up platform bwalarm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 148, in _async_setup_platform
    entity_platform.async_schedule_add_entities, discovery_info
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Fully agree. This is the alarm most of us need or want. Someone please code this into the manual alarm platform! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would suggest to upvote Manual Alarm and get some kind soul (maybe @pvizeli ?) to integrate the changes done in https://github.com/drytoastman/haconfig/blob/master/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.py in a backwards compatible way? :slight_smile:

Upvoted +1

Upvoted +1

Did you manage to solve this problem as I getting it also?

I dont believe anyone has since the newer versions of HASS. I guess I am just wondering if it is a minor coding change or a fundamental rewrite of his bwalarm.py
In other words is it even fixable? I took a stab at seeing where the issue was but was not able to solve with my limited knowledge of python.

2 Likes

Upvoted +1

1 Like

The issue is just with the alarm panel. The component works fine, all my automation based on the alarm status are all working as expected.

So the fix would be to migrate to the new “standard” the HTML panel code.

It will be great if someone could migrate it to the new “standard”

2 Likes

Hmm i am still getting this error even after removing the custom panel:

2017-07-08 21:00:35 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel] Error while setting up platform bwalarm
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 150, in _async_setup_platform
entity_platform.async_schedule_add_entities, discovery_info
File “/home/hass/.homeassistant/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.py”, line 60, in async_setup_platform
yield from async_add_devices([alarm])
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not iterable

Sorry to disappear for a while. I’ve recently update my stuff to work with 0.49. The current outstanding piece is that the alarm panel doesn’t scroll. Trying to figure that out now.

4 Likes

Good to have you back :wink:

Awesome! I had reverted back to the regular manual control panel. Still like this one better so I will give it a shot.

Good timing too as this combined with Pkozul’s floorplan makes for a very promising alarm system with no monthly fees.

Haven’t tested extensively but it set up with no errors and seems to be working again! Thanks!

I have followed the instructions as per the first post. The panel displays but no sensors are visible under “Delayed Alarms”, “Immediate Alarms” and “Inactive Sensors”. What am I missing?

really a good alarm panel, THE BEST ALARM PANEL!
i configuring it to send me a notification (by push bullet) when an alarm is triggered. is it possibile to have this notification with the name of the sensor that was triggered?