Manual Alarm

Hi all,

I would like to know if it possible to introduce a new feature for the Manual Alarm.

At the moment when a trigger call the alarm you go in this status: alarm_away -> pending -> triggered.

This has sense to have a delay to switch off the alarm if for example you open the hallway door and have to insert a pin code to disable it.

For other cases like an open window, you want the alarm to be triggered immediately, this could be achieved if in the automation that will call the alarm we would be able to pass also the data for the new status, changing it directly to ā€œtriggeredā€.

Is this something could be implemented in the next releases ?

thanks!

Hello!

I think this is basically what has been integrated with A different take on an alarm system by @drytoastman
It would be great to expand the current manual alarm component with the options, so it would be backwards compatible and no additional component would be required.

1 Like

+1 for that i think the way drytoastman had laid it out was a perfect ā€˜manual control panelā€™ but no longer works

1 Like

iā€™m interested in emulating the ā€œpanic buttonā€ that a lot of home security systems have, so it would be nice to have a trigger_now/trigger_immediately/panic service that overrides pending time.

alternatively, maybe pending_time could be passed as data to alarm_trigger.

there are ways around this obviously. iā€™m currently testing a panic button by using 2 separate manual alarm control panels with non-zero and zero pending times, but it feels clunkier than having 1 alarm.

iā€™ve seen drytoastmanā€™s component, but i donā€™t want to group entities separately; i just want a service to trigger the alarm immediately.

2 Likes