A different take on designing a Lovelace UI

Hey are you even getting an image on recently added for Plex? I dont even get a proper image to show…

Hi!

I assume youve setup your Voordeur card to light up when the door opens. Could you perhaps share your code for this? I’ve been trying to get that to work but for some reason just cant. Thx fellow dutchie :wink:

Hi all,

do you anybody know why I have broken that “Vardagsrum”? I tried to delete it (that grid) and then I had broken “Studio” grid.

I tried to modify a lot of stuff but…without result… I am lost

Thanks in advance

I would like to edit the title area of ​​the grid to show when motion is detected in this area. I don’t care if with an icon as you can see in the image or even editing, for example, the color of the name of the area.

I have tried to do it in many ways (ie. card_mod) but I have not succeeded, can someone help me?

type: grid
title: Vardagstrum
view_layout:
grid-area: vardagstrum
columns: 1
cards:

Yes
I use this repo : GitHub - NemesisRE/sensor.plex_recently_added: ▶️ Plex component to feed Upcoming Media Card.

Check this:

Can anyone help me with this? I am using a smart power plug that tracks the amount of power it uses, based on which I have created a button. I’ve setup an if statement so when the power usage is above 10w, the button says the computer is online (which it is). However, when that happens and the PC is on, the button itself stays white. I’ve tried everything I know but cant seem to get it to work, can anyone check my code and see whats going wrong? Thanks!

- type: custom:button-card
            entity: sensor.plug_gamingpc_power
            name: Computer
            template:
              - base
              - icon_tv
              - loader
            custom_fields:
              icon: >
                <ha-icon icon="mdi:server" style="color: #9da0a2;"></ha-icon>
              circle: >
                [[[
                  if (entity) {
                    return `
                      <svg viewBox="0 0 50 50">
                        <circle cx="25" cy="25" r="20.5" stroke="#313638" stroke-width="2" fill="rgba(255,255,255,0.00)" />
                        <text x="50%" y="54%" fill="#8d8e90" font-size="14" text-anchor="middle" alignment-baseline="middle" dominant-baseline="middle">${parseInt(entity.state)}<tspan font-size="10"> W</tspan></text>
                      </svg>
                    `;
                  }
                ]]]
            tap_action:
              action: call-service
              service: automation.trigger
              service_data:
                entity_id: automation.kantoor_aan
            state_display: >
              [[[
                if (entity.state > 10) {
                    return 'On';
                }
                if (entity.state > 10) {
                    return 'Off';
                }
              ]]]
1 Like

maybe create a binary sensor

already tried that, didnt work. Gave me the same result, everything state wise worked fine, but I couldn’t get the actual button to change color based on state.

I have a washing machine made on a binary sensor. Above 10W the card lights up white - on

Can you share your code to see if I can adjust it with my own sensors?

I believe I see an error in your state display code. Both on and off are expecting an entity.state greater than 10.

Oh yeah, had already fixed that right after I posted here and it still didnt work. Good eye tho! :wink:

Sorry. Above 2W the sensor is on.

- platform: template

sensors:

pralka:

friendly_name: "Pralka"

value_template: "{{ states('sensor.pralka_energy_power')|float > 2.0 }}"

Just created this, the state once again works, it reports as true, but doesn’t light up the button. Whats your button code?

- type: custom:button-card
            entity: binary_sensor.pralka
            name: Pralka   
            state_display: >
              [[[ if (variables.state === true) return variables.translate_unknown; 
                  if (entity.state == 'on') return 'Pranie';
                  if (entity.state == 'off') return 'Wyłączona';
              ]]]     
            double_tap_action:
              !include popup/pralka.yaml                 
            template:
              - base
              - icon_washing

Same thing, doesn’t turn on, but it also doesn’t show the return values that you setup. I 1-1 copied your code and only changed my entity to sensor.gamingpc_status and it didnt work…

Very strange because the binary sensor returns the state on or off. So if there is, the card should light up.

Getting this error but have installed mushroom ui, anyone know how I can fix this?

I am using popups on my dashboard. I am trying to figure how to do a media query and return two different sizes. On my mobile, I want it to be fullscreen. On any other device, I want it to be normal size. Right now, on my two dashboards I am currently using two different popups. I would like to consolidate it all into one popup.

mobile popup

action: fire-dom-event
browser_mod:
  service: browser_mod.popup
  data:
    title: Bathroom
    size: fullscreen
    content:

other device popup

action: fire-dom-event
browser_mod:
  service: browser_mod.popup