A different take on designing a Lovelace UI

completely overlooked your upload…thanks!!
quick question…your weather icon on the sidebar is animated…thats to much for my old nexus 10 tablet…can you give me a hint how to make the image static?
thank you :slight_smile:

I think I used some other weather card than standard. The standard Hass weather card uses static icons IIRC.

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m forced to start over or simply give up. I don’t know exactly since when, but performance of my dashboard totally plummeted. It only loads fully in less than 50% of the cases I open it.

Great job Mattias! Really nice design!! @Arthur_Morgan Could you share the animated icons code of the ceiling light and the floor light? I have the exact same lights in my house and they would be really helpful :slight_smile:

Why its not showing the icon, if I created a new onw in the button_card_templates.yaml?
I try something like this:

icon_steckdose:
    styles:
      custom_fields:
        icon_hue:
          - top: 11%
          - left: 4.5%
          - width: 3.05vw
          - position: absolute
    custom_fields:
      icon_steckdose: >
        <svg viewBox="0 0 50 50">
          <path d="M7.5,10.5A1.5,1.5 0 0,1 9,12A1.5,1.5 0 0,1 7.5,13.5C6.66,13.5 6,12.83 6,12A1.5,1.5 0 0,1 7.5,10.5M16.5,10.5A1.5,1.5 0 0,1 18,12A1.5,1.5 0 0,1 16.5,13.5A1.5,1.5 0 0,1 15,12A1.5,1.5 0 0,1 16.5,10.5M4.22,2H19.78C21,2 22,3 22,4.22V19.78A2.22,2.22 0 0,1 19.78,22H4.22C3,22 2,21 2,19.78V4.22A2.22,2.22 0 0,1 4.22,2M12,4A8,8 0 0,0 4,12A8,8 0 0,0 12,20A8,8 0 0,0 20,12A8,8 0 0,0 12,4Z" />
        </svg>

and in the ui-lovelace.yaml:

- type: custom:button-card
            entity: switch.wohnzimmermultimedia
            triggers_update: switch.wohnzimmermultimedia
            name: Steckdose
            style:
              top: 20.35%
              left: 41.41%
              width: 10%
            tap_action:
              action: call-service
              service: switch.toggle
              service_data:
                entity_id: switch.wohnzimmermultimedia
            template: 
              - base
              - icon_steckdose

I dont get it, sorry. :frowning:

You’re styling icon_hue, change that to icon_steckdose

1 Like

What is the purpose of this automation? Is it to get rid of the reload problem when the tablet screen is off for a certain amount of time?

- alias: lovelace_updated_ignore
    mode: restart
    initial_state: true
    trigger:
      - platform: event
        event_type: lovelace_updated
    action:
      - service: browser_mod.toast
        data:
          duration: 1

Is your side-bar still working actually? because there is an issue actually with the integration.

No, It’s to get rid of the persistent “The Lovelace UI configuration for this dashboard was updated, refresh to see changes?”

E8B6A368-9AFA-4912-907E-7FE09BF5A2CB

Here is my custom field for Ambilight (Hyperion)

Thanks @Mattias_Persson for enlightening me

9 Likes

for a few days I have a slowdown in the user interface with a custom theme on my tablet, when I deactivate the theme everything returns to work … did I forget to change something?
browser_mod or other?
I’m in a panic because I haven’t been much behind the config lately (it was all stable in the last month).
I use Fully
Thanks

Same, haven’t had time to figure it out but I’m pretty sure card-mod is the culprit. In chrome dev tools theres some <card-mod> elements updating several times a second.

1 Like

Same here. It’s really slow since few days. If i load the interface on laptop webbrowser, it is much smoother.

I don’t use this lovelace design, but have my design in a similar setup (picture-elements as base). I noticed since a week my tablet is basically useless suddenly over night. Since I also heavily use card-mod I hope this is the case.

The tablet doesn’t even load up my complete dashboard anymore or has a delay of 10-15 minutes when I look at the clock. Basically it’s frozen.

Desktop works fine, since that is much more powerful. Also iPad works fine, but also that one is more poweful (though it is a pretty old one, iPad Pro 1st gen). Or perhaps it’s some issue that doesn’t affect webkit browsers…?

1 Like

Same here, as mentioned earlier, A different take on designing a Lovelace UI. it basically doesn’t load the full layout anymore. I think it struggles (and won’t load) the markdown cards anymore. Maybe styling of those is broken with updated card-mod.

Would be awesome if this could be fixed. I started already a new from your latest source. But I guess I’ll wait for now. Another option is to move back to native lovelace. With some added cards I guess I can come fairly close to this design. The only challenge is probably the dynamic media thing.

If you come that far, please also let me know.

I just started but got a problem already.

• The size of the time is std. Where is it defined to have a bigger font?
  • Any idea in how to make it fit an Iphone screen? Get rid of Kiosk?

Great job! The popup, audio and Hue works fantastic!

Is there any way to add “clickable” text in the sidebar that will open a popup? If i use the default link entity function, the text get underlined and bold, but i cannot click on the items in teh bar @Mattias_Persson

Try Markdown:

type: markdown
content: >-
  My favorite search engine is [Duck Duck Go](https://duckduckgo.com).

Hi can you share a very fast guide to install/integrate your UI?