A lot of things not working after Core update

Hassio on Pi4

I have just upgraded to the latest core (core-2021.7.4) from (core_2021.6.6) and a LOT of things aren’t working correctly.

I had the same issue when the core-2021.7.0 came out, so I rolled it back as I didn’t have the time to fix.

• Most of my Aquara stuff isn’t working, but some of it is
  • Some of my ESPHome stuff isn’t working, I have and energy meter (pulse counter) that is working fine on the ESP, but not picked up in HA, even though an LED on the same device is being picked up.
  • Nest Integration (Thermostat)
  • Some of my Mobile App stuff
  • Plex Media Server
  • seventeentrack
  • Logitech Harmony
  • systemmonitor
  • ASUSWRT
  • Waze Travel Time

and some others.

I can try to provide more info on request.

Please help as I have no idea!

I have run ‘ha core check’ and the only thing it comes back with is …

" AttributeError: module 'base64' has no attribute 'decodestring'"

screenshot1

My log contains a LOT of this …

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 92, in async_setup_component
return await setup_tasks[domain] # type: ignore
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/discovery.py", line 163, in async_load_platform
setup_success = await setup.async_setup_component(hass, component, hass_config)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 92, in async_setup_component
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 1069, in async_forward_entry_setup
result = await async_setup_component(self.hass, domain, self._hass_config)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 1069, in async_forward_entry_setup

Anyone have any ideas? I can’t update without this happening.

I’ve got a second pi for testing, installed the latest version, but when I restore from snapshot, this happens.

I’ve tried ha core rebuild with no luck, I’ll keep trying things until I get it going.

Last stable version for me was 21.6.6.

After a lot of searching, I found This Thread where someone had a similar issue, turns out to be an out of date custom component.