A new subcategory for Rhasspy development ? (not just integration into HA)

Hello @balloob ,

Here is a discussion about a space needed to talk about developing Rhasspy, a full open-source, privacy focused, from wakeword to intent handling voice-assistant.

There is a recent activity mainly because we are a lot of users migrating from snips (privately held voice-assistant without future after they’ve been bought by sonos) and thinking that the Rhasspy development made by @synesthesiam is very promising and impressive.

Some want to discuss here and create one topic by Rhasspy subsystem being developed. I think we have to avoid that. There will be many topics and they will be mixed among the others voice assistants.

Some want to migrate to a fully external service (discord…) but I think it is a pity not to stay tunned here as I think Rhasspy and HA share a lot, about opensource, architecture openess, privacy, and home assistance.

So my question is : could you create a Rhasspy subcategory and give the control to the Rhasspy founder @synesthesiam ?

Regards,

farfade

7 Likes

I second that. It would be very useful.

It would be awesome.

+1 :slight_smile:

Has my vote.
This is going to become very popular very quickly.

Would it be worth moving this topic to:
https://community.home-assistant.io/c/feature-requests
So people can vote on this?

I’m in! :sunglasses:

Here we go !

Proof it! :crazy_face:

There is a voice assistant category and it’s still manageable. It doesn’t seem necessary yet to split put Rhasspy.