A refreshed logo for Home Assistant!

Absolutely agree.
NC made a new logo, posted about it in a blog, people may comment this logo here, express their opinions; someone like the logo, someone does not. A very small event in a complex & troubled worldā€¦

No,they donā€™t look like a car or truck, but they also havenā€™t experienced a radical (to me) transformation in the last month. Many of them have been essentially the same for twenty to thirty years.

And how many of them changed the logo after 10 years ??

1 Like

Most of them. All the time.

Examples:

Adapting a logo to reflect your corporate identity is completely normal and happens all the time. Itā€™s likely that the HA logo will change again at some point down the road. Some people need to get over it.

2 Likes

I am not gettin itā€¦

Is ā€œothers do it all the timeā€ now an excuse for a disliked logo?
In the poll earlier in this thread 65% dislike the new logo.

Pro Question: do you actually know what the BMW Logo symbolises? Any Idea why they have not dropped it, even so they dont produce any of these for almost 80 years now?

2 Likes

Ok so Iā€™ve read back through all the messages from people who donā€™t like the logo. It seems there are two main deficits.

1. Not enough chimneys.
  2. Too simple.

So to that end I present to you, your new logo:

Iā€™ve also added a little something. The sun represents the happy go lucky accepting nature of all our users and is also a modern and relevant source of energy that will invigorate our community spirit and planet.

Iā€™m sure Balloob and the team will love it.

24 Likes

This one is more cheerful
ŠøŠ·Š¾Š±Ń€Š°Š¶ŠµŠ½ŠøŠµ

9 Likes

Almost there but I donā€™t like that only one chimney has smoke. I think they all should so that it is fair for the other chimney.

Hmm, IDK. All that smoke might indicate we are pro-pollution.

1 Like

I wonder if you take consern serious or if you are mokking the majority that dislikes the new logo.

Not sure what this would or should get you (or us for that matter).

3 Likes

But itā€™s clearly emitting bubbles. Bubbles are fun and non polluting. PR for more bubble chimneys please.

I also do not like the new logo.
But as I said before this is not a huge issue.
For me, this is a tiny issue - if compared with more important challenges near to me like a war.
Also, Nabu Casa does what it like, users cannot order them ā€œdo thisā€ or ā€œdo not do thisā€.

3 Likes

Some people are probably too well off for such a logo change to upset their minds :man_shrugging:

seems you are well enough off to belittle people.

I wonder what is so hard to understand that people dislike the new logo, want the old one back, and think their opinion matter as much as yours.

If you have a war on your doorstep to worry about, you have my sympathy.
Does that change what I and other think about the new logo? No it does not.
Do People that dislike the new logo have no worries of their own? Well certainly they do, but it seems to matter enough to them to invest the time here in order to share their viewsā€¦

Is mocking them the correct response from leading figures in the HA community?

5 Likes

Nothing wrong with that. For now none of those persons send a PR from what I see (for example) to have an option for the classic logo :man_shrugging:

Well, I only see some users making a little noise but actually for now I see none working on the issue (investing their time!) to change the status quo. Afaik HA is still open source :wink:

No no, I myself did not want to offend you. Sorry for this impression. My only intention in this thread was: express my negative opinion about the logo, then keep on leaving - there is no harm for me from the changed logo.

Maybe show them the light how to send a PR?

But why would anyone invest the time to post a PR if you and some others made it so clear that nobody cares and everybody concerned about the logo is a sissy? Just for it to be shot down and the poster beeing mocked?
I dont think anyone has a deeper interest in that.

1 Like

no worries, that was not in response to you specificallyā€¦

but moderators going out of their way to design logos that suposingly should incorporate the desired changes is ā€¦ wellā€¦ at leastā€¦ concerning.

1 Like

A brand is not designed just for current users who visit the community forum often. Sure, we recognize that a brand is part of the projectā€™s identity, but like all features that we create for HA, it is also designed for other users in everyoneā€™s houses (aka Home Approval Factor), as well as users who are not heavy enthusiasts who visit the community forum all the time, and also future users who will come across HA in a blog, a magazine, or a Works on HA badge on a third party devices.

We backed our design with market research and a set of design rationales that were already discussed in the detail the blog. So, if you have the ability to do your own market research and user research for the Home Assistant project and talk to our potential HA users, the users in the homes of our HA admins, and also future users, Iā€™m all ears.

8 Likes

Indeed. Probably not only no harm to you and me was done but the whole population of planet earth wasnā€™t harmed by the logo change/face-lift! As well no animals need to suffer :smile_cat: