A refreshed logo for Home Assistant!

So you are Captain Hindsight?

1 Like

But here only few users gave their feedback.
And some of these feedbacks were like “oh, great!”, “oh, bad!” - no positive outcome from both kinds (.
Also, first the logo was added to HA, then the thread was created.
I am not an expert in “user research”, but can THIS be called a “user research”?
Too little of users care to express their opinions. And less of them care to do it w/o offending each other(((.

1 Like

I think most would be content if they just could get the old logo back as it was. And if its only in the Areas of HA that they control, such as in the Browser, the Companion App, etc.
I wonder when Manufacturers that want to advertise their HA compatibility will change to the new logo. Something I would not do needlessly in the middle of production runs.

jeah, kind of…
obviously companys hope to learn from past mistakes, and for that they first need to identify them.
and it pays well.

Please do not come down to personal.

3 Likes

What?

Captain Hindsight is the hero the modern world needs.

In iOS you can select between a various set of icons, including the old one (which I did)

1 Like

I fail to see what your problem is dude.

Modern Companies are complex multilayerd structures with rifts between what they put on their webpage and actual lived culture. You sometimes need someone from outside pointing you to the obvious.
And you would be suprised how often I hear: “It sounded like a good idea at the time, but if you put it that way…”

3 Likes

It would have been nice to know this before now,to be honest. It doesn’t change the fact I don’t like the new logo, but it does show respect for a larger part of the user bse than it seemed was the case.

True. But they’re only offering the classic icons (Classic, Old Beta, Old Dev, Old Release) in the old “Home Assistant Blue” color and I preferred the green icon. Again, not the end of the world or anything!

agreed… hearing this after the fact, and in my eyes poor decision making plus poor introduction to the community tastes very stale.
I still wonder about this market research. I dont want to call it bafoons yet, but unless I get so see some hard evidence that a majority of HA users or key stakeholders (who?) that will join here in the next 6 months prefer the new Logo I dont belive any of this.

This is just my opinion and anyone is invited to make up his own mind, but it seems like a cheap defense instead of owning a mistake and correcting it.

1 Like

I expect few to use HA because of their logo actually! Most users deciding their home automation software based on a logo will obviously stick to FHEM!

1 Like

who said anyone is using HA because of its logo?
I hear claims the logo had to change because market research and user research said so.

So show me this data. And if there is no majority for the new logo, why change it then?

2 Likes

Sorry Madelena, but it is just a logo. This one is fine as long as the brand is consistent. I don’t care what it is. It’s what HA wants to use, it’s not offensive, it’s cost effective to reproduce on branded stuff, so I like it.

It’s the same as My corporation, me, myself, and I. I use the name Jim, prefer being called SG, and have he and him as pronouns. That’s my identity.

We had a logo what was beautiful 4 color for a 501c3. It cost a fortune, even when dumbed down to single color, to get put on shirts because of the detail. We pulled it into simple and the world went on.

If some see this as a mistake, your opinion is noted, it might be time to move on.

If you don’t like the logo, cannot get passed it, and could care less about the actual product, there is other software out there that do similar things. Time to try on their logo’s I think. You can also PR something else if you are serious about helping. Be the solution, not the problem.

I am only another user, one of hundreds who thinks it’s a waste of time to fill in the poll on a forum post because it effects their life very little if any. I’m sure if I spammed a few places I could drum up more votes for that thing as well, but it doesn’t matter. Life is more important than whining for weeks on something you cannot change in any meaningful way by groaning about it here.

7 Likes

But if you had placed the smoke 1 step up, on the same side, and bend the smoke slightly towards the sun, it could symbolize " The Wind of Change ", and you would have place for a " Waxing Moon " in the right cornert, symbolizing " Growth ", then i might considered accepting it

Airplane propeller

Most likely in their next “Production” scope, Companies can not “afford” , nor do they have reasons to show disrespect for their Products compatibility they are selling, And who would buy a device/product with an “old” Brand-Logo on it ? ( Well if it not on sale for half the price ) So think again, it’s kind of the same “situation” as you find your self now …
It’s not like it’s “stamped / welded or pressed” into their Devices, It’s on a “small sticker” “note” on the package etc. , And like most other things in a “Production-line / Scope”, it’s a “Just in Time” measurement , sort of like (what’s “in” today is “out” tomorrow) their Products Also Changes, ( Looks, performance, Features etc. etc.) so their Smal-Stickers, or “note” or Design or their package, is nothing the “Plan-Ahead”, and buy 2 tons of small-stickers, or design of their package.
So they will adapt as quick as they can, and meanwhile , hoping noone “Notice” it’s an “old” Logo, so they refuse to even consider Looking at the their Product, as it already seems “outdated” do to “wearing” an old Brand Logo( On a Small Small sticker) for one of their major Supported use-cases

Im amazed, not abort your Opinion in regards to the Logo, but because of all your bullock, it’s drowning your Opinion

Actually no. It’s the flag of the state of Bavaria, where BMW was created, named after and where their HQ is located.

Source: I drive a BMW and was curious about the logo when I first got it. So I looked it up. IIRC they explain it somewhere on their corporate website.

Edit: and this shows how a well designed logo can spark curiosity about a brand and helps to build brand recognition :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well damn, I fell victim to that common myth about the propeller.i do know difference between Beamer and Bimmer though. ,:grin:

1 Like

Correct:
https://www.bmw.com/en/automotive-life/bmw-logo-meaning-history1.html

And that is why they will never dump that “propeller” logo, even so it never was one in the first place.
Its brand recognition… and as so many have put it side by side here… unless I would be using HA I would not recognise the new logo as belonging to HA.