Accessing pip or python on Home Assistant OS

Hi.

First time poster and definitely asking a bone headed question here. I’ve got HA up and running on a RPi4 using HAOS. I can access the terminal in the browser (and turned on SSH recently as I figured it may give me more options).

I’m trying to uninstall and reinstall miniaudio as per the instructions here; https://community.home-assistant.io/t/tts-on-homepod-mini/302131

apk update
apk add build-base
pip3 uninstall --yes miniaudio
pip3 install miniaudio

I can run the first two commands but pip3 and python cannot be accessed. Presumably python must be available and running somewhere otherwise I have no clue how HA is running. Any pointers?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart

You are probably SSHing into the host and not into the Home Assistant docker container. Python is running inside the container.
Just for your information, everything you’ll do inside the container will be wiped once the container is rebuilt (update of Home Assistant).

Thanks @Burningstone - yep that would be it. Figured out how to get in now and do that.

Looks like the linked thread mentions that. Still not got it working but I have at least been able to access python/pip in the home assistant container.