šŸ”” Actionable notifications for Android

Havenā€™t tested this myself, but you could try removing the quotes around ā€˜trigger_entityā€™? Leave the ones around ā€˜cleaningā€™ though.
I think trigger_entity is a defined name in that blueprint so wouldnā€™t need any quotes around it.

I was to try this change, but I have detected the problem: I wrote vacum instead on vacuum when configuring the automation.
Thanks for your comment.

I already do have sensors which detect the status, Iā€™m just not sure how to use the ā€œHelperā€ in this blueprint to detect it. Iā€™ve got a myQ so cover.garage_door detects it, but I donā€™t know how to use the input_boolean helper to detect that I guess.

1 Like

Like @ganastor, Iā€™m wondering how to make the input_boolean give the information I want. For example, if I want to trigger it when sensor.front_door is open, do I create a helper called ā€œinput_boolean.front_door_openā€ or something like that? Right now ā€œinput_boolean.input_booleanā€ is the name of the helper, and I canā€™t figure out how to use it in an automation.

Also, how would I add a condition to an automation with this blueprint? For example, I want to receive a notification if itā€™s after 23:00 and before 06:00 and the alarm is disarmed. The notification would allow me to Arm Home, Arm Away, or Open the alarm app. I know how to configure the actions for this automation, I just donā€™t know how to detect the condition properly.

Fantastic idea but I would like to use my working automation how I can edit it? Boolean shows me nothing in this blueprint.

Oh! Iā€™m sorry. The way I use this blueprint is I have the blue print setup to do what I want. Basically just create any input_boolean and in the blueprint select whatever one you created. Continue on and setup the blueprint however you like, to do what ever action you want. THEN create a NEW automation with a trigger of whatever you need (like your sensor being activated), then the ACTION is to turn on the input_boolean that you created. Then whenever your sensor is TRIGGERED, it will cause the input_boolean.turn_on action. When this input_boolean is triggered, it will fire your other Actionable notification. So your using 2 different automations basically one for your blue print, then another one to fire the notification.

Sorry if iā€™m not explaining it very well. My case I have a washing machine that I want to notify me when it completes, but Iā€™d like an option to receive a reminder in 5 minutes or stop the notifications. I have a smart plug monitoring the power usage of my washer so that when the power goes below a certain level, it triggers an automation. The action from this trigger is my input_boolean. Then I use this blueprint with the same input_boolean. So when my washing machine automation fires, it simply fires this actionable notification. Think of the input_boolean as your trigger, but your putting it as an action for another automation.

4 Likes

Thanks, I think Iā€™ve almost got it. So in my example, I create an automation that says if sensor.alarm=disarmed and time is between 2300 and 0600, set input_boolean.alarm_not_set to ON. Then I use your blueprint to create another automation that says if input_boolean.alarm_not_set is ON, then perform the notification actions. Does that sound about right? Thanks again for this blueprint @vorion ; I think Iā€™m going to find numerous uses for it once I get a handle on how to employ it correctly.

EDIT: Thatā€™s exactly what I needed to do. Although Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll refine it, I created an action with a trigger of 23:00. If the alarm control panel is disarmed, it calls service input_boolean.turn_on for input_boolean.alarm_not_set_at_night.

Then the second automation uses your blueprint. When alarm_not_set_at_night is set to on, I receive a notification ā€œThe Alarm is not set.ā€ The choices are Arm Home, Arm Away, and Open Simplisafe.

I tested by turning off the alarm and then firing the 1st automation. Immediately I saw the second automation was triggered as well, and in a few seconds I received the notification. I tested opening the app and setting to home; both worked fine although Arming Home didnā€™t work on the first try. Iā€™m chalking that up to the remote connection from my phone far away to home. In any event, if I select arm home and I donā€™t see it arm quickly, I can then open Simplisafe and arm it from there. FYI, the input boolean turns itself off after the trigger. No need to manually turn it back off. Itā€™s sitting there ready to check again at 23:00 tomorrow.

Thanks again for the blueprint and for the explanation by @kodeypatterson !

1 Like

Thanks a ton for explaining! I havenā€™t been able to find a lot of good documentation on the helpers, and the youtube videos I watched all use node red, so I was a little unsure how to use them. Your explanation helped a ton, so tyty!

1 Like

Is there a way to make a script an actionable notification. I tried some time ago but wasnā€™t able to.

Is it possible to send a notification after certain conditions are met?
(eg send a notification of a sensor triggered only if alarm is armed)

Wonderful blueprint!

I wonder if this could be extended to choose the possibility to remove the notification automatically when the binary sensor comes back to off position.

For instance, I would use this automation to notify me that my garage door is open so that I can run the action to close it. But if it is closed manually it would be wonderful to get the notification removed from my phone automatically.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure, that your blueprint is messing with my input_boolean.
Iā€™ve attached my existing input_boolean (which sets from 0 to 1 when I got home). This blueprint resets it to 0 again immediately :frowning:

Did you find a way around this? For now Iā€™m just creating two automations, one for each phone.

Iā€™m having the same issue with my setup. :+1:

Turning off the input_boolean is in the automation, lines 120 and 121:

- service: input_boolean.turn_off
  entity_id: !input 'trigger_entity'

You might try commenting out those lines or deleting them and see if the automation still works for you. I havenā€™t tried it myself because Iā€™m using a boolean that I want turned off.

That did the trick. Works like I was expecting now.

Great job,thanks!

Found a typo in action_2uri:

update to

action_2_uri:
      name: URI for action 2 (Optional)
      description: Optional URI for the second action
      default: ""

really cool, thanks

I thought Iā€™d mention in this thread, I used bits of this blueprint to make my own! Thanks for your awesome blueprint!

Hey, Iā€™m looking at using your blueprint to notify on activity detected by a camera. Great job on that, thanks for sharing!
I changed the trigger to an input_text instead of an input_boolean, that works well. That input_text captured the message sent by the camera on detection. Do you know if there is a way to have that message as notification title? Iā€™ve tried to use {{ trigger.to_state }} without successā€¦ removing the brackets doesnā€™t work either, template isnā€™t resolvedā€¦
Any help would be welcomed! cheers