Add Elna to Home Assistant?

Imagine my disappointment, just got our PV installed and looking into if I should change our ELNA to MQTT-based dongle - finding this thread only to realize that the API “broke” only 1 day ago… Hoping it will come back!

Yes, I can understand that disappointment very well. Is there anyone who might be able to inquire with EON? Possibly ask for an API document? If it is known what needs to be changed, I can adjust the python library accordingly.

1 Like

I also had my elna stop responding to local querys when it was upgraded to 1.7.41 the other day.

So I tcpdumped the traffic from EON to ELNA and it does not use the cleartext json api for other than the “/info” request. curl http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/info returns {"id":"xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx","mf":"NET2GRID","model":"SBWF4602","fw":"1.7.41","hw":1,"batch":"HMX-P1D-221025"}

1 Like

Is there some way to downgrade the device and break the cloud connection? I understand if you probably can’t give us info on this. But I have to try :slight_smile:

Why would you want to do that? Why would you want to downgrade? Anyway, if you did want to downgrade, that would mean you would have to have access to previous versions of the firmware of the device, and i have no knowledge of where previous versions are stored and available.

I would think you can block the device from transferring data to the internet by blocking it in the router? Depends on your router and setup how to do that, but as an example have a look at How to Turn Off Your Child’s Internet with Their IP Addresses - Safes .

Not sure whether that would accomplish what you want; i know Pure Energie is using a cloud service for what is called NILM, ‘disaggregation’, trying to understand what device is using what part of the energy from peaks in energy ( 5 appliances’ unique energy consumption signature (net2grid.com) for some insight): blocking the device from transferring data would make that disaggregation impossible; seeing the limited data the device supplies locally, and afaik some nice smart meter reading gadgets available reading from the P1 port supplying more data, not sure why you would want to block the device from transferring data…

A downgrade would bring back the functionality to work with Home Assistant.

Sorry: since you addressed me, i assumed you were talking about the device deployed by Pure Energie. Seems like you’re talking about an Elna device? I know nothing about that device… You might want to check with EON.

I think the older FW had the API open. Hence I thought the downgrade and cloud block could solve the HA situation. Yes,. I’m talking about the Elna device. I thought the device is the same.

I sent an mail to Eon and humbly asked if they could release an upgrade with an open API and referred to this thread.

I have no idea if that email ends up with someone who actually understand the content, but fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Adding: Also posted on Facebook. Got replys on both channels saying “thank you for your interest in Elna, we will forward it to the developers”.

2 Likes

For the record: I received a reply from Eon indicating that the support person had no idea what has happened and that I was far from the first to report the problem. I stated why I would look into alternative providers unless this was quickly addressed - in the current state, this is basically ME providing EON with detailed information about my home with hardly any benefit for me.

I messaged to them on FB and got “you’d better call us” response. I will call them also.
It is possible they will open it up again, as there is absolute nothing to loose for them. Except few happy customers, who enjoyed the integration.

1 Like

Is there any news from EON about this?

Hello,
I have the same device from NEN (Italian power company) and the version is:
{“id”:“XXXXXXXXX”,“mf”:“NET2GRID”,“model”:“DNWF3902”,“fw”:“1.7.52”,“hw”:4,“batch”:“HMX-DIN-200911”}

HA detects it through the Pure energie add-on but it loses the connection.
Any change to change the firmware?

Hello
Has EON returned with information and is there a solution to the ELNA problem?

Is there another solution to be able to read the HAN port on the meter so that you can get data to HA?
Is there a solution to connect readers to the HAN port, I think ELNA needs to remain and another dongle for HA?

Hi,
When my device was working, it became unavailable in HA from time to time.
Not sure how often or for how long, but it happened…

The EON support people that I’ve talked to claim to have forwarded my messages to the developers who locked this down, but I’ve heard nothing more. :frowning: I guess downgrading is technically a possibility, but getting the old firmware is probably going to be tricky. I’ll give them the benefit of a doubt over the summer and if I hear nothing positive I’ll probably move to Tibber instead. :man_shrugging:

I hope after the vaccation period in Sweden is over, they’ll unlock it again.

Hi
Any news about this topic I want order one but I read this thread and I don’t know if order one or any suggestion for other dongle my eon is Landis+Gyr E360 LTE (Sweden)
Thank you

Elna went to garbage where it belongs.

Bought this one. Cheap, also small dongle, works with Swedish (and most other) smartmeters. Shows total and 3 separate phases. Doesn’t require external power.

Has HA integration, popped right up.

HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Meter - HomeWizard

2 Likes

The best thing you all can do is contact EON and ask them if they can deactivate the authentication on the local API through a firmware update via their supplier (NET2GRID). The more often this request comes, the better they get an impression of how important it is.

1 Like