Add integration for Hisense devices using ConnectLife

So I use dehumidifiers from Hisense that use the Connectlife app. Ive tried to see if its Tuya compatiable, but wont learn on the platform, however something about the interface in the ConnectLife App screams Tuya, but maybe its just me.

Is anyone working on a integration for Connectlife?

So, did you try using tuya app with your humidifier?

I did, it fails to add. So that tells me its possibly incompatible.

hello, same problem here: i have a new HiSense air conditioner that has a new wi-fi module that uses ConnectLife to control it and actually there is no integration for it on home assistant.

1 Like

Hi colleagues. Same here. I have a new HiSense Air conditioner, with the Wifi module and I was expecting HA integration. I though I could make it working with the existing one, but I have seen that I have the ConnectLife app that is not supported.

Any idea if anyone is working on it, or I should try to buy one of the other Wifi adapters? Thank you always!
Raul

Hi all

I’ve asked ConnectLife support if they have plans to release their API or any connection method and here is their answer:

"At the moment, it is not possible to integrate ConnectLife in any smart home system, as we do not have a »public API«.

I can not confidently say for the future, so at the moment, unfortunately, it is not possible."

So, do not buy HISENSE air machines if you plan to connect to ANY domotic system. No posibility to integrate.

I hope they change his mind, for their own business shake…
Thank you, community!
Raul

2 Likes

do you think of we prepare a petition or an email that we send in group maybe hisense will think to implement API service in his system ?

3 Likes

Couldnt hurt I guess

1 Like

Yes, I think it can be a good idea!!!

Right now, if your search right now using Chome anonymous mode for “hisense connect life home assistant”, this is the first result I get. So, maybe they could reconsider their policy.

Nicola, can you prepare the petition?

Have you tried to integrate ConnectLife via

Thank you for your suggestion. It does not work. Aircon was designed for the OLD Hisense App, but the new module with the new app (Connect Life) doesn’t work and Hisense replied to me that they " do not have a »public API«. So, they are not interested (at least for the moment) in opening their new echosystem.

Weird thing, Connectlife integrates with GoogleHome and Alexa. Maybe he can integrate devices from GoogleHome to HA.

1 Like

I though about it, but I use GoogleHome and my ConnectLife up (totally updated) only shows Alexa in “Voice and Other apps”. I do not know why…

I am working (slowly…) in controlling my unit using Broadlin IR repeaters. Saving the IR codes from the Hisense Machine, I can start that machine with the settings I desire. It needs some manual tries, captures and testing and will be a lot of configuration in HomeAssistant, but it works…

@monaco is there any new news on this topic of air conditioners?

Dear Alfonso,

Thank you for reaching out to ConnectLife!

We understand that compatibility with a wide range of platforms is important for our users, and we want to ensure that ConnectLife meets your needs and preferences. So to answer your question, we do not currently, but our team is actively developing a public API for custom integrations.

Although we cannot provide an exact timeline for when it will be available at this moment, we want you to know that your patience and support are greatly appreciated.

For any other questions, feel free to reach us!

Kind regards,

Karla

5 Likes

Thank you Alfonso, it’s a better response besides the one that they sent me, because they said that they are developing it.

I think I’m going to write again to him reporting also the link of this page so they could check how many people are asking about this. If you guys want to write to connectlife it could be a good idea. Don’t know if a petition is necessary, maybe only a little bit pressure via email for releasing the API is good :slight_smile: you can write directly to: [email protected]

Nicola

1 Like

Will write an email to them as well!

1 Like

Hello Everyone
I agree we need a connect life integration. However for those of you who are stuck for now I am able to control my Hisense window air conditioner using the google assistant sdk integration.
step 1 add the google sdk

step 2 add your connect life to google home
go to the google home app
click on devices
click the add button
click on works with google
find connectlife in the list and follow the prompts

once you set up the integration you can use the “google assistant send text command” service to send commands to your device loike the example below

alias: Backroom window ac on
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.livingroom_4_in_1_sensor_air_temperature
    above: 81
condition: []
action:
  - service: google_assistant_sdk.send_text_command
    data:
      command: turn on window ac
    data:
      command: set window ac temperature to 75 degrees
    data:
      command: set window ac speed to high
mode: single
1 Like

Hi,
I’m soon buying a hisense dishwasher, and are interested on a local integration with it as well, for errors and remote notification when it finishes (not sure if it will report energy/Water consumption too).

Given there’s no official support yet, i also sent a contact through Contact us - ConnectLife and even sent them a link to https://partner.home-assistant.io/ so that they can know how and where to get support and guidelines on the kind of integrations or public api that should be worked on.

Hope with the pressure from everyone they end up providing something!

1 Like

Sent a note to ConnectLife support. This was their response.

Thank you for reaching out to ConnectLife!

We understand that compatibility with a wide range of platforms is important for our users, and we want to ensure that ConnectLife meets your needs and preferences. So to answer your question, we do not currently, but our team is actively developing a public API for custom integrations.

Although we cannot provide an exact timeline for when it will be available at this moment, we want you to know that your patience and support are greatly appreciated. We are aiming for the third quarter of 2023 based on our current progress. However, I would like to emphasize that this is an estimation and may be subject to adjustments as we strive to deliver the best possible product.