Add integration for Hisense devices using ConnectLife

this is great! but can you make a simple guide to explain how we can try to integrate our device after installing your addon? :slight_smile:

This one looks promissing GitHub - oyvindwe/connectlife-ha: ConnectLife integration for Home Assistant

1 Like

great job! this one it’s very interesting. I have installed it, actually the entities are view only but it works. We’ll see!

1 Like

Chiming into this to add that the Bilan connector does not support device type 008 which is what my air conditioner is. It connects through the connectlife app but the connector seems to be hardcoded to only allow devicetype 006 and 009. Also trying to use the api server running the docker container locally gives strange error messages when trying to update any of the values:

2024-05-22 14:52:55 ........................................................................................................................ ~ 2s

WARN  production.INFO: ConnectLife: updating device. {"puid":"REDACTED","properties":{"power":"1"}} .  

WARN  production.INFO: Response ["{\"resultCode\":1,\"errorCode\":2,\"errorDesc\":\"Puid and wifiid not binging!\"}"] .  

WARN  production.INFO: ConnectLife: updating device result. {"resultCode":1,"errorCode":2,"errorDesc":"Puid and wifiid not binging!"} .  

2024-05-22 14:53:56 ........................................................................................................................ ~ 1s

I was able to create a routine on Alexa that set the mode/temp and fan speed with no issues.

Just had to make multiple switches to control it. It wasn’t elegant but it worked.

1 Like

Was just looking at a richmond window AC at menards and it appears to use an app call comfort+, which is developed by connectlife. Anyone know if they would use the same credentials?

MQTT works great with AC. Thanks for integration!!

For about 3 hours the component and also the application have been down. The air conditioners appear offline on the app but are in network. We are more than one with the same problem, I write from Italy it seems that the ConnectLife cloud is down. Someone has the same problem

yep, same problem. everything is offline.

Everything normal for me, but I see missing status for some period

So… someone has succeeded in controlling Hisense Air Conditioners with home assistant?

i have installed it but i cannot control my air conditioner and i wonder if i had to make some steps more after installing it

I’ve developed an interface for Hisense air conditioners with ESP32 instead of AEH-W4_1.
The biggest advantage of it is that it works via the local Ethernet. So it can work without Internet, it works much faster and the big brother cannot monitor the traffic. Every function of the AC can be controlled with it and every state can be monitored. (Current temperature, Target temperature, Fan speed, Power mode /fan, heat, cool, dry, auto/, Swing /On, Off/, Preset /Comfort, ECO, Boost/
If somebody is interested in it you can find the source file and hardware design on the following github page:

3 Likes

I have developed a custom integration that can be used directly in Home Assistant (without MQTT broker). Release 0.5.0 with support for climate and humidifier entities is just out.

Note that we need to define data dictionaries with mappings for all device types. Any unknown device will be created with all properties as hidden sensors. I would be very happy to get feedback from testing this, as well as PRs with additional data dictionaries.

7 Likes

I’m getting an error, the dcker image does not exists.

@monaco , the problem is i don’t have supervisor or addons. So using docker fixs the problem

Amazing, would love a bit more detail and would love to know if this could work with the smartlight swlf-01 dongle if we swapped out the USB port!

I have no idea what this is. Can it be controlled using the ConnectLife app?