šŸ†•[add-on] HassOS SSH port 22222 Configurator

I think that worked, i tried it again because I didnt know what I should see.

1 Like

So i tried your app again, and this time it worked!!

So I did 2 things different

1. When i put the key into configuration, i surrounded it with quotes
  2. I rebooted host in supervisor as opposed to restarting server in Configuration > Server Controls

1 Like

Thatā€™s it. Now youā€™ve got to figure out the problem with Putty. If youā€™re using windows you can always install WSL, then use a Linux tool the same way. If you figure out the problem with Putty, let me know. Iā€™m glad we are now supporting your platform!

We replied at same time. See my above reply, I got it working with your add-on as well.

1 Like

Hey, thatā€™s great. I think I typed my response a little late! Good to hear!

Thank you for your help and support of this new tool.

Kind of off topic, but I love the icon for one of your other add-ons.

1 Like

Thanks. Working on that one. I donā€™t know where itā€™s going yet. We will find out. I just made that icon today. :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks for cooking this up, I tried to install it on my HA instance (x86_64 virtual appliance imported from the official OVA file) but Iā€™m getting a prompt that ā€œThis add-on is not available on your systemā€. A quick google seems to indicate thatā€™s because it isnā€™t available for x86_64, that on the roadmap by any chance?

If it is Iā€™m happy to provide you with anything I can to make it as easy as possible.

1 Like

Please try v0.6 and let me know if it works. If it does, we can keep it. If it doesnā€™t, Iā€™ll probably make my own VBox.

Worked perfectly, much obliged.

1 Like

Glad it worked. It was likely supported when odroid was supported. I believe thatā€™s all the platforms!

Iā€™m trying to get this app to work and I keep getting connection refused on port 22222 after following the step by step process. Here are the logs after pasting the key in:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
creating authorized keys in sda1 !
no sdb1 config found
no mmcblk0p1 config found
This Configurator did it's job. Perform a hard-power-off now. This configurator only works once and is no longer needed.

Iā€™ve done two reboots using Supervisor -> System -> Reboot Host with no luck. Any thoughts?

Are you running HassOS, or are you running Debian and managing your own OS?

Iā€™m not sure, I inherited the system. This is what is shown on the host screen:

Ok. Currently im working on the raspian platform for all Configurator repos. Youā€™ll have to subscribe to this thread and wait for a bit. Iā€™m working through the issues and the kinks right now. Maybe check back next week.

Sounds good, thanks!

OH MY GOD @adamoutler. THANK YOU for making this add-on.

I just spent 2 hours f*****g around with USB drives, my VM host (which I rebooted about a dozen timesā€¦), and trying PuTTY only to see CONNECTION REFUSED over and over again.

I must have clicked every link and read every forum post about how to get into the damn host system. The documentation is a joke. Itā€™s written in such a condescending ā€œWell, if you donā€™t already know what youā€™re doing, then you *shouldnā€™t* be using this console.ā€ attitude.

Again, thank you so much. I pasted my public key in, rebooted my VM host twice (as it says to do!), and lo and behold, port 22222 is now accessible - and that mischevious login command ACTUALLY WORKS the way itā€™s supposed to.

:raised_hands:t2::star:

4 Likes

On Raspian there is no port 22222. You are running your own setup which you installed from your own image. On Raspian, you can just log in with your normal user under ssh and then access all the containers you wish using docker commands.

On HassOS, you can only get a default terminal before the system has completed boot.

But under normal circumstances, this is the HassOS Port 22222.

And thatā€™s also what is displayed when you plug a monitor into your Raspberry Pi. Under Raspian, you have access to your admin console via ssh on port 22. On HassOS, port 22 is used by SSH addons and the default SSH is on port 22222.

Iā€™m saying, I could deploy a ssh key to your device, but since you already created a username and password, and likely set up SSH, you probably donā€™t need it, and I donā€™t want to maintain an addon for deploying SSH keys where there already exists better ways. You already have access. If you donā€™t already have access then you can just set it up through raspi-config which is not available on the HassOS.

The primary reason this addon exists is after youā€™ve burned HassOS to a hard drive, its hard to find a cable to plug it into a computer because the USB connections for all current hard drive cases are USB-A to USB-A. Youā€™d need a USB-A to USB-A cable to plug it into a computer, or you need to install a terminal addon and then manually mount and modify files. This addon takes care of everything required to work around the lack of access to HassOS from SSH, and Raspian is outside the scope of capabilities because it lacks a port 22222.

Many thnx , now i can finally load some extra modules in the kernelā€¦ Was x86 already supported? I am running HassOS on an esxi server