Add-on: Scrypted (Homekit Secure Video)

Same problem here, rolling back to 0.2.9

I can’t figure it out either at the moment. Setting init: false doesn’t fix it. Recommend rolling back to 0.2.9 for now whilst I work it out

Ok, I think it’s fixed - adding init: false and hassio_role: default seems to have done the trick. Koush made some changes to the init section of the image recently so it might have upset the whole s6 overlay (I won’t pretend to have in-depth knowledge of it)

Please try updating back to 0.3.3, or if you’re already on it, re-installing the add-on, and let me know if it works - thanks!

2 Likes

Now it works :+1::+1::+1:THX

It’s working now, thank you.

I would vote for this.
Vote Here

Anyone in here: please feel free to copy my repo/parts of my repo and host it as your own, or suggest improvements to the one above. I’ve added ingress support but don’t have time to maintain it as I ended up not using it.

I won’t be able to provide support though, you’re on your own. :sweat_smile:

Edit: I’ll likely delete this repo later on this year.

FYI @dshafik

Does anyone know if it’s possible to use Scrypted’s WebRTC to provide video feeds to HA directly?

… I know that Scrypted has built-in WebRTC plugin that acts as a server for rebroadcasting. Can I point the Home Assistant’s RTSPtoWebRTC integration directly to Scrypted’s WebRTC server so that I am getting rebroadcast streams directly into HA using WebRTC?

I posted the same thing on their Reddit thread, maybe if it gets enough upvotes the author will implement it.

4 Likes

Thanks a bunch Alasdair, been using your add-on since almost day one I think. Works like a charm and much appreciated. How are you liking the “thin” version? Just using a some Amcrest and Unifi cameras with a few ring cameras that are still hanging around. Looks like it shouldn’t impact those plugins so I’m not too worried but thought I would ask. Guessing no difference at all except maybe saves some HA CPU?

Thanks, I appreciate it! Apologies as I hadn’t realised about the changes to Node 18 and subsequent different image tags so if you updated recently you might have been moved onto the lite version which can break plugins that are dependent on GStreamer. I’ve fixed this issue now so you can update to 0.4.9 full, but have also made a new add-on that (with tweaking) should track the lite versions. So you should be able to swap between the full and lite installations and see what works for you. I’ll do the same for the thin versions.

1 Like

Yeah I read about the changes in his docs and notice your add-on said “thin” so I didn’t update but after reading I am not using any of those plugins so maybe I’ll take the Lite for a spin eventually but the Mac mini doesn’t seem to mind the full version.

Thin version is live but please bear with me while I fix the auto-update scripts

1 Like

Ok, should now be fixed - full, thin and lite versions are all up-to-date and available to download.

1 Like

What is the difference between full thin and lite regarding hksv video? Is lite enough for all features?

Hi all, I’m very pleased to report that Ingress is now supported by the addon!

Enormous thanks and credit due to @ggravlingen for allowing me to copy bits of his repo - it has been an enormous education for me in in all things github and this wouldn’t have been possible without their code.

Updates will be a little slower in future as I have replaced the automatic version bumping with a system that allows me to vet the update first - hopefully this should prevent you from being pushed beta versions of the docker image that then causes problems.

I’m now going to be studying for some important exams for a bit so expect some radio silence but I will keep an eye out for any problems, please log them in the usual way on github.

3 Likes

Also you may need to refresh your addon store to see the update!

Great to learn that you were able to pick up the bits! Do you have all you need from my repo? If so, I’ll delete it now.

I think I have all I need, again many thanks!

1 Like